Blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Blackpool

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Prufrock wrote: Which of our strikers do you think has performed better than Davo over this season as a whole?
Well live,I don't recall anyone coming on for Davo that I can remember for any length of time worth talking about. (Perhaps that's why we have nothing upfront).

But when we have had a change, then that Ngog lad, but he was shite wasn't he? - other than scoring and winning a penalty that is. Err and changing the game as well. It was just a cameo though like you say.

KD is consistent -I'll give you that.

That might be why we had such a good start.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Brilliant. So Davo has been shit for three years, and is still shit, even when he plays well. Whereas N'Gog has been shit for a year a half, but is brilliant because he had a good twenty minutes?

And our poor start is entirely down to our second top scorer.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Prufrock wrote:Brilliant. So Davo has been shit for three years, and is still shit, even when he plays well. Whereas N'Gog has been shit for a year a half, but is brilliant because he had a good twenty minutes?

And our poor start is entirely down to our second top scorer.
Given this huge weight of evidence of KD's consistent and continuing aceness, would you start KD on his own in a 5-3-1 on Saturday rather than Ngog, Pru?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:45 pm

I wouldn't be starting anyone in a 5-3-1!

If it were up to me I'd be starting most games with N'Gog with Kev ready to do all his running in the last half an hour.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:I wouldn't be starting anyone in a 5-3-1!

If it were up to me I'd be starting most games with N'Gog with Kev ready to do all his running in the last half an hour.
you'd start Ngog on the basis of being shit for a year and half and good for 20minutes? :wink:

and - 4-4-2? or some slightly more complex numerological version of 5-3-1?

I reckon tomorrow's selection will be interesting to say the least... I suspect it might start to give us clues where Douglas is going..

Butterfield and who (if anyone) makes way?
KD or Ngog?
Petrov still on the bench?
Sordell - any role at all?
Afobe?

and - for a change - I am still kind of looking forward to it! happy days! 8)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Well given my other option is Kevin Davies who has been shit for three years what else can I do? :wink:

Sordell doesn't exist, and if Davo is shit then they haven't yet invented a word for how bad Afobe is.

4-5-1 for me.

Boggers

Ricketts-Mills-Knight-Warnock
-------Andrews---Spearing
Lee----------Mavies----Eagles
------------Wash.

Won't be though. Same as last two games with maybe N'Gog for Davo and Butterfield for Pratz.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Prufrock wrote:Well given my other option is Kevin Davies who has been shit for three years what else can I do? :wink:

Sordell doesn't exist, and if Davo is shit then they haven't yet invented a word for how bad Afobe is.

4-5-1 for me.

Boggers

------------Wash.

Won't be though. Same as last two games with maybe N'Gog for Davo and Butterfield for Pratz.
ahhh - oops... :oops: :doh: now I see!! why the tit did I write 5-3-1 - not ONCE - but fecking twice!!!

I'm an idiot! 8)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Sordell will be sold in jan is my guess. We need a jason roberts tyoe championship goalscorer imo.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Well given my other option is Kevin Davies who has been shit for three years what else can I do? :wink:

4-5-1 for me.

Boggers

------------Wash.

ahhh - oops... :oops: :doh: now I see!! why the tit did I write 5-3-1 - not ONCE - but fecking twice!!!

I'm an idiot! 8)
I wondered what you were on about! Don't worry though, I've got Boggers stood off somewhere towards the right corner-flag there, so no-one is perfect.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:

4-5-1 for me.

Boggers

------------Wash.

I'm an idiot! 8)
I wondered what you were on about! Don't worry though, I've got Boggers stood off somewhere towards the right corner-flag there, so no-one is perfect.

that's so that when he parries it away with his hands it doesn't drop into the six yard box...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I wouldn't be starting anyone in a 5-3-1!

you'd start Ngog on the basis of being shit for a year and half and good for 20minutes? :wink:

and - 4-4-2? or some slightly more complex numerological version of 5-3-1?

I reckon tomorrow's selection will be interesting to say the least... I suspect it might start to give us clues where Douglas is going..

Butterfield and who (if anyone) makes way?
KD or Ngog?
Petrov still on the bench?
Sordell - any role at all?
Afobe?

and - for a change - I am still kind of looking forward to it! happy days! 8)
Well that'll be knocked right back out of you soon enough! :mrgreen:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:

4-5-1 for me.

