SKD off to Canada...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: SKD off to Canada...

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 12, 2013 9:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
seanworth wrote: I'm a huge KD fan, but regardless, doesn't he share some of the responsibility for not getting on the pitch in the final game, considering that the game was very meaningful right up to the end. It was only the result that made the game meaningless.
He didn't get on the bench, never mind the pitch and that decision was Dougie's not his. I still find it hard to believe he didn't do enough in training to be dropped for what, four games?
He didn't do enough to earn a contract at the end of last season. Not nearly enough but he still got one.

This season he simply didn't do enough.

He got a good send off and a fitting one. However he's been paid at the very least for 12 months and contributed very very little. Frankly I don't think his heart was in it. His motivation had gone.

I think he'd been included in squads by Dougie mainly out of respect and probably because young Eaves was getting experience. Then when Davies went on the radio and showed his lack of respect to the club and his wife did likewise on social media I suppose the club felt that it was time to move on. Eaves came back and took his place on the bench.

I don't think it's any great mystery. Before the announcement Davies was not involved all that much in terms of time on the pitch, odd sub appearance here and there, and I think that's how it would have stayed if he'd acted a little better about it. Lets not forget he was negotiating a move away from the club to Canada at one point. Dougie probably felt his mind wasn't in the right place.

I was glad he got the lap of applause but anything else would have been silly.
Amen.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 am

Shows what footballer's wives know about football.

The team's season has basically boiled down to five minutes and she wants her man to come on and wave goodbye to everyone who's being paying his very good wages for the past decade.

Reading between Dougies often confusing lines I thought his comment sabout 'Davies being contracted to the end of the season' and 'if he works hard he'll justify his place in the squad' were very loose code for 'he's doing f-all in training.'

I say we make a bid for Rooney.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon May 13, 2013 9:17 am

Jimminy Jillikers!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Shows what footballer's wives know about football.

The team's season has basically boiled down to five minutes and she wants her man to come on and wave goodbye to everyone who's being paying his very good wages for the past decade.

Reading between Dougies often confusing lines I thought his comment sabout 'Davies being contracted to the end of the season' and 'if he works hard he'll justify his place in the squad' were very loose code for 'he's doing f-all in training.'
The same lines I read between then Coffey.

Freedman is a stickler for a regime. To be frank, if I knew him personally I think I'd dislike him. He seems a truly soulless personality. But for running a football club in these times it takes that single-minded dedication I guess.

Unless I misinterpret it I think KD switched off after being told he wouldn't get an extension ... that'll have been during January. DF tried to hawk him round at that stage & KD said "no" to the options. That's fine ... & his right.

That fckg nonsense about being booted out on his birthday was exactly that ... fckg nonsense ... & KD was perfectly capable of stopping all that. He didn't. ... & Mrs KD then ran away with that one & commenced creating the mayhem that she's so good at.

It was clear that DF went into apparatchik mode and took the "I'll pick whoever deserves picking" line .... & subsequently didn't even have KD travel. Had we had nothing riding on those final games ... and had Davies' head been anywhere near the right place ... it would have been lovely to see him come on to a rapturous round of applause. But they did & he wasn't ... and he didn't.

It's clear to me that the person to blame was KD .... not DF & the motivator behind all that is that bitch of a wife of his.

Anyway ... that's history now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm pretty sure SKD said something along the lines of "It will be hard to go into training each day" during that fateful Talkshite interview. I remember because it instantly got my back up. The bloke was still being paid a fortune by the club and he states that publicly!?

When the dust settles I'm sure I'll remember him for the right reasons, it's just sad the way he and his other half decided to handle the whole affair.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Freedman sets a lot of store by performances in training. Can't say much against that. Had we ended the season in neutral mode there may have been an exception, but it seems it would have been based on emotion. Unless, of course, KD was training his heart out and DF had taken umbrage... but does anyone believe that?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Jimminy Jillikers!
8)

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:44 pm

This weekend with all the stuff about red nose reminded me the idea of no player is bigger than the club. Personally I wanted SKD to get a playing send off but if he threw his toys out of the pram, Dougie took the right decision to make an example out of him.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Freedman sets a lot of store by performances in training. Can't say much against that. Had we ended the season in neutral mode there may have been an exception, but it seems it would have been based on emotion. Unless, of course, KD was training his heart out and DF had taken umbrage... but does anyone believe that?
He could train his heart out and it wouldnt be good enough. He's been finished for a year.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Freedman sets a lot of store by performances in training. Can't say much against that. Had we ended the season in neutral mode there may have been an exception, but it seems it would have been based on emotion. Unless, of course, KD was training his heart out and DF had taken umbrage... but does anyone believe that?
I don't know, I think it's a bit easy to blame the outgoing player (and easier still to blame his wife).

Contrary to BWFCI's assertion that Davies was only getting the odd sub appearance here and there, Freedman used Davies in every game and started him in two of the three games directly before we told him we wouldn't be renewing his contract.

Now, whatever you think of Davies' performances, he was still the same player Dougie thought was of use prior to March 26th. Did Kev just give up overnight?

It's an odd situation and it's a shame for the club that it ended the way it did, not least because I think all things being equal Dougie would rather have had Davies coming off the bench with us needing a goal against Blackpool than Tom Eaves.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
I don't know, I think it's a bit easy to blame the outgoing player (and easier still to blame his wife).

Contrary to BWFCI's assertion that Davies was only getting the odd sub appearance here and there, Freedman used Davies in every game and started him in two of the three games directly before we told him we wouldn't be renewing his contract.

Now, whatever you think of Davies' performances, he was still the same player Dougie thought was of use prior to March 26th. Did Kev just give up overnight?

It's an odd situation and it's a shame for the club that it ended the way it did, not least because I think all things being equal Dougie would rather have had Davies coming off the bench with us needing a goal against Blackpool than Tom Eaves.
But equally in two games before those starts Davies didn't get onto the pitch.

He was being used sparingly.

And personally hearing about the way Dougie works and thinks, using a youngster ahead of Davies even at crucial moments is exactly the sort of thing I think he'd want to do, if he felt it was right,

And let's face it, Davies couldn't have done the job Eaves did when he came on as he simply didn't have the legs or pace to make that much of a nuisance of himself.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Davies couldn't have done the job Eaves did
Aye. He turned games on their heads, Tom Eaves did! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
He put himself about and made a nuisance of himself. Chased every ball down. What else could he do?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
He put himself about and made a nuisance of himself. Chased every ball down. What else could he do?
... a few choruses of "Daddy Cool" ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
To what effect? Did he score tons of goals? After all, Kevin Davies didn't.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Dougie must have taken exception in some way to SKD's attitude, he's hinted at it and also that the players weren't happy with him in some way. He was using him regularly (too much IMO) until the contract announcement and alleged strop. He didn't just suddenly deteriorate overnight. I think he'd have continued to use him til the end of the season, mainly from the bench. I don't think we lost anything by not having him on the bench although of course we'd all have loved to have seen him come on late against Blackpool and hit a winner. Stuff of fantasy rather than reality though.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon May 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Can we put this 'on his birthday' bollocks to bed
You only need to read the manipulative bints twatting in the weeks and months before
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2013 8:44 am

Tombwfc wrote:

None of us can say, but I find it very interesting that Freedman happily used a press conference to state (or rather reiterate) that players would be picked based upon how they did in training. That could be a cover for a grudge - like I say, we don't know.
Tombwfc wrote:I think all things being equal Dougie would rather have had Davies coming off the bench with us needing a goal against Blackpool than Tom Eaves.
I agree, all things being equal... but they obviously weren't.