Salt in the wounds.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Salt in the wounds.

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:54 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:maybe. cant remember. but Bogdan is pretty shite
No , no he's not.

He is, however, playing in a side devoid of confidence, motivation and management.

Let's not lay this at the door of our newish goalie.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm

ChrisC wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Jussi threw the ball in his own net last week.

Kept a clean sheet this week

Against a team that barely made an effort on goal. I think i remember one shot right at him.

Not in favour of one or the other, just pointing out that he didn't really have much to do.
Neither am i just stating a fact that's all :wink:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

Kept a clean sheet this week

Against a team that barely made an effort on goal. I think i remember one shot right at him.

Not in favour of one or the other, just pointing out that he didn't really have much to do.
Neither am i just stating a fact that's all :wink:
8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:
LeDonk wrote:Today West Ham destroyed Fulham with a starting 11 that included Jussi, O'Brien, Taylor, Nolan and Vaz Te.

Vaz Te!?

It goes to show, it's not always about the players, but the tactics you apply.
Yes he maximises player potential and tactics. I read an article where he analysed every corner in the premier league and noted where the clearing heading landed. Wherever the ball was most likely to land he's place a man to pick up second balls. Can you imagine Coyle ever doing something like that?
Yes, he tells Bogdan to pick it out of the net and throw it to the centre circle.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Let's not talk bollocks now. I read the BBC live text of that before I saw it. They made it sound like he'd chucked it in his own net, or done a massive f*ck up like that pathetic Gerrard dribbler he nodded in once. It was poor goalkeeping, he let a poor shot that was probably going wide under him and in. Was poor, but he didn't throw it in!

We wouldn't have conceded Hull's second with Jussi in net. He'd have been stood on his line not coming for it, and Faye's header would have been easily save-able. Plenty slagged off Jussi for not coming for crosses during his time here, and that goal is why. Neither approach is 'right'; we've conceded goals from cheap headers a more adventurous keeper would have cut out, but Jussi saved headers that would have been soft goals if he had come charging out. Given the similarities between the two, even in kicking technique, that is the only real difference between Boggers and young Jussi. I'm not writing off Boggers, but he was shite on Saturday, and if he is going to be the keeper who comes getting things he is going to have to be less of a fanny whinging for fouls. Crucially he is also going to have to be consistent, because defenders need to know one way or the other, hence his bollocking from Ricketts.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 am

Jussi commits an enormous howler (commonly referred to "throwing it in your own net" in football terms) - Fact.

Jussi would have saved Hull's second goal based on his inability to come out for crosses and therefore might have been in the right place on the line. - Pure speculation.

Which is bollocks?

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:51 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
No , no he's not.

He is, however, playing in a side devoid of confidence, motivation and management.

I dont think he is laying all the blame at Bogdans door, but one would have to be blind or deluded to believe that Bogdan is a good keeper.

Habsi >>>> Jussi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bogdan

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:52 am

benn wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
No , no he's not.

I dont think he is laying all the blame at Bogdans door, but one would have to be blind or deluded to believe that Bogdan is a good keeper.

Habsi >>>> Jussi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bogdan
ahhh - the eternal myth of Habsi - the one that got away!! 8)

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:59 am

thebish wrote: ahhh - the eternal myth of Habsi - the one that got away!! 8)
If he's a myth then I must have been dreaming when I saw him saving Wiggin again on MOTD, 10 point a season man and I think he's totted up 2 thus far this season for the piemen. :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 am

To be fair in hindisight selling Al Habsi was the wrong decision. I think it was done for the right reasons but it hasn't worked out.

He's gone to be a top consistent premiership performer and we haven't got one of that quality (yet, because Bogdan could easily be).

benn
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by benn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:To be fair in hindisight selling Al Habsi was the wrong decision. I think it was done for the right reasons but it hasn't worked out.

He's gone to be a top consistent premiership performer and we haven't got one of that quality (yet, because Bogdan could easily be).
yep, totally agree with you here. its not our biggest problem at the moment but its synonymous of a lot of transfer ins and outs during owens tenure in that the replacements have proven to be of a much lower quality.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:To be fair in hindisight selling Al Habsi was the wrong decision. I think it was done for the right reasons but it hasn't worked out.

in what way hasn't it "worked out"?? How do you measure that? Unless you are suggesting that our relegation was down to Bogdan or our possible failure to get promoted will be down to Bogdan/Lonergan?? Or our losses and draw this season so far were down to Bogdan???

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 pm

thebish wrote:

in what way hasn't it "worked out"?? How do you measure that? Unless you are suggesting that our relegation was down to Bogdan or our possible failure to get promoted will be down to Bogdan/Lonergan?? Or our losses and draw this season so far were down to Bogdan???
In that our two other keepers are now premiership regulars.

Habsi in particular, IMO, and I suspect few would argue, except perhaps you Bish because its your particular hobby, that Al Habsi is better than what we have right now!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

In that our two other keepers are now premiership regulars.

Habsi in particular, IMO, and I suspect few would argue, except perhaps you Bish because its your particular hobby, that Al Habsi is better than what we have right now!
Course he is but when he needed first team football we had a highly paid Jussi sitting in his position even though he had surpassed Jussi's ability. I think it was an understandable financial decision in the circumstances and unfortunately finance will always play a part at Bolton.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Jussi commits an enormous howler (commonly referred to "throwing it in your own net" in football terms) - Fact.

Jussi would have saved Hull's second goal based on his inability to come out for crosses and therefore might have been in the right place on the line. - Pure speculation.

Which is bollocks?
Enormous howler? Bollocks. Commonly referred to as 'throwing in your own net'? Bollocks.

How's that :D?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:13 pm

:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 pm

I think West Ham have specific clauses in their goal keeping contracts about stuff like that. Adds to the drama.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm

where was BSA taking us financially?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Jez wrote:where was BSA taking us financially?
Go look at the Accounts. Well managed under Allardyce. Low transfer expenditure until Anelka, wages nothing like what people make up as a proportion of Revenue. Then look at the Megson years.

Coyle as a Prem boss was probably on the same sort of percentages as Allardyce...

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Sure I read an Allardyce quote saying he had the opportunity to bring in Vidic & Evra for 6 Million but the board refused as they knew nothing about the pair and didn't want to take the risk.

Think we ended up with Steve Howey instead.
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.