Boro

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Boro

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm

The biggest question still for me, is what's happened to sordell :conf:
We have forwards who are consistently failing to score yet our 3.5 million pound striker can't even get on the bench, let alone the pitch.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
James B wrote:the amount of goals we concede regularly is simply dreadful. i don't think we've ever had a worse defence as long as i've supported the club.
OH !!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember plenty !! 3rd and 4th Division, plenty worse defences than these.
i've supported them since 1993 and i'm struggling to think of anything worse, and we've had a few bad ones.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:14 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Coyle picked a light weight midfield

So did jimmy

2 nill down against Bristol City i'll say it again fvcking Bristol City

Scraped a draw against Wolves again conceding 2

And by the sounds of it we was hardly at the races today and conceded 2

Where still making the same bloody mistakes. As everybody has said what's happened to Knight weird partnership today

Just hope Dougies a miracle worker
No team will be good enough for you I'm afraid.

You are now picking bones out of a 3-2 win. Let me spin it the other way. The 2 goals were avoidable however they were feck all to do with the midfield selection.

Overhead kick and a penalty?

Chill out dude.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

William the White wrote:Leaking two goals a game is relegation form. We have to score three to win a game. Start at the back, Dougie, get it sorted!
Start with loaning a new keeper.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:19 pm

If boro are third in tgis league we should piss it. absolute shambles.glad we've appointed a manager and not given it jimmy! piss poor

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:23 pm

So did jimmy

Where still making the same bloody mistakes. As everybody has said what's happened to Knight weird partnership today

We were the better side against Bristol and Wolves. We deserved 6 points from those two games.

Boro are a good side at home too. I'd have taken a draw before the game, without question.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:23 pm

This squad is the squad we had at the beginning of the season, when people on here were predicting "We'll piss this league, with the best squad of players in the Championship."
Those same players are now overpaid non caring tossers.
Yes they're not playing well, but the cretin responsible has now gone, and hopefully the players will react positively.
Don't expect miracles overnight, it could be a long hard slog, but let's get behind the players and new management team, give them time, and hopefully they can turn the season round.
The last 3 games have shown some positives, Under coyle we would never have come back against Bristol and Wolves, and although we lost today the team didn't give up as they have in the past 18 months.

Onwards and upwards.
At least the scottish tosser is no longer at helm, we can't get worse,
So keep the faith and get behind the Club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:32 pm

DJBlu wrote:

So did jimmy

No team will be good enough for you I'm afraid.

You are now picking bones out of a 3-2 win. Let me spin it the other way. The 2 goals were avoidable however they were feck all to do with the midfield selection.

Overhead kick and a penalty?

Chill out dude.

Defend as a team

Let me spin it the other way where playing Boro away

We play Sparky, Petrov, Eagles, a rusty Chungy and SKD (who let's be honest does't work as hard as he use to which is understandable) none of them offer up hardly a tackle in anger or work real hard you know hart on a sleeve stuff (exempt Davo it's just his body let's him down )

All that pressure on that defence today was just asking for trouble

I don't expect you to agree cus it's obvious your still in the "it'll be all reet club"

Over to Dougie hope he's a miracle worker
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:33 pm

We're all talking without having seen the game. Let's wait for some input from the match-goers.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:The biggest question still for me, is what's happened to sordell :conf:
We have forwards who are consistently failing to score yet our 3.5 million pound striker can't even get on the bench, let alone the pitch.
the club needs to make a statement about him.

Otherwise rumours about whether he's no-where to be seen possibly to do with him failing drug tests will start to gather pace.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:The biggest question still for me, is what's happened to sordell :conf:
the club needs to make a statement about him.

Otherwise rumours about whether he's no-where to be seen possibly to do with him failing drug tests will start to gather pace.
They don't. They need to let Dougie and his coaches assess the squad and make their own decisions.

Now is the time for calmness and stability. Dougie needs chance to build his backroom team and assess his squad. Not club statements. IMO.

paddypower45
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by paddypower45 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:This squad is the squad we had at the beginning of the season, when people on here were predicting "We'll piss this league, with the best squad of players in the Championship."
Those same players are now overpaid non caring tossers.
Yes they're not playing well, but the cretin responsible has now gone, and hopefully the players will react positively.
Don't expect miracles overnight, it could be a long hard slog, but let's get behind the players and new management team, give them time, and hopefully they can turn the season round.
The last 3 games have shown some positives, Under coyle we would never have come back against Bristol and Wolves, and although we lost today the team didn't give up as they have in the past 18 months.

Onwards and upwards.
At least the scottish tosser is no longer at helm, we can't get worse,
So keep the faith and get behind the Club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and replaced by another scottish tosser 8)

you really cant see it can you? freedman will not lead you guys up to the premiership and get you out of this tough tough league :conf:

better get back to the oracle...

"but if you can stand the test... you know your worst is better than their best"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 pm

I went
they are shit
Its a joke our players couldnt be organised to win

piss poor - needs massive work by dougie and HIS tean

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:53 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I went
they are shit
Its a joke our players couldnt be organised to win

piss poor - needs massive work by dougie and HIS tean

:pray:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
James B wrote:the amount of goals we concede regularly is simply dreadful. i don't think we've ever had a worse defence as long as i've supported the club.
Agree its disgraceful, conceding 2 goals almost every game - fcuking awful substitutions today by Phillips

Freedman can't change this set of mard arsed, soft as shite squad of players - there is a complete lack of bottle and spirit but more importantly a complete lack of fight, pride & passion.

We will not go up this season with this set of overpaid pussies, it doesn't matter who's managing them, how many games have we scored 1st and then not gone on to win the game.
So, to be clear, you think they are soft?

I absolutely concur that fight, pride and passion are much more important than bottle and spirit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:00 pm

We need some fecking steel. someone to dish out bollockings to pansies like mears and mavies.

on the pitch i mean.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: No, I still think it is. The trouble is that we've fecked about for trn games or so now, and lost some confidence and it's affecting some of the players.

So it's not like flicking a light switch, though let's be fair, Phillips managed to show some improvements, not in terms of keeping goals out.

It must have been a difficult few weeks with the unsettling nature of rumours regarding managers. And still the backroom structure Freedman will want is not in place.

So there is bound to be a tricky period.

But we can improve.
hmmm... I think a BWFCi 4 weeks ago might have simply said - enough pathetic excuses - this is shoite...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:06 pm

So did jimmy

indeed - but who is the extra steel you want in there? Andrews?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:08 pm

The lack of a natural goalscorer up front is going to cost us this season. Coyle put faith in a largely untried Arsenal youngster, ignoring the likes of Cox and Sharp, experienced forwards at this level who would get us goals and it was a poor decision. We can't win every game 3-2, we simply don't have the resources up front.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:15 pm

thebish wrote:

So did jimmy

indeed - but who is the extra steele you want in there? Andrews?
thebish wrote:
Lex