Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 pm

At the time I'd given up. I actually had no memory of Ream's header until I watched MoTD.

I think that one is pretty low down on the list of bad decisions he's made this season. Although, I'm not sure why he would have even needed to know the City-QPR score.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 pm

I just feel like that is such an obvious tactical move. You’re tied in an absolute must win game, you get a corner with seconds left, you throw the keeper up. It should have been part of set piece practice this week. Bogdan should have had it in his head from about minute 88. And I bet Coyle never even discussed it with the team.

Plenty of 5-a-side though, I’m sure.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:59 pm

What is the point in all this analysis of the minutae of one game? Coyle has shit for brains and couldn't get one call right if his life depended on it. I agree with Pedersen by the way regarding not giving up until the game is over. Why not send Bogdan up when it could make a difference? This season has resembled an accident happening in slow motion where in any game, with a bit more nous and more balls we could have survived.

I will not forgive nor forget. The f'ing idiots who have undone 11 years effort will have to pay the price. The sooner the better.

McLeish has gone even though Villa stayed up! What does that tell you about our pusilanimous Chairman? Compare and contrast the decisiveness in two clubs. Yes, you've guessed it! He has shit for brains too. Clueless.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 7:12 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:McLeish has gone even though Villa stayed up! What does that tell you about our pusilanimous Chairman? Compare and contrast the decisiveness in two clubs. Yes, you've guessed it! He has shit for brains too. Clueless.
I wonder if it’s the fact that Lerner is spending his own money while Gartside is spending Eddie Davies’. I also think Lerner has higher expectations for his team than does Gartside. Allardyce was the visionary who saw a path to Europe. Gartside has always seemed fairly happy with 17th place.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: But I genuinely think the fans, Coyle, the players knowing the QPR score had packed it in by then.

Nobody could predict what was about to happen at City.

One of those things.
City never gave up, and look what they got for their trouble, and what we got for ours.

Do we still have a sports psychologist at the club?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Pedersen whatcha doing back? you havent posted for years?

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Mon May 14, 2012 7:14 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:McLeish has gone even though Villa stayed up! What does that tell you about our pusilanimous Chairman? Compare and contrast the decisiveness in two clubs. Yes, you've guessed it! He has shit for brains too. Clueless.
I wonder if it’s the fact that Lerner is spending his own money while Gartside is spending Eddie Davies’. I also think Lerner has higher expectations for his team than does Gartside. Allardyce was the visionary who saw a path to Europe. Gartside has always seemed fairly happy with 17th place.
^Spot on.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Lerner has appointed Houllier and McCleish since falling out with O'Neill who was Villa's Allardyce.

So I think that's a bit unfair. Doubt villa fans think Lerner is great.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 pm

midlands exile wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
^Spot on.
Maybe, but there is only so long that you can continue to walk that tightrope if you have no ambition. I have higher expectations too. Why doesn't Gartside? If he was really a good steward of the club he would have been questioning Coyles decisions far more closely and carefully than he has appeared to. So I afraid Gartside has shit for brains together with the other clueless one.

And if one more person mentions money without thinking that will confirm everything I have thought about most football fans for the last 20 years. Success comes from getting the very best out of the resources at your disposal. We had more than enough even with the injuries to make a better fist of things than clueless and his buddies have done.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lerner has appointed Houllier and McCleish since falling out with O'Neill who was Villa's Allardyce.

So I think that's a bit unfair. Doubt villa fans think Lerner is great.
I'm not saying he's perfect. He's made mistakes, just as Gartside has. Lerner seems more willing to correct them though.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon May 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Can we call a day on this now? We're down, we need to get back up. We have a manager who is staying put and being allowed to continue the project he started. End of. Recriminations and endless whining will do no one any good and could well harm our chances of a good season next year.

By all means get on Garty's back and Coyle's if we're mid table or less after ten games next year. Until then, there are times a club needs people behind it pulling together in the same direction. This is one of them.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Can we call a day on this now? We're down, we need to get back up. We have a manager who is staying put and being allowed to continue the project he started. End of. Recriminations and endless whining will do no one any good and could well harm our chances of a good season next year.

By all means get on Garty's back and Coyle's if we're mid table or less after ten games next year. Until then, there are times a club needs people behind it pulling together in the same direction. This is one of them.
How the fcuk do you think our chances will be harmed by stating the obvious? I support the club, not individuals who have been shown to have feet of clay.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm

What was all that shit we give Megson? I'm fcuking baffled now, looking through some of the topics on the board most seem like there looking forward to next season :crazy:
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Jokers in White wrote:What was all that shit we give Megson? I'm fcuking baffled now, looking through some of the topics on the board most seem like there looking forward to next season :crazy:
Not much choice is there really?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Jokers in White wrote:What was all that shit we give Megson? I'm fcuking baffled now, looking through some of the topics on the board most seem like there looking forward to next season :crazy:
I think people are exhausted from the Megson ordeal. It's hard to keep that level of outrage up if you're not a Liverpool fan.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon May 14, 2012 7:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Not much choice is there really?
You understand were i'm coming from though, everyone hated Megson with a passion yet he didn't take us down but its alright for Coyle
ex player and all that shit. I'm just surprised that most are still behind him i don't get it.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
I think people are exhausted from the Megson ordeal. It's hard to keep that level of outrage up if you're not a Liverpool fan.
Agreed. And it's a message board where people express opinions. We are all backing the club even if we state on here disagreement with some of its decisions.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon May 14, 2012 8:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Agreed. And it's a message board where people express opinions. We are all backing the club even if we state on here disagreement with some of its decisions.
Well said Insano.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Jokers in White wrote:You understand were i'm coming from though, everyone hated Megson with a passion yet he didn't take us down but its alright for Coyle ex player and all that shit. I'm just surprised that most are still behind him i don't get it.
The situations are just totally different. When Megson came in we were in Europe, we had just finished 7th, we had a failed experiment with Sammy Lee, but we still should have been an attractive proposition. To get a guy whose finest achievement was yo-yoing with West Brom (via somewhat shady means) felt like a slap to the face. By the time Coyle came around we all knew we were on the down slope.

Also, say what you want about Coyle, but he's a really nice guy. Megson isn't. It makes a difference.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 8:28 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:You understand were i'm coming from though, everyone hated Megson with a passion yet he didn't take us down but its alright for Coyle ex player and all that shit. I'm just surprised that most are still behind him i don't get it.
The situations are just totally different. When Megson came in we were in Europe, we had just finished 7th, we had a failed experiment with Sammy Lee, but we still should have been an attractive proposition. To get a guy whose finest achievement was yo-yoing with West Brom (via somewhat shady means) felt like a slap to the face. By the time Coyle came around we all knew we were on the down slope.

Also, say what you want about Coyle, but he's a really nice guy. Megson isn't. It makes a difference.
Just to take a little issue with that. Those that know Megson seem to think he's ok.

Coyle is better at self promotion. Therefore spends more time engaging with fans.

I also think we were in a far bigger mess when Megson came in than when he left. I think people underestimate how much Allardyce going, taking the who infrastructure out and Lee coming in and making everything worse, affected the club. Frankly we didn't have such a great side even when Sam left. Anelka aside most of our players were on a downwards slope, as has been shown since they left us.