OUR club...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: OUR club...

Post by thebish » Fri May 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Superb OP, Bowtun Warrior. Best bit, for me:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Now, come August we’ll still be there. Be it Brighton or Manchester, we will be there. Why? Because this is OUR club. The club WE love. The club WE stand side-by-side for.

or - to be fair... sit! :wink:

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Fri May 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Got to agree with Bowton Warrier, Get him in that changing room to give the same to the players, problem is do they care as much about OUR club as we do ?? Somehow I doubt it, as the majority won't be at Brighton or Manchester next season with us, they'll be elsewhere saying that they have a passion for whoever pays the most.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Despite what's said about footballers, they do on the most part have proffessional pride and they DO care about fans. They also care about their reputations and I'd like to think the lads at our club have a bit more self-respect than others.

Let's see..

Either way COME ON YOU WHITE MEN!!!!!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri May 11, 2012 2:20 pm

thebish wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Now, come August we’ll still be there. Be it Brighton or Manchester, we will be there. Why? Because this is OUR club. The club WE love. The club WE stand side-by-side for.

:lol:
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Fri May 11, 2012 2:27 pm

great OP but i would be lieing if i said i still felt 100% that way about the club and football in general. haven't for about 3 or 4 years really.

sunday really does have an end-of-an-era feel to it sadly, but you never know.

either way, when august comes around i'll be excited for the season again, whichever division we are in.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri May 11, 2012 3:10 pm

I'll be watching from home. Great OP.

Hopefully i'll hear the away end all game through the tv. Might help calm the nerves. At least it's on the tv, 8 of the 10 games are being shown live here in the states.

Still my team no matter what. If it was about glory we'd be wearing read like so many other sob's.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 11, 2012 3:16 pm

What the feck is an OP? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What the feck is an OP? :conf:
I think it's yoof speak for Original Post - ie - the one at the top...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Observation Post?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 11, 2012 3:20 pm

thebish wrote:
I think it's yoof speak for Original Post - ie - the one at the top...
Ah, thank you. Now then, let me try something. Original post. Nope, not difficult to type out in the least! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Fri May 11, 2012 3:20 pm

boltonboris wrote:Despite what's said about footballers, they do on the most part have proffessional pride and they DO care about fans. They also care about their reputations and I'd like to think the lads at our club have a bit more self-respect than others.

Let's see..

Not as far as Knight and Mark Davies are concerned and will both be gone either way. Sorry can't see anything other than Championship football next season and the prospect of that no longer fills me with doom

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 pm

thebish wrote:

Oh you little bugger :spank:
:lol:

Mind, 2,700 of us won't be standing on Sunday. They may as well remove my seat

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Opening post 8)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 pm

newboy wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Despite what's said about footballers, they do on the most part have proffessional pride and they DO care about fans. They also care about their reputations and I'd like to think the lads at our club have a bit more self-respect than others.

Let's see..

Not as far as Knight and Mark Davies are concerned and will both be gone either way. Sorry can't see anything other than Championship football next season and the prospect of that no longer fills me with doom

Your a real ray of sunshine every time i see one of your posts recently.. Just for one last game can you not get behind the team :conf: Even the majority of usual doomers have shown hope and support for the lads in this thread..

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Big responsibility on all you guys lucky enough to have a ticket. You're representing all of us and how we feel about our club.

Whatever happens, we want lots of noise throughout and 2700 hoarse and knackered fans in the away end at the final whistle.

We have faith in you and in our team.

C'mon Bolton

:oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Fri May 11, 2012 6:33 pm

ChrisC wrote:
newboy wrote:

Let's see..

Your a real ray of sunshine every time i see one of your posts recently.. Just for one last game can you not get behind the team :conf: Even the majority of usual doomers have shown hope and support for the lads in this thread..
And deny myself the chance to be the only one to say I told you so :wink:
We've had so many chances to get out of it and blown it every time can't see Sunday being any different.As I said it doesn't fill me with dread going down if it isn't this year it'll be next or the one after ,we can no longer compete in this league do you really want us to be a club that just barely survives year after year? lets rip the plaster off and get it over with and back to proper football

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 11, 2012 6:36 pm

newboy wrote: And deny myself the chance to be the only one to say I told you so :wink:
oh I think there will be 1000 of those!! you've rather missed the boat - some have been at it since October!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 pm

I can't do it... Gave up my ticket today...

Going for a walk... Mobile off...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm

William the White wrote:I can't do it... Gave up my ticket today...
Going for a walk... Mobile off...
Aw, c'mon Will. Even if we lost - which I don't think we will -it won't be any worse than some things we've coped with before. Imagine being fourteen years old, football mad, and watching us leading 3-1 at half-time in the F.A.Cup final, and then seeing us lose 4-3 to fxcking Blackpool. Saw it on a neighbour's 15" black and white TV, and was totally devastated. Walked about in a daze for days after. Doubt anything can ever be worse than that for me.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Fri May 11, 2012 10:15 pm

It's like a road accident, you want not to look.. but you just can't help yourself..
The hope just keeps reeling you in... but oddly it won't cut like Bristol or Tranmere [first time] or Watford if it goes awry
and it won't elate like Preston or Reading of old..
may be that's just me.. may be I should walk the dog or photograph some horse racing somewhere..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham