'Ull V Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: 'Ull V Bolton

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:21 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Right

Michu 2m - Marcos alonso 2.5mill

Enough said
What wages is Michu on?
Hang on i'll get my mystic ball shall i

I don't fvcking know

I would't of thought it would be much more than marcos alonso and probaby no where near Mark davies who we could of sold to them for 6mill as there were rumours they could't afford sparkys wages

Overall Coyles buys have been shocking
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Enough said
What wages is Michu on?

I don't fvcking know

I would't of thought it would be much more than marcos alonso and probaby no where near Mark davies who we could of sold to them for 6mill as there were rumours they could't afford sparkys wages

Exactly. You don't know but it hasn't stopped you comparing the two signings as if they cost the same amount.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:59 pm

BL3 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Enough said
What wages is Michu on?

I don't fvcking know

Exactly. You don't know but it hasn't stopped you comparing the two signings as if they cost the same amount.

Yeah but i doubt there ain't much difference do you ?

And as i said Swansea could't afford to pay sparky's wages so i doubt Michu's on as much as him

And Michu came from Rayo Vallecano for 2mill so again i really doubt he's on shed loads (in football terms)

And there's loads of other examples

Clint Dempsey cost fulham 2 mill and look how he turned out and he came from the MLS so again i doubt he was on as much as the rest of the fulham first team

Overall Coyles signings have been shocking just like his tactics and man management
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm sure Michu isn't on massive wages at Swansea, I doubt anyone is. Saying that, I don't really see the point in comparing the two.

Suggesting that our current can't be classed as Coyle's because he didn't sign half of them really is scraping the barrel as far as excuses go though.

Bogdan - We had two of the better keepers in the Premier League when Coyle arrived, we've since sold Al Habsi and dropped Jussi.
Mears - Coyle bought him.
Ream - Coyle bought him.
Knight - Coyle bought Wheater, and then didn't bother playing him for about a year because he preferred Zat. Given a new contract in the summer. New signing Mills is on the bench.
Ricketts - We had two right-backs out of contract in the summer, Ricketts got a new deal. Has played in the majority of Coyle's games as manager that he's been available for. Continues at left-back despite a £2.5mil Coyle-signed left-back being sat on the bench.
Spearing - Coyle bought him.
Andrews - Coyle bought him.
Mark Davies - Turned down a £6mil bid for him, continues to shoe-horn him into the side regardless of whether it suits him or the team. Given a new contract last year.
CYL - Cited by Coyle as 50% of the reason why we were relegated last year. Preferred to the two Coyle-signed wingers on the bench.
Eagles - Coyle bought him.
Kevin Davies - Elmander and Klasnic have been allowed to leave and he's spent over £7mil on strikers, still Kevin Davies remains. Given a new deal in the summer. Two Coyle-signed strikers on the bench yesterday.

No manager has their ideal team (I'm sure there aren't nearly enough Barca B wingers in our side for Coyle's liking) but he's had over two years and a reasonable amount of money (14th or so in the Premier League on wages for 10/11, almost certainly in the top three in the Championship now) to assemble a side and he has done. All of the players we've got were either signed by him, or he has chosen not to replace despite the numerous players that have passed through the club.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm

My point is Coyle is shit in the transfer Window there is value for money out there if ya look hard enough others seem to

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:00 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:My point is Coyle is shit in the transfer Window there is value for money out there if ya look hard enough others seem to
Agreed. Surely the point of any transfer is to bring in better than what you've got? I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that Coyle has done that.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I'm sure Michu isn't on massive wages at Swansea, I doubt anyone is. Saying that, I don't really see the point in comparing the two.

Suggesting that our current can't be classed as Coyle's because he didn't sign half of them really is scraping the barrel as far as excuses go though.

Bogdan - We had two of the better keepers in the Premier League when Coyle arrived, we've since sold Al Habsi and dropped Jussi.
Mears - Coyle bought him.
Ream - Coyle bought him.
Knight - Coyle bought Wheater, and then didn't bother playing him for about a year because he preferred Zat. Given a new contract in the summer. New signing Mills is on the bench.
Ricketts - We had two right-backs out of contract in the summer, Ricketts got a new deal. Has played in the majority of Coyle's games as manager that he's been available for. Continues at left-back despite a £2.5mil Coyle-signed left-back being sat on the bench.
Spearing - Coyle bought him.
Andrews - Coyle bought him.
Mark Davies - Turned down a £6mil bid for him, continues to shoe-horn him into the side regardless of whether it suits him or the team. Given a new contract last year.
CYL - Cited by Coyle as 50% of the reason why we were relegated last year. Preferred to the two Coyle-signed wingers on the bench.
Eagles - Coyle bought him.
Kevin Davies - Elmander and Klasnic have been allowed to leave and he's spent over £7mil on strikers, still Kevin Davies remains. Given a new deal in the summer. Two Coyle-signed strikers on the bench yesterday.

No manager has their ideal team (I'm sure there aren't nearly enough Barca B wingers in our side for Coyle's liking) but he's had over two years and a reasonable amount of money (14th or so in the Premier League on wages for 10/11, almost certainly in the top three in the Championship now) to assemble a side and he has done. All of the players we've got were either signed by him, or he has chosen not to replace despite the numerous players that have passed through the club.

