5 Games to go

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: 5 Games to go

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Dougie appears to have instilled a winning mentality and also pulled off a Masterstroke in signing Medo.With a strong Wind and a proper BWFC Crowd behind us.!!Who Know,s..???

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Still think we'll come up short....just.....

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:3 wins could even just be enough.
Sorry don't see that. 4 wins is minimum.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:06 am

Can't help thinking it will come down to the last day. We will end up with us needing to beat Blackpool and needing Forest to beat Leicester or vise versa.

Squeaky bum time!

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:22 am

ChrisC wrote:Can't help thinking it will come down to the last day. We will end up with us needing to beat Blackpool and needing Forest to beat Leicester or vise versa.

Squeaky bum time!
Squeaky bum time for sure at all games from here to Blackpool.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:07 am

Seems 5th and 6th are a poison chalice. If we were to get into em the later the better! :D

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:39 am

It's going to take a minimum of 5 wins for me and anything other than that then we're relying on others to drop points unexpectedly. The last few weeks have given us hope so let's hope this isn't going to be a massive anti-climax COYWM
The Voice Of Reason

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:47 am

Salford Trotter wrote:It's going to take a minimum of 5 wins for me and anything other than that then we're relying on others to drop points unexpectedly. The last few weeks have given us hope so let's hope this isn't going to be a massive anti-climax COYWM
Can't see it being 5 wins needed. Form in the top 6 is nowhere near that hot.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:It's going to take a minimum of 5 wins for me and anything other than that then we're relying on others to drop points unexpectedly. The last few weeks have given us hope so let's hope this isn't going to be a massive anti-climax COYWM
Its dangerous to rule teams out at the stage but Leiceter's run in is going to prove their downfall. That then leaves us, Brighton and Forest to battle it out and with Brighton on paper having the `easist` run-in of the three then that leaves the last slot for us or Forest. They're 3 points ahead with a better goal difference (I think) so if that's the case the they have the proverbial extra point. They'd need to drop min 4 points for us to sneek through with 5 wins.
The Voice Of Reason

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Not the case that Forest are better placed than us goal difference wise, If we caught them points wise, we would quite likely have a better goal difference.

If we caught them!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Its dangerous to rule teams out at the stage but Leiceter's run in is going to prove their downfall. That then leaves us, Brighton and Forest to battle it out and with Brighton on paper having the `easist` run-in of the three then that leaves the last slot for us or Forest. They're 3 points ahead with a better goal difference (I think) so if that's the case the they have the proverbial extra point. They'd need to drop min 4 points for us to sneek through with 5 wins.
I think forest are on +7 and us +5. Could be wrong though.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Crystal Palace are in dreadful form too, wouldn't take much for them to fall out of the race!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
We could get five wins and still lose out if those above us do the same. Top six are not there on sheer luck. On our day we can beat any of them, off our day and lose the same way. As much depends on everybody else as us. Keep at it and hope. Comment on MOTD last night was that, not long ago we were in 20th place and now we're up there and chasing. Fat Lady's not even in practise mode yet.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:42 pm

I've just checked and Forest are 1 goal better off than we are so just need to better their results assuming Leicester drop away and Brighton better our results. Lots of twists and turns left I suspect
The Voice Of Reason

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:06 pm

DJBlu wrote:Seems 5th and 6th are a poison chalice. If we were to get into em the later the better! :D
I was thinking that but if we beat Bristol City and Cardiff beat Forest and Leicester fail to beat Birmingham then we be 6th on Saturday. Eek!
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 pm

scotty wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Seems 5th and 6th are a poison chalice. If we were to get into em the later the better! :D
I was thinking that but if we beat Bristol City and Cardiff beat Forest and Leicester fail to beat Birmingham then we be 6th on Saturday. Eek!
IF my auntie had B*llocks, she'd be my uncle !! :wink:
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:13 pm

One thing that is for sure is that form is vital at this end of the season and if we are to be promoted we probably need to keep the form going by only dropping a maximum of 5 points for the remainder of the season. If we do that then we should get in the play offs and I think are from will carry us thought to the premiership (domed). I think what has to be most important though is that we do not lose to Leicester, that could very much in essence be a 6 pointer so avoiding defeat is vital.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:29 pm

The only postive on Brightons' run in is that 3 of the games are away and the negative is that 4 of the 5 games are teams that don't have much to play for.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 pm

scotty wrote:
Fifth
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:The only postive on Brightons' run in is that 3 of the games are away and the negative is that 4 of the 5 games are teams that don't have much to play for.
Wolves and Peterborough certainly do.

Arguably Blackpool as well.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.