Make the most of Miyaichi

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Make the most of Miyaichi

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:What a load of fecking horse shit that is. It cannot be correct. What's he had ... 1.5 games ?

I vote for Tuncay ..... ah, same problem.
He played against Millwall (FA Cup), so 2.5 games. I think, at least, he was one of the best players of us last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7ne1yRNsI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Wonderwanderer12 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:52 pm

to be fair he probably was one of the better players in what was a pretty awful month of performances all round...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:feck me what pillocks vote for that?
Same lot that turned up in their droves when we once had Akinora Nishizawa on the subs bench for a league cup game, I'd say.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Very close, it seems he is good at curling it into the far corner, he scored just like that against Millwall too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrv9s-i6 ... AAAAAAAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 am

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:Very close, it seems he is good at curling it into the far corner, he scored just like that against Millwall too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrv9s-i6 ... AAAAAAAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are you Japanese?

He's a pretty decent player in a good team potentially, looks decent in our team, but we need more grit.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:Very close, it seems he is good at curling it into the far corner, he scored just like that against Millwall too.
Shame his miss from pretty much the same angle helped us lose a point against Wigan
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:18 pm

boltonboris wrote:Oh, feck bore off with your Miyaichi bollocks. Yes he's young, yes he's fast. Get over yourself. His empty headedness cost us a goal on Saturday and he did feck all else up the other end. Yet somehow, our moronic fans are voting him as player of the month with over 50% of votes.

I'm sure he's a good player, but I'll pass judgement with my own eye, not a fvckin YouTube video of him doing a fvckin stepover and then ballsing up his final pass
This. The sooner Chungy's back the better.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Arsenal reach agreement with Koln for Podolski
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ski-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This could be a good news for us too. I mean, I know Arsenal already have a lot of strikers and wingers, so they sent us Miyaichi on loan. In the wake of this terrible season(4 or 5th place is not enough for them), Wenger is forced to buy established players like Podolski instead of testing young talents like Miyaichi, and Wenger might send us him on loan next season again.
Last edited by Wonderwanderer12 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah you like that Miyachi dont you.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:38 pm

I, too, am enamoured of the zippy little gaijin. I think he could do well, potentially.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:40 pm

i thought gaijin meant 'non-japanese' ?

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:47 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:i thought gaijin meant 'non-japanese' ?
In Japan it means a non-Japanese, yes. But the literal meaning is (gai) outside (jin) person.
So therefore, in England, a Japanese is a gaijin. :lol:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm

clever...i like it :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:Arsenal reach agreement with Koln for Podolski
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... ski-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This could be a good news for us too. I mean, I know Arsenal already have a lot of strikers and wingers, so they sent us Miyaichi on loan. In the wake of this terrible season(4 or 5 place is not enough for them), Wenger is forced to buy established players like Podolski instead of testing young talents like Miyaichi, and Wenger might send us him on loan next season again.
Looks like the end for Chamakh and possibly Park Chu-Young.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:Arsenal reach agreement with Koln for Podolski

This could be a good news for us too. I mean, I know Arsenal already have a lot of strikers and wingers, so they sent us Miyaichi on loan. In the wake of this terrible season(4 or 5 place is not enough for them), Wenger is forced to buy established players like Podolski instead of testing young talents like Miyaichi, and Wenger might send us him on loan next season again.
Didn't they loan out Arshavin few week back to Zenit and I imagine they'll try get him off the books in the summer. It seems likely that Podolski will come in for Chamakh as DSB pointed and when Arshavin is finally sold Ryo will return as a long term replacement for the Russian and provide competition and cover to Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain (and Gervinho if he's a winger??). If Arsenal bring in Podolski, keep RVP and bring in one or two to strengthen up the defence and provide some midfield spark (or if Rosicksy can keep up his recent form) then they'd definitely be worth a punt for champions next year. As will we...champion(ship) that is... :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:06 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Didn't they loan out Arshavin few week back to Zenit and I imagine they'll try get him off the books in the summer. It seems likely that Podolski will come in for Chamakh as DSB pointed and when Arshavin is finally sold Ryo will return as a long term replacement for the Russian and provide competition and cover to Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain (and Gervinho if he's a winger??).
Well he sure ain't a striker... hard-working under-deadly "wide forward", like Dirk Kuyt but less Dutch.

I think next season is huge for Miyaichi - he needs to prove he's a top-flight player, probably on loan.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:17 pm

officer_dibble wrote:feck me what pillocks vote for that?
Ahh well you see the Japanese fans, like Americans, are not above poll stuffing.

Also see

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/playerr ... nwanderers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/playerr ... nwanderers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The amount of votes for Miyaichi says it all. You can also clearly see the American influence in the way that Ream is rated higher than the rest of the defence and midfield (Miyaichi apart) despite looking like a shell shocked school child on saturday. It's a age old yank tactic whereby they vote their players higher and everyone else lower to make it look like the yankee is the main man.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:53 pm

By "age-old", do you mean the internet age, or were they doing this with phone polls in Ye Olde Days?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Telegram polls& Morse Poll
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 pm