If Coyle gets the sack

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to take over if this dick gets the sack

Di Canio
19%
Mick McCarthy
16%
Billy Davies
7%
Hierro
9%
Campo
6%
Eddie Howe
1%
Curbishley
13%
Walter Smith
4%
Frank Spencer
9%
Other
17%

Total votes: 112

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: If Coyle gets the sack

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:19 am

I agree

Coyles a dick
Sto ut Serviam

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:22 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:I don't understand why people get personal with their insults. Coyle isn't doing a good job and he deserves criticism for that but I think calling him a dick, a tw*t, a prick, a wanker or whatever else you see in every single thread is unnecessary. He's trying but if he's not good enough, he's not good enough. What else do you expect him to do? It doesn't make him a bad person if he's not a good manager.

I don't like the anger that football fans show. I know we're not at that stage yet, but the criticism Steve Kean got last year was disgusting. The funny thing is, it actually worked against the moronic Blackburn fans because Kean became a sympathy figure and therefore kept his job when he probably would have been sacked if it wasn't for high profiles figures, like Ferguson, defending him.
he is a dick.

the 4-4-2 thing last week, the norwich game , the newcastle home game. whatever. etc. he's doing it on purpose.

he has to be.

megson out !!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 am

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:Just wanted to point out how well we had it

https://p.twimg.com/A1nTCmgCYAMqJtv.jpg:large" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Idan Tal doesn't quite fit in that photo :D!

Nor, bless him, does Henrik.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 am

Why is there no Pele option?

I can see the appeal of diCanio but seriously isnt his unhinged nature a bit worrying? He could be the next Brian Clough and he's certainly doing well with a low level squad but how would a bunch of well paid seasoned pros used toi getting a fat wedge for feck all react to him?

I think we should give coyle this season,have a relegation firesale in the summer and get DiCanio in to start from scratch in division 1. Otherwise Billy Davies( the Fergie of the lower leagues!) can come in next week get the team organised and have us back up in no time.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:04 am

Zat Knight player manager. Get that on the poll.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I agree

Coyles a dick
Who?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 am

50sQuiff wrote:Zat Knight player manager. Get that on the poll.
You jest I know but there's every chance KD will be in charge for a few games this season if coyle cracks or if the board push and their replacement falls through.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
You jest I know but there's every chance KD will be in charge for a few games this season if coyle cracks or if the board push and their replacement falls through.
Could well be. If Davis and the rest of the Burnley cronies go with Coyle that is.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:29 am

50sQuiff wrote:
Could well be. If Davis and the rest of the Burnley cronies go with Coyle that is.
Surely they'd go too. All Coyle-loyal and frankly I'm not convinced we can find the answer within.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am

I'm not suggesting the answer is within just pointing out there is every chance KD could be temporarily in charge and yes I imagine the whole clueless lot would be gone with coyle,they look pretty parasitic at present and you cant see anyone brought in by coyle remaining and having support.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I'm not suggesting the answer is within just pointing out there is every chance KD could be temporarily in charge and yes I imagine the whole clueless lot would be gone with coyle,they look pretty parasitic at present and you cant see anyone brought in by coyle remaining and having support.
KD should have gone this summer

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 am

Here's a first:

I agree with Hoboh. :mrgreen:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:43 am

Hoboh wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I'm not suggesting the answer is within just pointing out there is every chance KD could be temporarily in charge and yes I imagine the whole clueless lot would be gone with coyle,they look pretty parasitic at present and you cant see anyone brought in by coyle remaining and having support.
Before he's had chance to manage us? surely not.
He's been one of our better players so far and had he gone then coyle would have had to buy another striker and that is a very frightening idea given his judgement and previous signings.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:49 am

Hoboh wrote:
He's been one of our better players so far and had he gone then coyle would have had to buy another striker and that is a very frightening idea given his judgement and previous signings.
Look sorry but if an aged limited legless player is our best then it hardly bodes well for the rest of them. While KD is on the pitch we will never see the percentage of ball on the floor we need too and before you throw up Carol at wet spam BSA has finally got the missing piece in his jigsaw a young fit mobile hungry KD not the relic mk1 model we have.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 am

Hoboh wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Look sorry but if an aged limited legless player is our best then it hardly bodes well for the rest of them. While KD is on the pitch we will never see the percentage of ball on the floor we need too and before you throw up Carol at wet spam BSA has finally got the missing piece in his jigsaw a young fit mobile hungry KD not the relic mk1 model we have.
Carrol is a great signing for big sam. They can now mix and match styles like the best bolton sides under sam. It's got jack shit to do with KD staying.The point is had KD gone Owen may have spent more money on a striker and that is not a good thought. KD has done alright this season and can have a useful season. I dont buy this line about it encouraging the long ball all the time.Thats down to what the coach asks players to do and down to their own lack of confidence. At present they are so gutless they'd be knocking long balls if Simon Rudge was up top. It's an easy option when confidence is low.

None of that is KDs fault,a new manager would make effective use of him aswell. He's no longer premier league standard but can do a job at this level.

Barr Hill
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barr Hill » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Not "If Coyle gets the sack" - Should read "WHEN"

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 pm

He won't get the sack til November/December time, when it's already too late for us to get promoted.

A loooong period outside the top flight beckons, and sadly the ticket prices are still a rip-off, £30 for wooden seats at Dingleville and £27 for fecking Hull :shock:
Troll and proud of it.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Talking of Gartside's tweets - of more interest, possibly, is his retweeting of a message last night from a fan which said that, basically, Gartside doesn't have the balls to sack Coyle, and that Coyle's pulled the wool over his eyes.

https://twitter.com/mini0mk/status/241491025154166784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liam McMenamin‏@mini0mk

@DJc2x @pagartside doesn't have the balls to go it. Coyle has pulled the wool over his eyes. #BWFC #NatWouldntbeproud

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:15 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Talking of Gartside's tweets - of more interest, possibly, is his retweeting of a message last night from a fan which said that, basically, Gartside doesn't have the balls to sack Coyle, and that Coyle's pulled the wool over his eyes.

https://twitter.com/mini0mk/status/241491025154166784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liam McMenamin‏@mini0mk

@DJc2x @pagartside doesn't have the balls to go it. Coyle has pulled the wool over his eyes. #BWFC #NatWouldntbeproud
He retweeted that a while ago I believe, not last night.....

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:Talking of Gartside's tweets - of more interest, possibly, is his retweeting of a message last night from a fan which said that, basically, Gartside doesn't have the balls to sack Coyle, and that Coyle's pulled the wool over his eyes.

Liam McMenamin‏@mini0mk

He retweeted that a while ago I believe, not last night.....
Well, 31st of August. So Friday. Still worthy of a mention, I think, especially in conjunction with the latest tweet