owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:and i'm a cock Image

Nice Suit.
hardly an appropriate image to back up your non existent point, whatever Owen & even Gartys flaws in terms of football matters the way they conducted themselves as representaves of the club during the Muamba incident (therefore the time of that photo) was flawless. No arguments. Can't we just get you out of here instead?
You can do what you like mate. As can I. He looks like a tosser, He should wear a suit. That's the point. Now what was yours again?
He looks like a tosser cause he is not wearing a suit? Jesus christ. Hope your sitting behind your computer in a nice new Armani otherwise shut up. You can have your opinion on his managerial ability but to judge him on what he wears? FFS we are no better then Blackburn supporters if we go down that route.

To espescially question his attire during the Muamba situation is utterly stupid. I want Coyle out as much as the next guy but the way he and Gartside represented the club during that time was nothing short of fantastic..... But no. He wore a Bolton track suit. How dare he.

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh by the way, I didn't realise there was a dress code for hospital visits. It (thankfully) wasn't Muambas funeral for god sake.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 pm

He was representing the club in front of a world wide audience. One of the had to look presentable.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

pagey_BWFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pagey_BWFC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm

He was in front of a worldwide audience every week while in the premier league.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Gartside's tweet (I have to say that's a pretty unprofessional way to communicate anything as important as this) suggest that they will give him longer ... but clearly an exit is in their thoughts. As there is no way he'll turn this round he's a dead-man walking right now. You know, it's good we aren't a gun-happy club & respect to all for that but those saying "it's only 4 games ..." it's not, it's 18 months more or less, & covers 3 seasons and it's getting worse, not better.

I've been seeing some pretty wild suggestions as to who may replace him, the one certain thing is that there will be interest. If he goes before we set up a replacement then don't forget LSL is there. He will caretake if there's a need.

On his plus side, there was no need for Davies, Petrov & Knight to re-sign this close-season. They all did & while some of that will have been down to cash & availability other good options they would all have got work elsewhere. So they signed knowing he was boss and knowing him far better than we do.

A whole host of new players have actually signed for Coyle, so there must be some belief in him.

On that same basis though, that means that it's 100% his outfit now. So no excuses.

We do, genuinely seem to be unfit, compared with our opponents and ill-organised. These 2 things are unforgivable. These are simple training ground matters. The fight, attitude and team spirit shown in abundance... excess maybe ... in the BSA days is well & truly left the building. Again, this is down to selection and coaching ... purely a matter to be laid at OC's door. At it's simplest the basics are to build a team from the back. Have a strong spine and ensure you have a system ... & a Plan B.

Horribly, it's clear that the players seem as bemused at what he's up to as the fans do. How many goals have BWFC conceded in the first 5 minutes or so of 2nd half's in the past 18m ? There has been bad luck & injury ... without any doubt, & in bucketloads. But winners make a virtue of adversity. Losers sit & cry. He seems satisfied to look like a victim and look bemused.

So, having calmed down & trying to look at this less emotionally I am convinced he has lost it. Lost it all .... the players, the plans and his own nerve. The fans and, I suspect, the owner. Once that's where you are you should walk. If not ... then be pushed.

He should go, for the sake of the club, the fans, the players and .... importantly ... for himself. His self respect, his future and I suspect his own health. Go, before more damage is done. Go before another debacle and the fans force it.

Just go.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:15 pm

For all we know, they could just be lining up a new manager right now. Kicking Coyle out and leaving the team with no manager wouldn't be great. Or would it?

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:45 pm

I remember when he was appointed, either on here or another BWFC site I was browsing ( :oops: ); someone called Nutasha stated Coyle would be the ruination of our club, he would get us relegated or worse. S(he?) told everyone to take off the rose tinted specs and get real. She pointed out his strengths and weaknesses. The latter far outweighed the former. She was lambasted, utterly demonised. But so were the disciples. When the next Jeovah's Witness or pair of young Mormon's carrying rucksacks knock on your door; maybe think twice..................

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Gartside's tweet (I have to say that's a pretty unprofessional way to communicate anything as important as this) suggest that they will give him longer ... but clearly an exit is in their thoughts. As there is no way he'll turn this round he's a dead-man walking right now. You know, it's good we aren't a gun-happy club & respect to all for that but those saying "it's only 4 games ..." it's not, it's 18 months more or less, & covers 3 seasons and it's getting worse, not better.

I've been seeing some pretty wild suggestions as to who may replace him, the one certain thing is that there will be interest. If he goes before we set up a replacement then don't forget LSL is there. He will caretake if there's a need.

