Peterborough away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Peterborough away

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:40 pm

ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:If winning three games in ten wasn't good enough when Coyle was in charge, it's not good enough now.
Yep, Coyle's abject failure was all about him only winning three games in ten. Genius.
Let's stick to this season shall we? Because like it or not, he was still in charge ten games in because he was deemed good enough to get us straight back up. Three wins in ten was deemed not good enough. Dougie was appointed to get us 'back on track' and he's delivered three wins in ten games...
You talk utter gash.. Coyle started the season with HIS team that HE had put together over 2 years and he had pre season along with the transfer window. How is that comparable to Freedman who has walked in with a team he doesn't know, not been able to chop and change and having to get the squad onside to his way of thinking etc..

All you go on about is that Freedman has said he has a good bunch of lads etc.. he is hardly going to come out and say there a bunch of shit useless wankers when he needs to try and keep them onside for the games before the window opens.
How long has Mick McCarthy had to work with the 'bunch of shit useless wankers' at Ipswich?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:44 pm

BL3 wrote:
Let's stick to this season shall we?
Why would we do that? To misguidedly strengthen your 'point' :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Yep, but that's got nothing to do with my point.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:
The clue is in the next sentence...
BL3 wrote:Because like it or not, he was still in charge ten games in because he was deemed good enough to get us straight back up.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:Yep, but that's got nothing to do with my point.

Thought so

He spouts more bollocks then an mp and he dodges direct questions

So yeah a cvnt
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 pm

BL3 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:
BL3 wrote:Because like it or not, he was still in charge ten games in because he was deemed good enough to get us straight back up.
So the answer is yes, then. You'll cherry-pick in a futile attempt to strengthen a non-nonsensical debate. How on earth can you blatantly ignore our terminal decline since the semi-final against Stoke? How?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:
So the answer is yes, then. You'll cherry-pick in a futile attempt to strengthen a non-nonsensical debate. How on earth can you blatantly ignore our terminal decline since the semi-final against Stoke? How?
The answer is no and i've explained why. Twice.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 pm

So you think he was sacked purely and simply on the basis of this season? The board decided not to sack him after relegation (no argument, obviously) and then just put it all behind them, clean slate, like a new manager?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 pm

BL3 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:If winning three games in ten wasn't good enough when Coyle was in charge, it's not good enough now.
Yep, Coyle's abject failure was all about him only winning three games in ten. Genius.
Let's stick to this season shall we? Because like it or not, he was still in charge ten games in because he was deemed good enough to get us straight back up. Three wins in ten was deemed not good enough. Dougie was appointed to get us 'back on track' and he's delivered three wins in ten games...
You talk utter gash.. Coyle started the season with HIS team that HE had put together over 2 years and he had pre season along with the transfer window. How is that comparable to Freedman who has walked in with a team he doesn't know, not been able to chop and change and having to get the squad onside to his way of thinking etc..

All you go on about is that Freedman has said he has a good bunch of lads etc.. he is hardly going to come out and say there a bunch of shit useless wankers when he needs to try and keep them onside for the games before the window opens.
How long has Mick McCarthy had to work with the 'bunch of shit useless wankers' at Ipswich?

What has Mick McCarthy and Ipswich got to do with anything at Bolton? For a start Ipswich don't have the pressure and expectation of promotion on there backs.. Mentality as well as other things make the two jobs completely different and if we had someone scoring goals like DJ Campbell I think we might have won one or two more (8 goals in 14).

You keep going on about Mick McCarthy but there is nothing to say 100% certain that he would have done any better here than Freedman. Under his management they have been beat 5 and 6 nil so hardly a defensive god..

