Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

Danny Guthrie is not the messiah
Pfffft.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue May 15, 2012 10:46 am

Sponge wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:
ChrisC wrote:I can't think of any teams in the championship who can rival a midfield consisting of Petrov - Mavies - Holden - Eagles - LCY .. Pratley was good for Swansea in the championship.. Vela looks promising and we might even be lucky enough to see Moooo come back at some point. We can control most games with that midfield IMO.
Big if, but if Holden is fit then our midfield will be rock solid. Would be great if Petrov stayed as that midfield would be a class apart.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eagles have a go in central/attacking midfield. He was a regular action man in the last few months and seemed to spearhead most counter-attacks. Good at finding space on the break and improving at tackling/closing people down.

Now if only we could teach Mavis the same...

And if only they could both learn how to shoot.

Oh, and Chris, in case you happen to be reading this: if you hit another fecking free kick into the wall I will find out where you live and bog roll your car. Then squirt shaving cream through your letter box. And maybe place a flaming dog turd on your front steps. YOU FECKING TW*T. :spank:
So true. Eagles could also do with knowing when to lay it off, rather than thinking he's Lionel Messi.

There was a moment in the match at Stoke where he won it around the halfway line, took it all the way into the box, came up against the Stoke defence holding their positions, and instead of laying off to an unmarked Klasnic, tried to take them on and lost the ball. Seen that so many times it's infuriating.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 am

Just a point on Nixon's Mirror report that nobody seems to have picked up. (I've reposted it here or clarity and in case people get the site blocked)
Alan Nixon in the Mirror wrote:Coyle's clear-out: Bolton boss to sell veterans including Jaaskelainen and Klasnic... but keep Davies

Bolton boss Owen Coyle will ease the financial pain of relegation - by letting a handful of the club’s senior citizens go. Keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen and top scorer Ivan Klasnic are two of the main casualties as Wanderers face up to the loss of around £20 million in prize money from the Premier League.

Jaaskelainen has been negotiating an achievement-based deal but will now make a natural break from Bolton after a decade of top-class service. The Finn, who is building a home in the area, would be second choice to Player of the Year Adam Bogdan and is also looking for a fresh start.

Klasnic’s deal is up and he will be squeezed out as Coyle looks to promote Marvin Sordell after a frustrating start for the £3 million signing from Watford.

Coyle released left back Paul Robinson, injury-jinxed midfielder Sean Davis and Robbie Blake before the final game - with Ricardo Gardner also going after one knee problem too many.

The departure of those five alone will wipe over £7 million off the payroll, with other out-of-contract players to go. Icelandic right back Gretar Steinsson’s future looks away from the Reebok.

Coyle is going to keep veteran captain Kevin Davies on less terms, while left winger Martin Petrov is staying - if he wants - after playing enough games for a clause to kick in and give him an extension. Zat Knight is also keen to play on, with a better chance of a start after David Wheater’s knee injury, but he would also be on a smaller deal.

Loan signings Dedryck Boyata, Ryo Miyaichi and Tuncay will be returned and all of those extra adjustments will trim a further £5 million from the budget.

Coyle does not want to lose any more players as he tries to recover at the first attempt and told fans at an end-of-season bash: “We want to come back bigger, better and stronger - with a young and vibrant side.”

Bolton chief Coyle also has to persuade midfield dynamo Nigel Reo-Coker to stay. He has a release clause in his deal - but Wanderers hope he sticks around.

The loss of those nine players should not be too badly felt, especially with long-term absentees Stuart Holden and Chung-Yong Lee on their way back. Holden is due to start pre-season training after two major injuries that have torn 18 months out of his blossoming career and Lee has made two brief cameo appearances as a sub. Youngsters Josh Vela and Joe Riley will also feature more as Coyle trims down his squad, cuts the salaries and lowers the average age.
Note that Petrov's seems to be auto-activated *hopefully at lower level) rather than a fait accompli, and that Knight may simply "want" to stay...

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

I heard Steinsson was off to Sunderland, the day before the Sunderland match the other week.

Why the hell did we give Robbie Blake a deal last year?
West Stand White

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

Meh last year has gone, consign it to the past, he's gone now anyway.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 am

HM Murdock wrote:Why the hell did we give Robbie Blake a deal last year?
Plus £5m on our loan signings?!

Tuncay who seemed to be as popular with Coyle as Sordell, and hardly ever played.

Kakuta and Miyachi were pretty similar, showed some decent flashes early on then faded terribly, is this to do with our coaching compared to where they came from?

Boyata might just about be classed as a mild success, due to providing cover at times to such a stretched defence. But I still feel we unsettled the defence at the start of the season, as we chopped and changed trying to fit him in, for no other reason than we'd just signed him.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 am

http://www.clubcall.com/bolton-wanderer ... 29508.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 am

Didnt he just sign a new contract yesterday?

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 am

Nothing written in the media about him signing, although his wife tweeted that he has signed. I'm guessing that is as close to the source as you can get.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reo-Coker off? Guess he hasn't decided yet.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 am

Sometimes players say things about other players to be nice. In a way, if (IF) he does stay, then he really will believe that we have good players coming through to not only go back up but also to do well in the PL. If he doesn't then he either doesn't really believe that or he simply can't wait.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:54 am

Judging by what Nixon is saying, NRC wants a prem club but many mightn't take him because of his wage demands and he could be staying here cause we need him and probably pay what he wants

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Mark Connolly tweets suggesting he may have been released.

Mark Connolly ‏ @Mark5Connolly
I'd like to thank everyone at bolton wanderers football club for the past 3 years.. Great bunch of players there that ill miss

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Beefheart wrote:Mark Connolly tweets suggesting he may have been released.

I'd like to thank everyone at bolton wanderers football club for the past 3 years.. Great bunch of players there that ill miss
I saw some rumourage a few days ago that he may be off to Motherwell. Don't see him as Champion's League material.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Mark Connolly tweets suggesting he may have been released.

I saw some rumourage a few days ago that he may be off to Motherwell. Don't see him as Champion's League material.
League 2 > SPL

:wink:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

I take it he's not very good? I honestly don't know too much about Connelly
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 pm

TKIZ! wrote:I take it he's not very good? I honestly don't know too much about Connelly
What I've seen of him he's looked ok. Not big enough for a centre back really, probably not quite enough ability for midfield.

So one of those really I guess.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue May 15, 2012 12:46 pm

I've seen it all now...

I think the general consensus, even from those closest to him, it that Kevin Davies IS definately staying. That club call bollocks is just a rehash of a mirror story three days prior, really can't stand that site;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ers-829773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

TKIZ! wrote:I take it he's not very good? I honestly don't know too much about Connelly
All I know is that while we were in deep, deep doody with injuries etc. in the defence Coyle never even put him on the bench.

Though he paid £3m for a striker who he never used & then gave him 10m at the end of a vital game & he looked quite good .... so the above isn't as cut & dried as it might should be.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue May 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Isn't he just a little short? Unless he could push forward as defensive midfield him and Ream may have been a liability at the back as far as height goes.