On his plus side, there was no need for Davies, Petrov & Knight to re-sign this close-season. They all did & while some of that will have been down to cash & availability other good options they would all have got work elsewhere. So they signed knowing he was boss and knowing him far better than we do.

A whole host of new players have actually signed for Coyle, so there must be some belief in him.

On that same basis though, that means that it's 100% his outfit now. So no excuses.

We do, genuinely seem to be unfit, compared with our opponents and ill-organised. These 2 things are unforgivable. These are simple training ground matters. The fight, attitude and team spirit shown in abundance... excess maybe ... in the BSA days is well & truly left the building. Again, this is down to selection and coaching ... purely a matter to be laid at OC's door. At it's simplest the basics are to build a team from the back. Have a strong spine and ensure you have a system ... & a Plan B.

Horribly, it's clear that the players seem as bemused at what he's up to as the fans do. How many goals have BWFC conceded in the first 5 minutes or so of 2nd half's in the past 18m ? There has been bad luck & injury ... without any doubt, & in bucketloads. But winners make a virtue of adversity. Losers sit & cry. He seems satisfied to look like a victim and look bemused.

So, having calmed down & trying to look at this less emotionally I am convinced he has lost it. Lost it all .... the players, the plans and his own nerve. The fans and, I suspect, the owner. Once that's where you are you should walk. If not ... then be pushed.

He should go, for the sake of the club, the fans, the players and .... importantly ... for himself. His self respect, his future and I suspect his own health. Go, before more damage is done. Go before another debacle and the fans force it.

Just go.
A very fair assessment and bang on the money for me :pray:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Re that picture

didnt coyle go straight to the hospital and pretty much camp out there? which might explain his outfit

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:42 pm

I don't know what percentage of the fans he's lost, but it seems to be pretty close to 100% on here. The most surprising thing to me is the change of tone in the B(e)N, not exactly calling for his head but reporting on noises coming out of the stands (which is probably as close as they get to calling for anyone's head). Even at the lowest points of last season they were remarkably behind the manager.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Didn't Gartside tweet at 4 in the morning? That's mulling time.... Or a late night whilst speaking (cloak and dagger) to agents

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 pm

And just for the whole 'Bolton fans are shit getting on their managers back etc etc' stuff, some Spirs fans are already calling for AVB to be sacked after 3 games. I can only imagine what it will be like after he relegates them and starts the next season with 3 defeats in 5!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Same with Liverpool fans

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:Didn't Gartside tweet at 4 in the morning? That's mulling time.... Or a late night whilst speaking (cloak and dagger) to agents
Not sure that's Phil Gartside tweeting at all. He's surely more professional than to call his manager "Coyle". He'd at least have used his full name?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm

It's remarkable how people take a valid point that a manager is under performing and then seek to attack him in any way possible. Totally classless.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Didn't Gartside tweet at 4 in the morning? That's mulling time.... Or a late night whilst speaking (cloak and dagger) to agents
Not sure that's Phil Gartside tweeting at all. He's surely more professional than to call his manager "Coyle". He'd at least have used his full name?

He was "re-tweeting" someone else's "tweet". (Feck, I hate Twitter.)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:42 pm

frankly - and maybe I am behind the way the modern world works - but it is just unprofessional for him to tweet or retweet this kind of stuff... he is (in some sense) an employer publically tweeting about an employee - just doesn't seem professional to me

just like it isn't professional for players to write whiny tweets about not getting picked etc...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Gartside's tweet (I have to say that's a pretty unprofessional way to communicate anything as important as this) suggest that they will give him longer ... but clearly an exit is in their thoughts. As there is no way he'll turn this round he's a dead-man walking right now. You know, it's good we aren't a gun-happy club & respect to all for that but those saying "it's only 4 games ..." it's not, it's 18 months more or less, & covers 3 seasons and it's getting worse, not better.

Just go.
A very fair assessment and bang on the money for me :pray:
I'm a rose tinter but I have to hold my hands and say I agree. Good analysis is that
Pfffft.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:50 pm

thebish wrote:frankly - and maybe I am behind the way the modern world works - but it is just unprofessional for him to tweet or retweet this kind of stuff... he is (in some sense) an employer publically tweeting about an employee - just doesn't seem professional to me

just like it isn't professional for players to write whiny tweets about not getting picked etc...

Oh, I agree. But judging by the state of his grammar, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:It's remarkable how people take a valid point that a manager is under performing and then seek to attack him in any way possible. Totally classless.
Owen is a nice fella, got a lot of time for him personally, just his managerial credentials are under huge scrutiny for me. If I met Owen I'd be nice to him but ask what's happened, I don't get why there is all this name calling though
Pfffft.