'Ull V Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 'Ull V Bolton

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 pm

BL3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:You bought them, and you keep picking them.
Prufrock wrote:He didn't sign Bogdan.
He didn't sign Knight.
He didn't sign Ricketts
He didn't sign Lee.
He didn't sign Mark Davies
He didn't sign Davies.
He's given all of them new contracts though!

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:28 pm

BL3 wrote:
He didn't sign Knight.
He didn't sign Ricketts
He didn't sign Lee.
He didn't sign Davies.
Erm you realise you are highlighting that he didnt sign our better players.Are you trying to have an argument with yourself?

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Whookam wrote:
His blunder to game rate is pretty high considering and that's not the kind of thing that tends to vary much in a keeper's career.

ooh - where do I find the comparative blunders-per-game stats?? 8)
Oh I'm sorry for not toeing the party line again.

Bogdan is the best keeper in the world innit.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm

BL3 wrote:
He didn't sign Knight.
He didn't sign Ricketts
He didn't sign Lee.
He didn't sign Davies.
Knight he gave a new contract to and didn't release
Ricketts fair enough
Lee fair enough
Mavies he gave a new contract to and turned down a fair amount of cash for
SKD he gave a new contract to

I don't get what point you're trying to make. This squad is unequivocally Coyle's. He has had the time and resources to get rid/keep/buy/loan as he felt was needed. He hasn't had the biggest budget, but a bigger one than many.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Erm you realise you are highlighting that he didnt sign our better players.Are you trying to have an argument with yourself?
No i'm highlighting the fact that he's being blamed for buying those 'better' players who turned in the performance at Hull. Try to keep up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

BL3 wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Erm you realise you are highlighting that he didnt sign our better players.Are you trying to have an argument with yourself?
No i'm highlighting the fact that he's being blamed for buying those 'better' players who turned in the performance at Hull. Try to keep up.
I think you're just digging a deeper, darker and bigger hole Owen........

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm

BWFC_Inane would be more appropriate.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:45 pm

BL3 wrote:
Sorry I'm a bit slow.You're right coyle shouldnt be blamed for signing the better players in our squad who didnt play well at Hull but are still probably our better players.

Got it. Think I'm up to speed now. Carry on. :pissed:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm

BL3 wrote:BWFC_Inane would be more appropriate.
Do we have to go down this road?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:You're right coyle shouldnt be blamed for signing the better players in our squad who didnt play well at Hull but are still probably our better players.
Our 'better' players played in a system which, according to all the online experts, they would be more comfortable with. They then turned in the worst performance of the season. When does it become their fault?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 pm

BL3 wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:You're right coyle shouldnt be blamed for signing the better players in our squad who didnt play well at Hull but are still probably our better players.
Our 'better' players played in a system which, according to all the online experts, they would be more comfortable with. They then turned in the worst performance of the season. When does it become their fault?
Somewhere between black and white there is a colour called grey.

I believe 451 is a better system for the players he has( not with mavis in the hole tho and not the way he set it up at Hull). But no system works when players are out of confidence.Yes you can blame players they are pros and have a responsibility but they are a group and dynamics are massive in such things.

Like others I think as a group they should be competing better and playing better because they are better than what they are showing at present. The body language is awful.There is no belief.

If they no longer have belief and are underperforming you cannot just sack the team can you? Ultimately the morale and attitude of the team IS the managers responsibility.That is why people are looking at coyle.

I dont believe the players want to play for him and I dont believe they listen to him anymore.Even players coming in and initially looking bright seem within weeks to take on the same hopeless ready to fail attitude of the rest.

They need organising and they need a fresh voice,they need leadership and decision making that at least has some degree of logic behind it.

I cant see how coyle can provide what that group of players now need to get them out of the rut they are in.He's just a shouty grey part of the wallpaper that doesnt have any impact on them and doesnt seem to offer them any means of sorting things out.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:09 pm

BL3 wrote:
You're expressing your utter ignorance here. Repeatedly. Coyle could play a 10-0-0 formation, and we'd still be conceding two per game, because he is USELESS at COACHING players to DEFEND.

Yes, the players are underperforming. No, they're not immune to criticism. However, as Coyle has signed ALL of them, either by buying or signing new contracts, and then CHOOSES to PLAY them, that makes it HIS fault. As the players are underperforming, it is the managers job to TURN THAT AROUND or to DROP THEM. Coyle is incapable of the first. So he drops them. And the people who come in suffer from the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS. Which means the manager HAS to turn it around. But he can't. So it's HIS fault.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Goals are watchable on the iPlayer (UK only, I think) at about 31'40" in.

First one's a deflection, second one's a corner, third one's an embarrassment. None of them are due to formation, unlike the goals scored by Crawley and countless painful others.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Like others I think as a group they should be competing better and playing better because they are better than what they are showing at present.
He's given them all a chance. He's tried two different systems. They are more than good enough to win this league. At some point they need to step up and take some responsibility. Defending in the way we did on Saturday is down to players not doing their jobs properly, it's not down to tactics. As for them no longer wanting to play for the manager. That's the sort of conspiracy theory that only has any credibility on message boards like these.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:26 pm

BL3 wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Like others I think as a group they should be competing better and playing better because they are better than what they are showing at present.
He's given them all a chance. He's tried two different systems. They are more than good enough to win this league. At some point they need to step up and take some responsibility. Defending in the way we did on Saturday is down to players not doing their jobs properly, it's not down to tactics. As for them no longer wanting to play for the manager. That's the sort of conspiracy theory that only has any credibility on message boards like these.
But answer the question I asked yesterday. At what point, do the club need to change things if they carry on as they are? If 20 or so players continue to underperform at what point would YOU say, time for a change in manager?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm

BL3 wrote:
America did not land men on the Moon.
The CIA shot Kennedy.
It's NOT Coyle's fault.
Mossad flew the planes into the twin towers.
Area 51 is stuffed full of alien corpses.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Goals are watchable on the iPlayer (UK only, I think) at about 31'40" in.

First one's a deflection, second one's a corner, third one's an embarrassment. None of them are due to formation, unlike the goals scored by Crawley and countless painful others.
I've avoided watching them until now but i'm heading off to do so now thanks for the link.

(i'm scared...)

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 pm

BL3 wrote:

Really? Ok tell me then what happens next.

I assume Owen has already asked the players to try harder and do their jobs properly. Infact I think he's been asking that for 18 months and somehow for some reason which has nothing to do with coyle and his tactics/signings/ manmanagement it hasnt quite worked.

I guess he's just been unlucky but hey luck can change right?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:45 pm

BL3 wrote:
Yes, defending is down to the players doing their jobs. Defending poorly in a game is down to the players NOT doing their jobs. Defending poorly for EIGHTEEN BASTARD MONTHS is down to the fcukwit in charge not doing his job properly, and not arranging the team tactically enough to provide protection to the defence.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:24 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Yes, defending is down to the players doing their jobs. Defending poorly in a game is down to the players NOT doing their jobs. Defending poorly for EIGHTEEN BASTARD MONTHS is down to the fcukwit in charge not doing his job properly, and not arranging the team tactically enough to provide protection to the defence.
:pray:

Apparently, iirc, the only place there's any expression of malcontent with the manager is on message boards like these too. As evidenced quite clearly at the message board called the KC Stadium.