Middlesbrough to the slaughter!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Re: Middlesbrough to the slaughter!

Post by PC1978 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
PC1978 wrote:Going to this one with a 'boro supporting mate of mine. Both in the home end. He said he was going to pretend to be a neutral and then go to the loo after every goal for a private cry or celebration depending on his beloved team's fortunes. However, he has since decided that their season is over and he is supporting us wholeheartedly instead. :shock:

I just hope he can get the same message to some of their players (and Cardiff and Blackpool's too!).
Good grief, their season is hardly over, there's still nine points available to put them on 67, which means that they still have a chance; slim I know, but it's not all over till the fat lady does her business. If we were boro and boro were us (if you see what I mean) I wouldn't have given up, yet.

I agree but I was just relaying what he said to me. It would be true enough to say that their fans' confidence is shot even after beating Forest.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Isdawson still here? Would give wheats a game with dawson to get him back in, where he fit?
As I understand it, Cardiff is his last game.
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Good grief, their season is hardly over, there's still nine points available to put them on 67, which means that they still have a chance; slim I know, but it's not all over till the fat lady does her business. If we were boro and boro were us (if you see what I mean) I wouldn't have given up, yet.
Results in 2013: LLLLLWLDLWLLLLDLLW. Imagine the stench round here if we'd had that.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 pm

I have a spare ticket for this one if a longstanding member wants to go and can collect from my house (Westhoughton) and return.

It's an U21 ticket but have borrowed it out a few times to people as old as 30 with no problems.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 pm

ChrisC wrote:I have a spare ticket for this one if a longstanding member wants to go and can collect from my house (Westhoughton) and return.

It's an U21 ticket but have borrowed it out a few times to people as old as 30 with no problems.
"borrowed it out" .... "BORROWED IT OUT" !?!?!?! :spank: :spank: :spank:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
ChrisC wrote:I have a spare ticket for this one if a longstanding member wants to go and can collect from my house (Westhoughton) and return.

Sorry :lol:

Is the wording not upto scratch? Or is it the fact I "borrowed it out"?

If it is the latter then I have no choice as my other half works some Saturdays and I have a 1 year old daughter.
Last edited by ChrisC on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Willy_Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Willy_Wanderer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm

About time we hammered a team isn't it??

3-0 victory for me on this one

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Get your vaccines everybody, there has been a massive measles outbreak in Boro.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

superkev
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by superkev » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Get your vaccines everybody, there has been a massive measles outbreak in Boro.
er....seriously?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Not massive but there has been an outbreak nearly as bad as that in Swansea as we will probably see whirling around the internet in the next couple of days. The figure I was quoted was "over 300".
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Due to stupid parents and an even more stupid doctor who faked a link to autism.

Aaaaaanyway. A nervous match with us struggling to break down their 11 men behind the ball. A late one nil winner and a huge collective sigh of relief not seen since the final whistle went shortly after Ricketts made it 2-1 with ten minutes left several years ago on his return.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Due to stupid parents and an even more stupid doctor who faked a link to autism.
Aaaaaanyway. A nervous match with us struggling to break down their 11 men behind the ball. A late one nil winner and a huge collective sigh of relief not seen since the final whistle went shortly after Ricketts made it 2-1 with ten minutes left several years ago on his return.
Agree with you on that but the one in south wales is a lot more worrying with 850 reported cases, by the time we make our trip to Cardiff it will be more like 1200 and the fact that they only have an uptake rate of 35% there for vaccinations is even more scary.

As for the Boro game I will go 1-0 whites.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:50 am

*Something about Ben Goldacre* the jail-dodging cnuts.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:53 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Isdawson still here? Would give wheats a game with dawson to get him back in, where he fit?
As I understand it, Cardiff is his last game.
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Good grief, their season is hardly over, there's still nine points available to put them on 67, which means that they still have a chance; slim I know, but it's not all over till the fat lady does her business. If we were boro and boro were us (if you see what I mean) I wouldn't have given up, yet.
Results in 2013: LLLLLWLDLWLLLLDLLW. Imagine the stench round here if we'd had that.

That'll be because Anthony is from the Columba school of 'mention 'good football' in every interview despite being a clueless wanker and see how far it gets you'. Literally, *factually* worse at managing than John fecking Barnes!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:47 am

ChrisC wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

If it is the latter then I have no choice as my other half works some Saturdays and I have a 1 year old daughter.
Its the wording, never understand why some people find being a pedantic grammar prefect is funny? ...whilst also disregarding your generous offer.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 am

This will be only the second home game this season I can't get to. The other was Cardiff so hoping my absence = home win. COYWM!!

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:22 am

white blood wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Its the wording, never understand why some people find being a pedantic grammar prefect is funny? ...whilst also disregarding your generous offer.
Is that a question?

very kind offer chris but i wont need you're ticket fanks

:wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Due to stupid parents and an even more stupid doctor who faked a link to autism.
and a stupid leader of the opposition (one David Cameron) who reinforced the scare over autism by calling on the government to offer the vaccines separately rather than support the government in maintaining the line that there was no real evidence for the link...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:09 pm

thebish wrote:
and a stupid leader of the opposition (one David Cameron) who reinforced the scare over autism by calling on the government to offer the vaccines separately rather than support the government in maintaining the line that there was no real evidence for the link...
Free online (69 page!) match programme here:

http://publ.com/hcFb2h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:22 pm

white blood wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

That and the fact that he's nowhere near as OLD as thirty!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:26 pm

white blood wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I'm not sure mixing up 'borrow' and 'lend' shouldn't be pointed out .... as a favour to the guy.

Yes Chris it's a fair & generous offer and suggesting you should be whipped for the above error is appaling of me ... please accept my apologies. :hang:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".