Wolves fan in peace

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jrhm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Wolves fan in peace

Post by jrhm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Just want a few views on Wolves fans yesterday, as well as the team. What were they like before, during & after the game? Were there any players who stood out or any who were particularly poor?

Good luck for the rest of the season and your promotion push.

Thanks in advance

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Wolves fan in peace

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:50 pm

I like Doyle
Your fans got wound up by a 45 year old Glaswegian pisscan - but not by the bloke dressed as a lion, which I guess is progress
First 35 minutes your lot were a shambles and 6 wouldn't have flattered us
Our keeper made the save of the day
Steven Hunt is a hunt, a cheating hunt

Oh yeah, you had 4 clowns with their tops off - embarrasing
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:11 pm

It looked to me like the smallest Wolves following I can remember at the Reebok but not too difficult to see why on that showing.

I like Doyle too. Always thought he was a class act but doesn't score enough and with Ebanks-Blake out I think there is every chance you could drop.

Hunt was a pain in the ar5e but at least he was busy and giving it his all. O'Hara was anonymous and your defence were at sixes & sevens, although thats the best we've played this season.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

gemchris1977
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gemchris1977 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 am

With my father in law being a Wolves fan this game was of particular interest to me so I will give you my point of view as I was at the game: -

On the game: - Wolves were very poor first half although our passing display was one of the best I have seen for a very long time at The Reebok. O'Hara and Davis (before injury) could not get to grips with our twin terrors of Medo and Spearing in midfield which allowed us to dominate. Your manager then changed from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 moved Stephen Hunt in midfield and Doyle out left with Cassidy up top on his own. From my point of view at one time I saw the best striker you have available near the linesman halfway inside your own half and I for one was happy for Doyle to be there and not in our box. At half time Doumbia came on for Cassidy with Hunt moving wide left and Doyle up top on his own. Although Wolves stemmed the waves of our attacks they were never a threat and Bogdan only had one save to make whilst we always looked a threat on the break.

On the Wolves players - Back four were awful marking was all over the place first half and Jack Robinson is awful Stepehn Ward needs to play there. Midfield got over run but other teams would not beable to do this against you so I wouldn't worry about that too much. As for your manager he thought he got it wrong in the first half by having Doyle playing wide left why have your best striker who is fit playing in a position where is not in the opposition box? took him till half time to dort that out. Your MOTM was your goalie whilst Hunt was busy as always.

On the Wolves fans - Booed their team off at HT and I cannot blame them then got wound up by John McGinlay although following was small for a club like Wolves and the distance to get there.

I don't think Wolves will go down I hope not from my point of view as it is like a home game to me when we play there but they have to perform better.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:18 pm

gemchris1977 wrote:I cannot blame them then got wound up by John McGinlay
What happened?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:19 pm

He did the half time draw like he does against them every year.. I missed it, myself. But I believe he gave them a sarcastic clap and he got a good boo-ing.. Top bloke
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

gemchris1977
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gemchris1977 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm

He did give them a sarcastic clap which was hugely funny

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:17 pm

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:18 pm

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Had some newbies sat in front of us on Sat, my dad joined in singing super, super John....they turned round and looked at him like he was stupid....I mean, come on!

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tripod » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:He did the half time draw like he does against them every year.. I missed it, myself. But I believe he gave them a sarcastic clap and he got a good boo-ing.. Top bloke

That man is my all-time hero :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Does Sordell know who he is yet?

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Does Sordell know who he is yet?
He probably follows him on Twitter.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....