Spearing £3Mil

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Spearing £3Mil

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Leeds have equalised against Blackburn after Blackburn were 2-0 up. Diouf on the scoresheet for Leeds.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Mar wrote:Leeds have equalised against Blackburn after Blackburn were 2-0 up. Diouf on the scoresheet for Leeds.

:conf:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Mar's hit the bottle.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Him and me both.
Businesswoman of the year.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:29 pm

I'll have whatever he's got.
Last edited by HMX on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Now Leeds are 3-2 up. I'm not crazy its really happening and looking at someone else's plight helps take the mind off of our own. :(

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Mar wrote:Now Leeds are 3-2 up. I'm not crazy its really happening and looking at someone else's plight helps take the mind off of our own. :(
On the Jay Spearing thread? Are you Dan in disguise?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:37 pm

The one very weak positive today. He looked good. Tidy, wanted the ball, chased, tackled. Soon knock that out of him. Saw him at Tesco petrol station after the game. He said hello and hopped back into his white range rover. Oh well..
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Supermarket fuel? F*cking cheapskate.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 pm

He's new

he'll be as unintersted and demotivated as the rest soon

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:22 am

I believe Spearing asked a few fellow pros about what loan move to make as he had a few options, the general advice was 'Go to Bolton'... but also.. 'the fans are shit and will get on your back after 15 minutes' so make of that what you will. These other pros have never played for us but still recognise it. It may be costing us players at some point if this is the prevailing opinion.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:52 am

Athers wrote:I believe Spearing asked a few fellow pros about what loan move to make as he had a few options, the general advice was 'Go to Bolton'... but also.. 'the fans are shit and will get on your back after 15 minutes' so make of that what you will. These other pros have never played for us but still recognise it. It may be costing us players at some point if this is the prevailing opinion.
Did he get offered a loan at Villa? They're even worse than us! I take your point though the fans as a whole get on the teams back way too easy. But they ways it going atm I don't blame them.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:05 am

Athers wrote:I believe Spearing asked a few fellow pros about what loan move to make as he had a few options, the general advice was 'Go to Bolton'... but also.. 'the fans are shit and will get on your back after 15 minutes' so make of that what you will. These other pros have never played for us but still recognise it. It may be costing us players at some point if this is the prevailing opinion.
He's already used to that then.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:17 am

Arent fans the same at all clubs. I know there's a rich tradition of slagging players even when the team is doing well but I thought that was the same wherever you go?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Arent fans the same at all clubs. I know there's a rich tradition of slagging players even when the team is doing well but I thought that was the same wherever you go?
It is. All this stuff about Bolton fans being worse is bollocks. Let's face it they have been incredibly patient with Coyle. If he'd produced the same set of results at West ham he'd have received all manner of abuse long long before our fans have eventually and correctly turned. Not to mention the players......

There were people there yesterday willing Hull on to score more to help the cause of Coyle going. Which is partly why I left early. What's the point of staying? No chance of us getting back into the game and watching people support the opposition ain't my cup of tea. However the fans have been pushed to this by the incompetence of Coyle. I don't particularly blame them they've had enough!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
It is. All this stuff about Bolton fans being worse is bollocks. Let's face it they have been incredibly patient with Coyle. If he'd produced the same set of results at West ham he'd have received all manner of abuse long long before our fans have eventually and correctly turned. Not to mention the players......

There were people there yesterday willing Hull on to score more to help the cause of Coyle going. Which is partly why I left early. What's the point of staying? No chance of us getting back into the game and watching people support the opposition ain't my cup of tea. However the fans have been pushed to this by the incompetence of Coyle. I don't particularly blame them they've had enough!
That's sounding pretty nasty. Consistency suggests the board will give him at least another month but in the circumstances theyd be doing everyone a favour if they got shut and that includes coyle. I imagine Gartside must be asking him if he's had enough now. If coyle wants to continue I expect they will give him 6 weeks. It's good that there's a two week break now eitherway.

If coyle is staying he can step back reassess,decide on his best 11 and try to work on one last plan that hopefully the team will believe in.It does feel like death throes though and not the kind they sell at DFS. :roll:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am

Yes, hard to know the degrees of it elsewhere, but it seems we're well known for it.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:25 am

Athers wrote:
Yes, hard to know the degrees of it elsewhere, but it seems we're well known for it.
I think the problem here is people have been biting their tongue for too long. I thought the fans were unbelievably patient with Coyle last year. The away games I went to still had people singing his name, even when it was pretty evident to me he was sending us down.

I suspect the media and pro reaction to our fans is due to how popular Coyle is within the game. I don't buy into any attempt to characterise a particular set of supporters. But it does seem like everyone's snapped, on this board and on the terraces. It sounds like things could get as nasty as the McFarland season, which was a horrible atmosphere to be in as a kid. Gartside and Coyle have brought this upon themselves though.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:30 am

50sQuiff wrote:
Athers wrote:
I think the problem here is people have been biting their tongue for too long. I thought the fans were unbelievably patient with Coyle last year. The away games I went to still had people singing his name, even when it was pretty evident to me he was sending us down.

I suspect the media and pro reaction to our fans is due to how popular Coyle is within the game. I don't buy into any attempt to characterise a particular set of supporters. But it does seem like everyone's snapped, on this board and on the terraces. It sounds like things could get as nasty as the McFarland season, which was a horrible atmosphere to be in as a kid. Gartside and Coyle have brought this upon themselves though.
Well yes and of course he handled the Moo thing very well which bought him time probably. Got to wonder if he'd have been gone in the summer without that situation occuring.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:38 am

50sQuiff wrote:
Athers wrote:

Well yes and of course he handled the Moo thing very well which bought him time probably. Got to wonder if he'd have been gone in the summer without that situation occuring.
That has to be a factor too. The dark irony being how much Coyle and Muamba disliked eachother, before Coyle had to spend weeks on end doling out platitudes about what a lovely lad he is, how his smile lit up the training ground and so on. As ever, no neutrals are aware of the backstory.