Boggers

------------Wash.

I'm an idiot! 8)
Haha that made me chuckle that!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Prufrock wrote: but he has been the best of our four strikers, bar one 20 minute cameo, by so far as to be untrue this season. Do I think he had a good game against Leicester? No. Which of our strikers do you think has performed better than Davo over this season as a whole?
Nail on head.

I dont get some folk. He has 1 poor game and he's supposedly finished. When he's playing well and scoring, he's the weak link that causes us to play hoof ball.

Funny how opposition managers and fans are always bemoaning him when they've just been beat.

Is he mobile, pacey & prolific? No. He never was. However, he's still as effective as he ever was imo.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Prufrock wrote: but he has been the best of our four strikers, bar one 20 minute cameo, by so far as to be untrue this season. Do I think he had a good game against Leicester? No. Which of our strikers do you think has performed better than Davo over this season as a whole?
Nail on head.

I dont get some folk. He has 1 poor game and he's supposedly finished. When he's playing well and scoring, he's the weak link that causes us to play hoof ball.

Funny how opposition managers and fans are always bemoaning him when they've just been beat.

Is he mobile, pacey & prolific? No. He never was. However, he's still as effective as he ever was imo.
Not in a million billion years IMO.

At his best he was the second best target man in the premiership, only behind Drogba IMO.

He's a long long long way away from that now.

Clean Shirt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clean Shirt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Nail on head.

It's a bit of a thorny issue- on his own he's playing fine, getting a few goals, roughing up the opposition etc.
But it's just our mentality with him in the team that needs to change- we can't play long ball any more, we don't have the physical strength to back it up.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Nail on head.

I thought that was his bag at chesterfield, no? wasn't he a bit of a mobile, pacey trickster before he discovered his true calling as Big Sam's battering ram?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Sordell will be sold in jan is my guess. We need a jason roberts tyoe championship goalscorer imo.
I said this before the season started; in this division, if you want promotion, you tend to need someone who knows the division and who scores a lot of goals. Simon Cox or Billy Sharp may have been decent loan/permanent signings.

Kevin Davies may be 'effective' but he's never going to get enough goals to take us up. He's started all season and we're seventeenth. Is there a better option in the squad? I'm not certain there is but that's the fault of the previous manager. Maybe the striker-situation can be sorted in January or maybe we can grab a decent 'emergency loan' before then.

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult game, not necessarily because it's Blackpool as the measure of the opposition doesn't seem to matter with Bolton this season. We're away, we're not having a great season, it's gonna be tough but three points are needed.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Nail on head.

Not in a million billion years IMO.

At his best he was the second best target man in the premiership, only behind Drogba IMO.

He's a long long long way away from that now.

Agreed

Not knocking the block he's a legend and always will be

But i'm afraid none of us can beat the clock
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 pm

4-5-1 for me.

Boggers

------------Wash.

or cyl. Different sort of team to Leicester/cardiff so maybe there will be changes. Let them push onto i=us and hit them on the break
For me,same back 4 then
...............Spearing Andrews
CYL/Butterfield................Petrov
....................Eagles/Mavis
..........................Ngog/KD

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Jugs wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Sordell will be sold in jan is my guess. We need a jason roberts tyoe championship goalscorer imo.
I said this before the season started; in this division, if you want promotion, you tend to need someone who knows the division and who scores a lot of goals. Simon Cox or Billy Sharp may have been decent loan/permanent signings.

Kevin Davies may be 'effective' but he's never going to get enough goals to take us up. He's started all season and we're seventeenth. Is there a better option in the squad? I'm not certain there is but that's the fault of the previous manager. Maybe the striker-situation can be sorted in January or maybe we can grab a decent 'emergency loan' before then.

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult game, not necessarily because it's Blackpool as the measure of the opposition doesn't seem to matter with Bolton this season. We're away, we're not having a great season, it's gonna be tough but three points are needed.
Leaking goals every game might just have as much to do with that as our strikers. Even hinting KD is responsible for that is way off the mark. If he gets picked it's because the manager thinks he should. When he doesn't, he won't. That simple.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?