'Ull V Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 'Ull V Bolton

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:
chester white wrote:Just got back, so annoyed.

I've been calling for 4-5-1 but today the problems ran deeper than systems. As soon as we conceded heads dropped and to me it looks like some of the players are no longer playing for him.
and if that is the case it is utterly fecking pathetic.. they should play for the club, play for the fans, play for their own fecking professional pride!!!!
The Chelsea squad didn't play for Villas Boas.....got him out.....went on to win the CL, not that I think we would win the CL mind.
I don't care who else did it - I just think it's fecking pathetic!! 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Pathetic or not, it happens. And is happening to us. Can't change 20 odd players, especially as Coyle bought a lot of em in! Only one answer......

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Pathetic or not, it happens. And is happening to us.
and it's fecking pathetic!! don't you agree?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Kill everyone?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Kill everyone?
I think that's fair...

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 pm

thebish wrote:
Human nature. If you don't like you're boss, and none of your colleagues do either, you're not going to get much work done.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:39 pm

thebish wrote:
Well sort of, but did you blame the players for getting Lee sacked? Or Megson? Or McFarland?

I don't know what is going on at the club but something is seriously not right. As Coyle rightly said in his interview it is his responsibility.

Frankly I think it's pathetic that for 18 months he's said the same thing after games but changed nothing!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Well sort of, but did you blame the players for getting Lee sacked? Or Megson? Or McFarland?
yes.

don't worry - you can hold two opinions at the same time!! Thinking the players are pathetic does not then mean you love Coyle!!

and - what do you mean "sort of"? you think the players are "sort of" pathetic? Surely either they are or they aren't - get off the fence, man!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:46 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
yes.

don't worry - you can hold two opinions at the same time!! Thinking the players are pathetic does not then mean you love Coyle!!

and - what do you mean "sort of"? you think the players are "sort of" pathetic? Surely either they are or they aren't - get off the fence, man!!!
They should play for the club. But if 20 or so players think the manager isn't good and he doesn't give them the confidence or belief to go out and perform, is it the 20 players who are wrong or the one manager?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
Human nature. If you don't like you're boss, and none of your colleagues do either, you're not going to get much work done.
bollox!! PLENTY of people get on with their jobs to full effect and don't really like their boss...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
They should play for the club. But if 20 or so players think the manager isn't good and he doesn't give them the confidence or belief to go out and perform, is it the 20 players who are wrong or the one manager?
can't it be both?? why the forced dichotomy??

Erik Amber
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Erik Amber » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Hull fan here, lads. Few thoughts on today:

1) I, like many outsiders, tipped you to win the league. You've got a great set of individual players, but it was quite apparent that they're not a TEAM. The first half of the game was pretty even, with both sides' goals coming as a result of pretty wild deflections. The second half, up to the 75th minute, was all City. In the last 15 minutes we barely touched the ball, yet for all of your possession in that time you created nothing. As soon as a Wanderers player had the ball within 25-yards of the City goal, he'd either lump it out of play or f**k-about with it until he got tackled. Why did Coyle not order the team to pile the pressure on up-front? Even from a City point of view, I was expecting us to crumble.

2)Also, your players are quite capable of playing the ball on the floor, and if you'd stuck Petrov in the middle (why was he not playing, by the way?) and done so, you'd probably have nullified any City threat and left with at least a point. However, your players, particularly the back-four, repeatedly resorted to needless long-balls when under absolutely no pressure. What happened to the 'attacking, passing football' that Coyle employed in his first few months as boss?

3) Sam Ricketts didn't have a bad game at left-back, but why is a right-footed player being played in that position anyway?

4) Sides in the situation Bolton were today need a strong, experienced player to take the bull by the horns and rally everyone. Kevin Davies, Zat Knight, and Keith Andrews are all players I'd expect to fill that role, yet they all looked as disinterested as the rest.

5) Over the past few years, we've had a remarkable record of getting opposition managers sacked. Fingers crossed, eh... :wink:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:55 pm

thebish wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
bollox!! PLENTY of people get on with their jobs to full effect and don't really like their boss...
I fecking hate mine!

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Did he stick to 4-5-1 today or did he resort to form and end up conceding more goals.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:01 pm

"repeatedly resorted to needless long-balls when under absolutely no pressure."-On the money.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Erik Amber wrote:Hull fan here, lads. Few thoughts on today:

1) I, like many outsiders, tipped you to win the league. You've got a great set of individual players, but it was quite apparent that they're not a TEAM. The first half of the game was pretty even, with both sides' goals coming as a result of pretty wild deflections. The second half, up to the 75th minute, was all City. In the last 15 minutes we barely touched the ball, yet for all of your possession in that time you created nothing. As soon as a Wanderers player had the ball within 25-yards of the City goal, he'd either lump it out of play or f**k-about with it until he got tackled. Why did Coyle not order the team to pile the pressure on up-front? Even from a City point of view, I was expecting us to crumble.

2)Also, your players are quite capable of playing the ball on the floor, and if you'd stuck Petrov in the middle (why was he not playing, by the way?) and done so, you'd probably have nullified any City threat and left with at least a point. However, your players, particularly the back-four, repeatedly resorted to needless long-balls when under absolutely no pressure. What happened to the 'attacking, passing football' that Coyle employed in his first few months as boss?

3) Sam Ricketts didn't have a bad game at left-back, but why is a right-footed player being played in that position anyway?

4) Sides in the situation Bolton were today need a strong, experienced player to take the bull by the horns and rally everyone. Kevin Davies, Zat Knight, and Keith Andrews are all players I'd expect to fill that role, yet they all looked as disinterested as the rest.

5) Over the past few years, we've had a remarkable record of getting opposition managers sacked. Fingers crossed, eh... :wink:

Got us down to a T pal

I do hope he gets sacked

Good luck for the rest of the season :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:05 pm

there is something in this lack of desire stuff though.
this is barring K Davies and Zat Knight a completely transformed team since THAT day at Wembley.
it is Coyle's team -and putting to one side all the juvenile shite about formations, set piece preparation and all of the fog and mirrors that spews forth on here at times- it is that which will sack Coyle; if he is unable to put out a side that a) is good enough at this level or b) is good enough but cant be arsed- then he has to go.
but we HAVE to give his side a chance to conclusively prove its failure - that point is not reached yet after 4 games. and last seasons team was not Coyle's team in the way this is.
we should have sacked him after the shocking run after Wembley- we (ED and Gartside didnt)therefore implicit in that was the charge (trust?) for him to go out and re-build the team. He's done that and at the minute the signs aren't too good that its much good but we need to see this through to the bitter end i.e when it is absolutely clear that we will not win promotion this season before we kick him out, put someone else in charge who MAY be great but just as likely will fail and will have built the team in his image in the meantime.

let the abuse begin
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Comes to something when a fan of the opposition nails it spot on.

Owen time to go, Owen Owen time to go!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:12 pm

thebish wrote:bollox!! PLENTY of people get on with their jobs to full effect and don't really like their boss...
I hope you're not including yourself in that Bish :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
thebish wrote:bollox!! PLENTY of people get on with their jobs to full effect and don't really like their boss...
I hope you're not including yourself in that Bish :wink:
:lol:

I'm just saying if there's widespread low morale/disillusionment that leads to lower productivity.

OC is 99% motivation so if that's not working we're in trouble.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.