Blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Blackpool

Post by Turkish Trotter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
newboy wrote:might go against the grain but I hope Blackpool win next week and stay up I don't think I'd be to upset.
I personally hope we destroy them if they had of been a bit better to bald bristol man then they probably would not be in a situation where they are now looking at relegation candidates instead of play off candidates

Sometimes I wonder when people question your sanity, Sometimes your comments border on the ridiculous, your spelling and punctuation are not what they should be, but I'll forgive that as youthful ignorance.
But with this latest comment to a thread that is at least 18 months old, I'm beginning to realise that people are right about you. :crazy:
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Michael Appleton named as the new manager.
He either has a great reputation within the game ("people who know football") or he's got one hell of an agent/publicist
Well, Meggers who knows football better than any of us was his manager at WBA when he retired. Said it was his saddest day as a manager. Of course that was before he came to us....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Point to prove on sat after being knocked back here?

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
He either has a great reputation within the game ("people who know football") or he's got one hell of an agent/publicist

Apparently he does have a great reputation within the game
What goes around may still come around

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm in the home end for this one on my brother in law's season ticket, sitting on my hands. Give us a wave :D

Before the Cardiff match, I was looking for 5 points from the following 3 games, so I'd be happy with a point come 5pm Saturday.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 pm

We will lose 4-3.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Blackpool expecting their biggest crowd for almost 30 years outside the top flight on Saturday. Their previous biggest gate outside the top flight, was on Boxing Day 1977. No prizes for guessing who the opposition was...

I hated that Boxing Day and have hated the name Neil Whatmore ever since. Stood on the Kop that day, horrible seeing their fans queuing for literally miles to get in.

It would be fair to say that Bolton brought one or two for the boxing day match (as they always did)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
newboy wrote:might go against the grain but I hope Blackpool win next week and stay up I don't think I'd be to upset.
I personally hope we destroy them if they had of been a bit better to bald bristol man then they probably would not be in a situation where they are now looking at relegation candidates instead of play off candidates

Sometimes I wonder when people question your sanity, Sometimes your comments border on the ridiculous, your spelling and punctuation are not what they should be, but I'll forgive that as youthful ignorance.
But with this latest comment to a thread that is at least 18 months old, I'm beginning to realise that people are right about you. :crazy:
given what I have been through i can be forgiven for being a bit nutty. but you have a point
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:30 pm

BL3 wrote:Blackpool expecting their biggest crowd for almost 30 years outside the top flight on Saturday. Their previous biggest gate outside the top flight, was on Boxing Day 1977. No prizes for guessing who the opposition was...

I hated that Boxing Day and have hated the name Neil Whatmore ever since. Stood on the Kop that day, horrible seeing their fans queuing for literally miles to get in.

It would be fair to say that Bolton brought one or two for the boxing day match (as they always did)
Unless I'm forgetting one, that years win is our only one at Bloomfield in 40 years :shock:

The only time I can recall leaving there in a good mood was after a 1-1 draw in the Auto rover thing which got us through to Wembley.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BL3 wrote:Blackpool expecting their biggest crowd for almost 30 years outside the top flight on Saturday. Their previous biggest gate outside the top flight, was on Boxing Day 1977. No prizes for guessing who the opposition was...

Unless I'm forgetting one, that years win is our only one at Bloomfield in 40 years :shock:

The only time I can recall leaving there in a good mood was after a 1-1 draw in the Auto rover thing which got us through to Wembley.
got a better chance than most on saturday. 6:30 start for me and bliddy bus from PNE. i think we could win you know
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Not since the 1953 F.A.Cup Final when, as a fourteen year old I watched - on a black and white TV with a twelve inch screen - us lose at the death after being 3-1 up, have I ever been able to like Blackpool. I was gutted for days and hated Mathews, Mortensen, Perry and co with a vengeance back then and even now the desire to beat them is pretty strong. I don't want us to win 4-3 as they did, but 5-0, so that's what I'm going for. 5-0 the Whites. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Not since the 1953 F.A.Cup Final when, as a fourteen year old I watched - on a black and white TV with a twelve inch screen - us lose at the death after being 3-1 up, have I ever been able to like Blackpool. I was gutted for days and hated Mathews, Mortensen, Perry and co with a vengeance back then and even now the desire to beat them is pretty strong. I don't want us to win 4-3 as they did, but 5-0, so that's what I'm going for. 5-0 the Whites. :wink:

Can't wait for your commentary on that TD. :wink:
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Before the Cardiff match, I was looking for 5 points from the following 3 games, so I'd be happy with a point come 5pm Saturday.
That kind of return won't see us promoted.

Gotta settle for no less than three points on Saturday. It's attainable.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 am

any spares?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 am

For the first time in about a year I'm predicting a Bolton win.
I'd like another clean sheet too if that's ok with everyone.
COYWM.
Businesswoman of the year.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 am

Bit disappointed that we've not had any 12 year old Blackpool fans on here gobbing it off yet too. Are they all ill?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 am

CrazyHorse wrote:For the first time in about a year I'm predicting a Bolton win.
I'd like another clean sheet too if that's ok with everyone.
COYWM.
Oh FFS why are you determined to spoil our Saturdays?

They will dick us 44-0 and we'll have 10 men sent off with only Knight remaining on the pitch. Some fans will scream that Dougie puts our only player on the pitch behind the ball. "How are we meant to score 35 goals with Knight in defence Dougie?"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 am

Hey, c'mon now.
If anyone can single handedly defend a 44 goal defect whilst still managing to claw 35 goals back it's Zatyiah "Zat" Knight.

The brummie git.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 am

defect?
I mean deficit. FFS, I've made myself look stupid now....

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Why didn't you just edit your post, we'd have never known :)

I'm going to this. Naturally I'm wanting a win but I think this will be a very hard game for us. One win and one draw under Freedman, so were already riding our luck hah.