Bolton vs Crystal Palace

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Bolton vs Crystal Palace

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:13 pm

N'gog needs to score, both for himself and the team. His confidence would get a real boost if he gets a couple of goals. It's pretty obvious that he has quality and that he's the obvious choice to eventually replace KD. If he could just hit goal form, then Sordell might get the run he needs, but dropping KD right now isn't the best option. If N'gog starts scoring, then Sordell could come in and KD be used as an impact sub. Afobe, as a loanee isn't going to do much in the long term. There just has to be something we don't know about here. On the surface it's so obvious Sordell should be at least on the bench that it's baffling to see Afobe taking preference. Might help us understand it if we knew what the problem really is.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:29 pm

This game will really show Mears up when he faces Zaha. He is the main threat from Palace and we have to keep him quiet somehow.

I'll go for a draw in this one.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:If N'gog starts scoring
He's had one-and-a-bit seasons to score, and he's scored four goals.

Four goals.

He's played what, 3 or 4 games this season and he's not even had a shot on target from what I can remember. Yesterday he had one shot on goal and I swear it went out of the stadium.

He's not going to start scoring because he's incapable of doing so.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 pm

If he doesn't play though, we don't create chances.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:If he doesn't play though, we don't create chances.
Are you suggesting we play him with someone who DOES score then??? Owen won't like this...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 pm

I think you play NGoals with a goalscoring partner (Sordell at a push) or midfielders what shoot a lot, Eagles, Petrov...

Not a fan of Davo/NGog axis

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Yep said time and time again ngog gets unessary Criticism for me the bloke works his socks of chases lost causes and works the channels he just doesn't score many which is shit considering he's a striker but he brings alot of other attributes to the team

It's definitely ngog and another

What's robbie Blake doing with Himself
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:35 pm

I thought Ngog played well on Saturday but deary me, he needs to start finding the back of the net because his wastefulness, if it continues, is gonna cost us points.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm

You do wonder how he's made it as far as he has. I wouldn't back him to score at Sunday League level.

Nevertheless, I like him. He'd always be the first striker on the team-sheet for me. I think he gets the best out of Eagles and Mark Davies.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 am

Same team for me that won on Saturday.

I see here players being proposed who were given chances earlier and contributed very little (Ricketts, LCY, Petrov, Sordell) and we struggled and the manager cussed off. Now we win a game without them and they should now be brought back according to many.

Not sure why.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:32 am

Tombwfc wrote:You do wonder how he's made it as far as he has. I wouldn't back him to score at Sunday League level.

Nevertheless, I like him. He'd always be the first striker on the team-sheet for me. I think he gets the best out of Eagles and Mark Davies.
It must be nice for them to have somebody TO, rather than pass AT!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Vertigo wrote:----------Boggers-----------
Ricketts-Mills-Knight-Warnock
Chungy-Spearing-Mavies-Petrov
-----------Eagles-------------
-----------Sordell-------------

I don't think Andrews has provided anything of note really. Still have faith in Mavies and the goal he scored yesterday shows just what he is capable of. Spearing doing his job well too.
we are talking "theoretically" here aren't we ?

In which case, swap N'Gog for Sordell & that would be my selection too.

It won't happen, of course.
Yes, of course I don't think that team will line up, but one I would pick if I was in the top job. I just can't justify having two Premier League quality players in Lee and Petrov sitting on the pine. They can fit into the team, with Spearing and Andrews anchoring the midfield and Warnock protecting the left behind Petrov. It also leaves Eagles in his preferred role behind the striker.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:37 am

So we (finally) see a system that solidifies the midfield, but people want to tear it up and play Spearing in there on his own? We got relegated playing that system and turned over a couple of times with it this season.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:08 am

boltonboris wrote:So we (finally) see a system that solidifies the midfield, but people want to tear it up and play Spearing in there on his own? We got relegated playing that system and turned over a couple of times with it this season.
Might not work every game. Plus with such talent on the bench, you never know what we could produce on field if Coyle fielded a team like this. At the end of the day, all we have to lose is 3 points and with the inconsistent form we've already shown, the risk may as well be taken now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 am

Vertigo wrote:
boltonboris wrote:So we (finally) see a system that solidifies the midfield, but people want to tear it up and play Spearing in there on his own? We got relegated playing that system and turned over a couple of times with it this season.
Might not work every game. Plus with such talent on the bench, you never know what we could produce on field if Coyle fielded a team like this. At the end of the day, all we have to lose is 3 points and with the inconsistent form we've already shown, the risk may as well be taken now.
But you start with the winning system and take it from there.

For the first time I can remember in a long time, we had a midfield that dominated. Lets not change that until it stops dominating or we have to!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 am

Save your breath

We're fighting the FM generation here

Impact subs n all that bollocks
Sto ut Serviam

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 am

I still have a longwave wireless.

This stereo FM stuff'll never catch on.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 am

Suppose this conversation comes about because we haven't got Lee on the field.

He hasn't looked the same player let's be honest - he was so lightweight at Hull. We'd have to persist with him to get him back to his best...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am

Vertigo wrote:----------Boggers-----------
Ricketts-Mills-Knight-Warnock
Chungy-Spearing-Mavies-Petrov
-----------Eagles-------------
-----------Sordell-------------

I don't think Andrews has provided anything of note really. Still have faith in Mavies and the goal he scored yesterday shows just what he is capable of. Spearing doing his job well too.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 am

I just hope Mavis ain't going to disappear up his own arse for the next ten games now!
I see here players being proposed who were given chances earlier and contributed very little (Ricketts, LCY, Petrov, Sordell) and we struggled and the manager cussed off
You are really taking the p*ss with that ain't you? Petrov was one of our better players when he was on, certainly our most potent in terms of getting forwards, ain't his fault Keven Davies is a donkey who cannot make either post in a counter attack!! Sordell? we seen a lot of him then? Ricketts, always played in not his best position to allow Yank or plank to play!
Ok I'll give you LCY ain't been his best and it is a worry but his game time has been a little bit short after a long lay off and Mr nutcase Coyle due to his inept management means he cannot be given a chance because he is desperate to cling on to his job!
Mears! just about sums up Coyle!