Wednesday / Wednesday

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Wednesday / Wednesday

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Anyone any idea what was going on in the West upper next to the North stand?

A group of about 5 or 6 blokes started singing their support. It made a nice change to hear something coming from there and was something to look at for a while, then before I knew it, half a dozen stewards and a couple of coppers went in and chucked em out. Has the club got so used to booing that singing is banned now? :conf:
Too drunk? Not sitting in the right seats?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 pm

I dont think they were sat in the wrong seats as it was only very late in the game that I noticed them and nobody seemed to sit there after they'd gone. I assume they must have done sommat wrong but it looked like an over reaction
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm

We watched that incident going on as well (it was better than the game, let's be honest). Didn't see any reason for them getting chucked out although who knows what they'd been up to. I know one of the blokes involved has/had been 'cheerleader in chief' near the front of North Lower for a good few years, but maybe fancied a change in scene?!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 pm

The most disappointing game (so far!) of a dreadfully disappointing season...

This habit of donating points to teams below us could cost us very dear...

I've pretty much ruled out the play offs, I'm more concerned about the possibility of relegation. Seriously.

This was bad management, bad selection, bad system. But, mostly, a bad team, spiritless and hopeless.

Timothy Taylors at Bob's Smithy afterwards helped. A little.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:53 pm

keveh wrote:As I said earlier in the thread, my first game in a while so can only comment on today really.

The most obvious thing that stood out to me was the gap as big as the grand canyon between Andrews/Spearing and Ngog/Afobe. There was no creativity and nobody busting a gut to get forward and support the attack. Ngog is best with the ball played to his feet, so when there's nobody to do that he's got no chance.

That gap was never filled throughout the game, we would have never won if we were still playing now.
This is why I'm continually bemused at why Spearing and Andrews seem to avoid criticism (just as Reo-Coker did last season).

Sitting in midfield, putting in the odd tackle and maybe a few five yard passes but taking no real responsibility either defensively or in attack, is an absolute piece of piss.

We've gone from having soft as shit central midfielders getting overrun, to two players hiding there doing next to feck all. Muamba and Holden weren't/aren't brilliant going forward (although I'm sure someone will correct me by reminding me Stu at his best was Frank Lampard mixed with Xavi), but at least they got involved.

The rest I thought were all varying degrees of dismal. Ngog and Afobe come out with a little bit of credit. I thought that was Afobe's best performance in a white shirt, and at times he even bordered on mediocre. Ngog looks as though he might just've worked out that you need to shoot to score, so I'd actually persevere with him.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 am

Tombwfc wrote: This is why I'm continually bemused at why Spearing and Andrews seem to avoid criticism
If you seriously could't see that Spearing was our only player with the ability to actually play football today, mate, our only player that could pick an accurate forward pass and that actually had the requisite nous then I'd consider stopping going. When he cut inside along their 18 yard line from the right hand side, late on, and got a shot away, he was the first to recover the rebound back out on the touch line as everyone else stood there with their hands in their pockets, then, as we'd lost possession from him keeping it in he won a magnificent tackle back at right back where once again he'd covered a gaping hole again. This was all within a 30 second sequence of play.

Andrews on the other hand has yet to prove to me that he brings anything to a game,ever!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:26 am

I have more sympathy with Spearing, on the basis that he is a defensive midfielder and always has been. Andrews is disappointing in the sense that he's apparently scored goals at this level, but I can barely remember him getting in a position to score all season.

I do think that both of them have to do a lot less to avoid criticism than any other players on the field though, and they just don't do enough. Nobody blames them if we're shit defensively, nobody blames them if we create nothing. What do they offer?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:08 am

And d'you know what, I was the only one in there with a Christmas jumper on today too. A nice red number with a big Christmas pudding on it.
Santa is a Wanderer.
Ya miserable twxts.
Businesswoman of the year.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:21 am

I don't want to make us feel even shitter but before today Sidibe hadn't scored in 3 years!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:12 am

I couldn't even tell you what formation we were playing. It was absolutely bonkers and it looks like he's guessing now. Signs of early desperation? Ngog looked lively early on, but you need him to stretch teams, not sit in 'the hole'. He's no use there. But he was played out of position.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 am

Did we try that 5yd 'keep ball' we did v Charlton ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 am

bobo the clown wrote:Did we try that 5yd 'keep ball' we did v Charlton ?
No, and only two weeks ago it was the future we all had to get used to.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am

boltonboris wrote:I couldn't even tell you what formation we were playing. It was absolutely bonkers and it looks like he's guessing now. Signs of early desperation? Ngog looked lively early on, but you need him to stretch teams, not sit in 'the hole'. He's no use there. But he was played out of position.
Yet when playing in 'the hole' against Charlton when coming on for Butterfield, he changed the game. Not saying you're right or wrong btw, just an observation.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Walkley_owl
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Walkley_owl » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Afternoon all.

Went to the game yesterday and thought I'd give my opinion, we came and did a job, our performance was gritty and determined rather than slick and impressive, playing two attacking full backs ahead of the two defensive ones nullified any threat from Petrov and Eagles.

Antonios pace up front caused problems for your back four all game.

You get yourselves a decent striker and you will be moving up the table quickly.

And we finally broke our Reebok duck too, good crowd as well.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm

For me get rid of knight and ream is it about time to play big kev at centre half next to ricketts.. somebody with fight and guts and kev would do a job there drop bogden as well along with Mears hopefully get warnock back in jan
our defence should be at least somebody who would battle for the whites

Lonergan

riley, big kev, ricketts, warnock

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm

si2008 wrote:For me get rid of knight and ream is it about time to play big kev at centre half next to ricketts..
no! it will never be that time!!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Walkley_owl wrote:Antonios pace up front caused problems for your back four all game.
Not entirely sure about this. Our back four causes problems for the back four all game.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm

thebish wrote:
si2008 wrote:For me get rid of knight and ream is it about time to play big kev at centre half next to ricketts..
would do a better job then knight,ream and mills

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Mar wrote:
Walkley_owl wrote:Antonios pace up front caused problems for your back four all game.
Not entirely sure about this. Our back four causes problems for the back four all game.
I could cause problems for our back 4 and I'm thousands of miles away, suffering from man flu, physically unfit and lazy!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:24 pm

si2008 wrote:
thebish wrote:
would do a better job then knight,ream and mills
No he wouldn't. He would just give away free kicks and penalties until he got sent off.