This is bob on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:45 pm

BL3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:He'll come out and say we were undone by individual mistakes, and we were, but that doesn't mean it isn't your fault Owen! You bought them, and you keep picking them.
He only signed half of the team that started yesterday. We're missing Wheater who he did buy and who would be an automatic starter if he wasn't injured. Mears has hardly played at all in the last 12 months. Same with Mills and Lee. Add to that the likes of Holden and N'gog who haven't played this season and it's less surprising that we're struggling.
He didn't sign Bogdan. But he got rid of two other keepers to put faith in him. So no excuses.

He signed Mears.

He didn't sign Knight but he could have let him go and kept him on.

He signed Ream.

He didn't sign Ricketts, but his £2.5M left back was sitting on the bench, deemed less good.

He signed Eagles.

He didn't sign Lee but his pair of wingers Wylde and Petrov were on the bench, deemed less good.

He didn't sign Mark Davies, but has turned down big money bids and said he is a crucial part of the team. Is happy with him.

He signed Andrews and Spearing.

He didn't sign Davies, but Sordell and Afobe, both his, were on the bench, deemed less good.

As he said, it's a team he is happy with. His fault.

EDIT: Tom's already said it, pretty much word for word.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 am

not sure I understand all this Bogdan stuff - and that Coyle is rubbish for pitting his faith in Bogdan... the problem at the club isn't Bogdan - and this forum was (in the main as I remember it) fairly forthright in its view that totally rubbish flappy useless Jussi should be sidelined and the young brilliant Bogdan-saviour introduced much earlier!!

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:34 am

It was the defence in front of Jussi during Allardyce's glory days that was the key to Jussi looking one of the best keepers.Allardyce recognised Jussi's weaknesses and got the defence to do some of the tasks that better goalkeepers at bigger clubs are expected to do, like domininating the 6 yard box.Jussi wasn't physically big enough to do that
Swap Bogdan with Jussi and both Bolton and West Ham would be doing exactly the same this season.
But bring Allardyce back, and Bogdan would be looking a better keeper than he is now within a few weeks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 am

thebish wrote:not sure I understand all this Bogdan stuff - and that Coyle is rubbish for pitting his faith in Bogdan... the problem at the club isn't Bogdan - and this forum was (in the main as I remember it) fairly forthright in its view that totally rubbish flappy useless Jussi should be sidelined and the young brilliant Bogdan-saviour introduced much earlier!!
Not all of us to be fair.

However, I don't think Coyle can be blamed for selling Al Habsi, nor releasing Jussi. The problem is that a lot of Bogdans promise has been sapped by the loss of confidence he has suffered by being thrust into an unsuccesful relegation fight.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:not sure I understand all this Bogdan stuff - and that Coyle is rubbish for pitting his faith in Bogdan... the problem at the club isn't Bogdan - and this forum was (in the main as I remember it) fairly forthright in its view that totally rubbish flappy useless Jussi should be sidelined and the young brilliant Bogdan-saviour introduced much earlier!!

look carefully and you will see that in the bit you decided not to highlight I wrote "in the main".

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Yep, I said Bogdan is a dodgy keeper and I stand by that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 am

Whookam wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bogdan is plenty good enough and will get better - and is not the problem...

(he has weak points - as do most goalkeepers - indeed, all goalkeepers within our range - but in my book - they do not add up to an unequivocal "dodgy".)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 am

Bogdan does need to toughen up though, because in this division especially, he will be found out time and time again on set pieces and crosses if he's not prepared to come and take the ball decisively and with no prisoners. At times he looks like he's more worried about the opposition touching him than he is about going through them and getting the ball.

Bit like several in our team, plenty of ability but a bit soft when it really matters......

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 am

thebish wrote:
Whookam wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

(he has weak points - as do most goalkeepers - indeed, all goalkeepers within our range - but in my book - they do not add up to an unequivocal "dodgy".)
His blunder to game rate is pretty high considering and that's not the kind of thing that tends to vary much in a keeper's career.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Whookam wrote:
His blunder to game rate is pretty high considering and that's not the kind of thing that tends to vary much in a keeper's career.

ooh - where do I find the comparative blunders-per-game stats?? 8)

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm

thebish wrote:
Whookam wrote:

ooh - where do I find the comparative blunders-per-game stats?? 8)
http://www.blunderspergamestats.co.uk

Obviously.

:)

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Whookam wrote:
thebish wrote:
Whookam wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He's a young keeper with great potential playing in a team that cant defend and lacks confidence. Cut him some slack. Jussi was losing it and it was probably time to replace him or as mentioned earlier get defenders to do the things he couldnt do. Al Habsi in hindsight should have been kept but in the circumstances letting him go appeared to make sense.

A team that defends like wanderers would make most keepers look dodgy so focussing on Bogdan seems to be missing the point and statements like Jussi/al habsi would have saved that are absolutely pointless. They aint here.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Prufrock wrote:You bought them, and you keep picking them.
Prufrock wrote:He didn't sign Bogdan.
He didn't sign Knight.
He didn't sign Ricketts
He didn't sign Lee.
He didn't sign Mark Davies
He didn't sign Davies.