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:02 am

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 am

Boris, you've defended our Tyrone a lot this year. I think he's got a lot of unwarranted stick for not being that great going forward, but a lot of justified stick for pissing off way, way out of position. Their first goal seems to have been blamed entirely on Zat Knight missing his clearance; what the fecking feck is Mears doing inside Knight?! Not just inside Knight, but almost behind Ricketts!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:31 am

Prufrock wrote:Boris, you've defended our Tyrone a lot this year. I think he's got a lot of unwarranted stick for not being that great going forward, but a lot of justified stick for pissing off way, way out of position. Their first goal seems to have been blamed entirely on Zat Knight missing his clearance; what the fecking feck is Mears doing inside Knight?! Not just inside Knight, but almost behind Ricketts!
Equally, where was Warnock for their 4th? The whole of the back 4 was shocking yesterday. And where was the midfield shield? Look at CYL's feeble attempts to track back for some of the goals. There's blame all over the pitch on a day like that. I'd get shut of CYL if Stoke are serious about him. We'll be in this division for a while and he's clearly not up for it. Thought he was OK at Huddersfield but yesterday he wasn't interested. The fee could fund the many changes DF needs to make.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:02 am

Prufrock wrote:Boris, you've defended our Tyrone a lot this year. I think he's got a lot of unwarranted stick for not being that great going forward, but a lot of justified stick for pissing off way, way out of position. Their first goal seems to have been blamed entirely on Zat Knight missing his clearance; what the fecking feck is Mears doing inside Knight?! Not just inside Knight, but almost behind Ricketts!
I haven't seen the goals. I can't bring myself to. I'd say that all of our defenders are flawed. Warnock seems to be getting away with some poor errors because he's a tough tackler and the fans love that, but he's not exactly great.

We've got good numbers in that position, so it's difficult to justify adding to it, but I'd persist with Mears as I'm not convinced by Ricketts defensively either.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 am

Just seen the goals. I get the impression it was a bizarre game. At least three of the goals we conceded were the result of comic defending. Our fourth was a lovely, typically Petrovian finish, set up by a decent pass from Sordell.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 am

Sponge wrote:Just seen the goals. I get the impression it was a bizarre game. At least three of the goals we conceded were the result of comic defending. Our fourth was a lovely, typically Petrovian finish, set up by a decent pass from Sordell.
How very dare you ?

They never put in a shift, nor pull their weight in training !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:01 pm

That first goal set the tone

The word shocking is overused and I won't use it in this case, because it wasn't shocking, it was predictable

The second one, another for Mr Knights debit sheet - half hearted, half arsed, shitty semi clearance into the back ofa team mate

Lee, Knight and Bogdan didn't cover themselves with glory on the 3rd

Can't remember the fourth, apart from their fella having half the penalty area to play with

And the fifth, Warnock and Bogdan, not good enough

If the back 4 and Lee never played again, I'd shed no tears

Butterfield and Eagles didn't fancy it

Petrov looked massively up for it, and the two black lads terrified them

We miss Mark Davies, but a few of us knew that anyway
Sto ut Serviam

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:That first goal set the tone

The word shocking is overused and I won't use it in this case, because it wasn't shocking, it was predictable

The second one, another for Mr Knights debit sheet - half hearted, half arsed, shitty semi clearance into the back ofa team mate

Lee, Knight and Bogdan didn't cover themselves with glory on the 3rd

Can't remember the fourth, apart from their fella having half the penalty area to play with

And the fifth, Warnock and Bogdan, not good enough

If the back 4 and Lee never played again, I'd shed no tears

Butterfield and Eagles didn't fancy it

Petrov looked massively up for it, and the two black lads terrified them

We miss Mark Davies, but a few of us knew that anyway
They do have names. :conf:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:46 pm

I know and if had been necessary to use them to make my point, I'd have used them

It wasn't, so I didn't
Sto ut Serviam

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:23 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yep, but that's got nothing to do with my point.

Thought so

He spouts more bollocks then an mp and he dodges direct questions

So yeah a cvnt
I rarely get involved in mud-slinging on this forum.

So I like to think I provide an equal-opportunities, impartial opinion when I do weigh-in.

BL3 is clearly a knob-head of incalculable magnitude. Ostracizing isn't big or clever but he's such an arse-magnet that ignoring him is the only sane thing to do. :)

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Saw the goals today and I must say that DF is a very brave man to predict that we will not defend like that again. Our defenders looked like amateurs, ball watching, not marking, wild clearances, miscontrol and all. Not sure if coaching can fix that. After all, these players have been professionals for a long time now and we have been leaking goals by the bucket for a couple seasons now

What magic wand will DF wave that gives him the confidence to make such a bold prediction?