CYL stropped off down the tunnel

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hodori
Hopeful
Hopeful

CYL stropped off down the tunnel

Post by Hodori » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 pm

He stropped off down the tunnel after the final sub was made. Rumours that Freedman may be having a January clear out of those he deems to be 'not committed', I suspect LCY may be one of them.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: CYL stropped off down the tunnel

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:43 pm

I can't blame him at all. There is no justification for Afobe playing ahead of Chungy. He is our second best player on potential but unless he gets game time, he's never going to get rid of that rust.

If he went in January, I'd be very disappointed. I'm happy for most of our team to go but we need to keep the quality, which Chungy has.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:53 pm

While everyone should be in it for the team, the guy IS one of our class acts ... & seeing N'Gog last week (still stunned at that) and Afobe this, get the nod in front of him is enough to see him be pissed off.

He will exit in January ... for a fraction of his worth.

Big mistake Dougie.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Well here's a thing.

One asumes Freedman has a plan, whether it's a good plan or not we shall see given time. One thing I hope for sure, is that his plan doesn't include adapting his plan to accomodate the moods and personal fancies of any individual.

I'm happy to trust his judgement until this time next year. That's not blind faith, it's based upon what he achieved in the same timescale at Crystal Palace.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:07 pm

The outcry for LCY to be in the team is somewhat baffling.

He's had a full pre season and when started this season has hardly ripped up trees. He's had the odd moment but not exactly been great.

In the system we are playing its fairly normal to put a striker out wide, I mean Allardyce did it for 10 years.....

Dougie has said at length he believes in using his squad and swapping people around.

I think that's fair enough. Nobody barring Knight and Eagles can say they deserve or can even expect a place in our team this season!

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:12 pm

But...but...I thought the general consensus was that CYL was playing shite???

Haven't seen us play in flesh since Blackpool away in which he didn't do an awful lot to get the equaliser seeing as Eagles had all but laid it on a plate. I agree it may all be a matter of game time to boss off the rust but there's been better chances for him to get them than today, again i'll give you last week was a bit dumb. This whole Afobe fantasy is becoming a bit of an oddity though between all three of our coaching staff this year...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm not prepared to put up with hissy fits of pique, by anyone, over anything. He doesn't even make the bench against Blackburn for me. If Freedman does anything else then the wrong message goes out from the off.
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm not prepared to put up with hissy fits of pique, by anyone, over anything. He doesn't even make the bench against Blackburn for me. If Freedman does anything else then the wrong message goes out from the off.

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:33 pm

He's been fecking gash this this year. Lost his bottle. Certainly not 'up' for this league. Could benefit both parties getting shut.

There is only Eagles I'd be bothered about losing out of this squad of has beens.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Looks like his injury has knocked some of the stuffing out of him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'm not prepared to put up with hissy fits of pique, by anyone, over anything. He doesn't even make the bench against Blackburn for me. If Freedman does anything else then the wrong message goes out from the off.
But what if Freedman speaks to him explains, LCY apologises and it's dealt with behind closed doors?

For me, we don't want to return to the days of Megson sidelining people for looking at the manager wrong.

Neither do we want a lack of discipline.

LCY needs to earn his place if he works hard and does I'd have no problem with that!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Well, that's me told then !

I just feel we are, almost Megson-like' manouvering a quality player out of the door.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Neither do we want a lack of discipline.

LCY needs to earn his place if he works hard and does I'd have no problem with that!
Exactly the point I'm making!

Wasn't it obvious?
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Well, that's me told then !

I just feel we are, almost Megson-like' manouvering a quality player out of the door.
Maybe so. But we've needed a clear out of egos since wembley. Grafting gets you out of this league not poncing about.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Why does Chungy have to be in the wrong here? I'd much rather have a team full of players who are disappointed by absolute dross than a side who are happy to lose. Afobe was picked ahead of Chungy today, so compare their attitudes. One comes back from a terrible injury, works hard and wants the team to do well. The other visibly doesn't care and is on InstaGram during games.

That is unacceptable.

I'm glad Chungy was disappointed. We all were so why should a player who cares be any different? Maybe he was wrong to storm off but I'd take passion and enthusiasm over lethargy any day.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Well it's very obvious that Petrov is already on his way out the club.
A failure by the new management to 'manage' individuals.

We cannot afford to lose one of our most creative players, in my opinion.

To now look like he will ship out another and thus lose 2 is poor going.
Two players who if 'managed' as individuals, could add a bloody lot to get us out the mess we are in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Lot of second guessing going on here.

Nobody knows what Afobe is like, how much he cares in comparison to anyone else.

These 'imdividuals' haven't exactly done a lot to earn their place. I've said for a while that we couldn't keep carrying them all in the same side and Dougie is making the tough decisions.

I'd love an in form LCY to fire us up the league but he's looked a long long way from doing that recently.....
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of second guessing going on here.
A connection and an opinion is all you need, everyone's a critic. :)

Well not everyone, but I'm sure you get my drift. :wink:

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of second guessing going on here.

Nobody knows what Afobe is like, how much he cares in comparison to anyone else.

These 'imdividuals' haven't exactly done a lot to earn their place. I've said for a while that we couldn't keep carrying them all in the same side and Dougie is making the tough decisions.

I'd love an in form LCY to fire us up the league but he's looked a long long way from doing that recently.....
Petrov has been one of our best attackers this year when the poor lad has been given the odd chance here and there. Consistently a danger. He's done enough to warrant having done 'enough' when compared to everyone else, in my opinion.

CYL less so, yes. But patience has to be offered to a lad who's just had an horrific injury. 10 or so appearances isn't enough to decide its not worth persisting.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Well it's very obvious that Petrov is already on his way out the club.
A failure by the new management to 'manage' individuals.

We cannot afford to lose one of our most creative players, in my opinion.

To now look like he will ship out another and thus lose 2 is poor going.
Two players who if 'managed' as individuals, could add a bloody lot to get us out the mess we are in.
Cast your mind back to when Allardyce first took over. We had a wide player by the name of Michael Johannsen. Fans favourite, a flair player who had that something extra. He didn't fit into Sam's plans. A few tantrums later and he was off. At the time, like most, I was sad to see him go.

Would I have kept him in return for what happened next? Would I feck!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"