owen out 2012/2013

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: owen out 2012/2013

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:45 pm

BWFC89 wrote:
Verbal wrote:Coyle isn't on twitter is he?
I assumed it was him, doesn't seem to be a parody account, @OwenC0yle, could be wrong.

Check it out if you have twitter and see what you think.
That last is a direct quote (as per BN & MEN), but not many of the others are. It's a weird account which is neither parody nor official (unverified and there's no way he'd choose that crap pic).

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:46 pm

BWFC89 wrote:
Verbal wrote:Coyle isn't on twitter is he?
I assumed it was him, doesn't seem to be a parody account, @OwenC0yle, could be wrong.

Check it out if you have twitter and see what you think.
Coyle doesn't have an official twitter account. What's more, that tweet is a direct quote from an interview in the BN that's been used in various publications today.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Verbal wrote:Really doubt it's him.
Have you looked at it or just jumping to conclusions?

Sorry...just read posts above..... :whack:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
n035209 wrote:I seen to remember that Coyle and AVB both gained there qualifications together, wonder who the teacher was as they both appear to adhere to the same principles. Of not having a clue.

Id say it must of been Graham taylor
I doubt it, Graham Taylor dislikes Coyle intensely!
Really ? Why ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
n035209 wrote:I seen to remember that Coyle and AVB both gained there qualifications together, wonder who the teacher was as they both appear to adhere to the same principles. Of not having a clue.

Id say it must of been Graham taylor
I doubt it, Graham Taylor dislikes Coyle intensely!
Really ? Why ?
No idea, heard him interviewed on the radio about relegation battle and went on about how Coyle made too many excuses and how all clubs relegated had reasons etc....

Perhaps "dislikes intensely" was a bit OTT, but he certainly was scathing of Coyle and his abilities compared to the others!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:15 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
pagey_BWFC wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:and i'm a cock Image

Nice Suit.
hardly an appropriate image to back up your non existent point, whatever Owen & even Gartys flaws in terms of football matters the way they conducted themselves as representaves of the club during the Muamba incident (therefore the time of that photo) was flawless. No arguments. Can't we just get you out of here instead?
You can do what you like mate. As can I. He looks like a tosser, He should wear a suit. That's the point. Now what was yours again?
He looks like a tosser cause he is not wearing a suit? ........
To espescially question his attire during the Muamba situation is utterly stupid. I want Coyle out as much as the next guy but the way he and Gartside represented the club during that time was nothing short of fantastic..... But no. He wore a Bolton track suit. How dare he.
.........suit and it's cringeworthy to see him on the sidelines in his damn shorts and socks pulled up to his knees.
To be fair to him, & I'm not that taken on being at the moment; -

a). Though the shorts look isn't to my taste, it hardly defines his successes or failures.
b). It was the immediate aftermath of an event which had he seen his priority as buying a new suit we WOULD have questioned him
c). He did, later in that week, start turning up in a suit. It clearly wasn't his, as it drowned him, but he did.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:and i'm a cock

Nice Suit.

a). Though the shorts look isn't to my taste, it hardly defines his successes or failures.
b). It was the immediate aftermath of an event which had he seen his priority as buying a new suit we WOULD have questioned him
c). He did, later in that week, start turning up in a suit. It clearly wasn't his, as it drowned him, but he did.
d). He's not as inappropriately dressed as the man in the background.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 pm

One of the things that gets me about Coyle is that he's constantly talking about bringing through and buying young players that have a resale value.

Yet in relative terms, which players/signings has he actually improved to the extent we'd get large fees for? You could argue that Cahill & Lee already had their reputations prior to his arrival, plus existing players (Ricketts/Knight/K. Davies) and his signings (Ngog/Eagles/Wheater/Ream/Sordell/Mears) would either be of similar value or less.

In reality the only one is Mark Davies, who I don't really think is any different to the player we saw against Tottenham on his debut under Megson.
Holden would be the other obvious choice but we won't get much for him unless we get him fit again.
I suppose you could claim Eagles at an absolute push...

Just strikes me that Coyle's whole overall 'plan' seems to be failing, rather than just the on-field results.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Nice Suit.

That's Mattrass man. He's a kind of local superhero. Spends his days wandering the grounds of the local mental institute waiting to hurl himself beneath the jumpers. Must have been attracted by all the flashing lights.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Its either acceptable or its never acceptable.

You can't say "calling Megson something was ok, but not Coyle...."

Simples.

I don't believe I did...

anyway - you have ducked the question... (again)

is it acceptable?

I was kind of hoping we'd found another thing to agree on?

y'see I don't think it is acceptable to shout "f*ck off you f*cking cancerous c*nt" at Coyle.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Its either acceptable or its never acceptable.

You can't say "calling Megson something was ok, but not Coyle...."

Simples.

I don't believe I did...

anyway - you have ducked the question... (again)

is it acceptable?

I was kind of hoping we'd found another thing to agree on?

y'see I don't think it is acceptable to shout "f*ck off you f*cking cancerous c*nt" at Coyle.
Nobody is saying that you did, the poster a few above suggested it was ok.

And as for your example, I don't think anyone would shout that at him. But plenty were calling him a Cnut and a wanker on Saturday, is it right? On the street no. But in the confines of a football ground? I'm not sure where the line is drawn, are you?

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Nice Suit.

That's Mattrass man. He's a kind of local superhero. Spends his days wandering the grounds of the local mental institute waiting to hurl himself beneath the jumpers. Must have been attracted by all the flashing lights.
I wish it was "Bullshit Man".
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Nobody is saying that you did, the poster a few above suggested it was ok.

And as for your example, I don't think anyone would shout that at him. But plenty were calling him a Cnut and a wanker on Saturday, is it right? On the street no. But in the confines of a football ground? I'm not sure where the line is drawn, are you?

I'd personally draw the line at saying it isn't acceptable anywhere. you?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:48 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Nobody is saying that you did, the poster a few above suggested it was ok.

How about on a message board?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

not - not for me.

if you don't want to answer - that's fine! you seemed to be justifying it earlier - maybe I misread you?? for some reason you have become very slippery!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

not - not for me.

if you don't want to answer - that's fine! you seemed to be justifying it earlier - maybe I misread you?? for some reason you have become very slippery!
So I assume then that the person who wrote this, should be ashamed then?
alan green - just shove it up your hairy fat arse you wanker...
As I say not as easy as it sounds to draw the line!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

that's alan green - no court in the land would convict me for that! :wink:

but seriously...

aye - yep - I'm as weak as the next person - but I still wouldn't seriously defend it as acceptable - when pulled up (as now), I'd say - yeah, fair cop - it was wrong of me.

seems you wouldn't. (which is fair enough - we're obviously different kinds of people.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

that's alan green - no court in the land would convict me for that! :wink:

but seriously...

aye - yep - I'm as weak as the next person - but I still wouldn't seriously defend it as acceptable - when pulled up (as now), I'd say - yeah, fair cop - it was wrong of me.

seems you wouldn't. (which is fair enough - we're obviously different kinds of people.
No I would. I've said wrong things before we all do.

The problem is that for example when a whole stadium starts singing 'the referee's a wanker' as embarrassing as that is, nobody thinks it's unacceptable.

There is a line to be drawn is all I'm saying and its hard to know where that is. Especially in football stadiums, where emotions run high and alcohol is often behind things!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:10 pm

I don't think doing summat because you are drunk makes it right... or because you are part of a crowd.. does it?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:23 pm

The Andrews quote in the MEN piece is quite telling "We need to get back to basics. The players and the manager" Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but if you didn't have a problem with the boss wouldn't you have just said "as a club"?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"