Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Worthy's better class of transfer thread

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... cos-Alonso" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sky Sports sources understand Swansea City are interested in Bolton Wanderers defender Marcos Alonso.

The Premier League club are in the market for a left-back and could make a move in the January transfer window when it opens on Tuesday.

Swansea boss Michael Laudrup's son, Andreas, was a youth player at Real Madrid with Alonso.

And that has added to speculation the transfer could materialise in when the market opens in 2013.

Alonso, 22, joined Bolton in 2010 and could welcome the chance to return to the Premier League.
If we get anywhere between 1.5m & 2.5m for him I think we'd let him go... and then use the only money on trying to get Warnock.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Could be a tricky one for money, Is his deal nearly up? He might go for free if we're not careful.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

What!? I can only assume Saturday is the only game they've seen him in and even then, he wasn't that good. Anything above £500k and sell, sell, sell. In fact, immediately drop him (say the speculation has unsettled him) so they can't actually find out how bad he is.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:55 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:Could be a tricky one for money, Is his deal nearly up? He might go for free if we're not careful.
up in the summer
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Admitting I haven't seen much of Alonso lately (but has he been given much game time?), I always thought he was decent if not special. Can get forward, can cross and shoot, not frightened of putting his head in and has scored a couple of goals. Do we have so many left back options we can afford to lose him cheaply?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

tankcopters n aids
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tankcopters n aids » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Islam Feruz on loan.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 pm

tankcopters n aids wrote:Islam Feruz on loan.
An immature, trouble making nice person. Just what the doctor ordered. :roll:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Tombwfc wrote:What!? I can only assume Saturday is the only game they've seen him in and even then, he wasn't that good. Anything above £500k and sell, sell, sell. In fact, immediately drop him (say the speculation has unsettled him) so they can't actually find out how bad he is.
This!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:30 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:Could be a tricky one for money, Is his deal nearly up? He might go for free if we're not careful.
Sooner we get rid the better! him and everyone else

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sooner we get rid the better! him and everyone else
Which would leave us with a squad of ... well... none !!!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:30 pm

So we'd swap a 21 year old for a 31 year old? Not sure I share that logic. Alonso could have the potential to be worth a lot more than what we paid for him. I'm looking forward to seeing his progression over the next few weeks
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 pm

boltonboris wrote:So we'd swap a 21 year old for a 31 year old? Not sure I share that logic. Alonso could have the potential to be worth a lot more than what we paid for him. I'm looking forward to seeing his progression over the next few weeks

Prison probably
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:So we'd swap a 21 year old for a 31 year old? Not sure I share that logic. Alonso could have the potential to be worth a lot more than what we paid for him. I'm looking forward to seeing his progression over the next few weeks
This.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:53 am

Doesn't anyone remember Alonso being no better than Robbo in the prem? I wonder if he'd still be that rubbish at a higher level...then again if he can cut it in the championship I wouldn't let him go just yet.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:59 am

Well Worthy. The window's been open vitually 2 hrs now ... & what have we got to show for it ? Fck all, that's what.

I blame you !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 am

bobo the clown wrote:Well Worthy. The window's been open vitually 2 hrs now ... & what have we got to show for it ? Fck all, that's what.

I blame you !!
In fairness though, this thread always was domed though due to the fantastic and greatest ever previous thread.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:19 pm

jaffka wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Well Worthy. The window's been open vitually 2 hrs now ... & what have we got to show for it ? Fck all, that's what.

I blame you !!
In fairness though, this thread always was domed though due to the fantastic and greatest ever previous thread.
This
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10133604._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Developing footballers is probably the best method of building a club but if the club management still see promotion this season it won't work by buying league 1/2 players.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Relentless09 wrote:Developing footballers is probably the best method of building a club but if the club management still see promotion this season it won't work by buying league 1/2 players.
I see little reason for your statement that it won't work. Good players in league 1 and 2 are often overlooked by larger clubs in favour of buying expensive ready made reputations. In the case of BWFC, the point is that there is little money available but we need specifically two types of players; hard man central defenders with attitude and non shot-shy goalscorers.

DF will, no doubt, have scrutinised the attitude of some of the current first team players and concluded that what is missing is a hunger to succeed. He will get that from certain types of lower league players who are feeling their chances of playing at a higher level are running out.