SKD testimonial happening

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: SKD testimonial happening

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Hierro played today in the "legends" game at the redshite...hopefully he'll make a second trjp for this.
"Fernando Hierro, the famous, World-legend and ex-Bolton player". Is that how he was described ??
I reckon, probably, yes. Can't think of how else he'd have been introduced playing for Real Madrid legends. Who are they?

He was skipper too.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Not sure if anybody posted this, but here are the top 10 most memorable goals Davo scored for us.

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2013/03/26 ... goals.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

soulfuledge
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by soulfuledge » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:23 pm

I hope they pick a team to play against with some actual meaning to the occasion - having Jaaskelainen's against Hibernian was a bit farcical to be honest.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 am

I can't see Bayern Munich being up for it... And West Ham would shit on all over us now in all probability. It all depends on the other teams' match fee. As its Davo who'll have to fork out for it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 am

i reckon it'll be against Sheffiled Yooooonighted, Jimmy.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 am

or a glasbow team who will bring 8 billion fans.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 am

Out of interest, I wonder how many people would turn up if it was two Bolton XIs (of varying, perhaps mixed, vintage)? More or fewer than if it's against the Queen's Celtic or the Sheffield MetalPigs?

I mean, after 10 years at the club, he should have a fair few phone numbers. Sticking to BWFC alumni, who would you like to see? Let's have some line-ups, folks...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am

I'm unsure wether I'd go at all, regardless of who we were playing. It was about a fiver then I'd go.. But I'm not going to pay a tenner plus for a testimonial. They're shit.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am

And the whole leaving process made me lose an awful lot of respect for the man

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

Boris: That's fair enough, and there may be many who agree with either or both of your reasons and don't go. So the following isn't really for them, it's more for the definites and floating voters...

To see who he's played with, go to http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd ... Tabs=stats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and choose 2003/04 for his first season, then cycle through the next decade.

From that first season alone, there's Barness, Campo, Charlton, Djorkaeff, Frandsen, Gardner, Stelios, Nicky Hunt, Jaaskelainen, Laville, N'Gotty, Nolan, Okocha, Pedersen and Emerson Thome – surely they'd all get a warm hand on their entrance.

Add in subsequent signings like Les Ferdinand, Jaidi, Ben Haim, Diouuuuf, Al-Habsi, Borgetti, Faye, Meite, Anelka, McCann, Andy O'Brien, Steinsson, Matt Taylor, Cahill, Elmander, Paul Robinson, Petrov, Klasnic, Marcos Alonso and Reo-Cokerand you've got a fair few players who people might like to say a proper farewell to. Of course, they may not all be allowed/fit to play, and he may not like them all, but that's a right old spread of applaudees for the attendees.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:02 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Boris: That's fair enough, and there may be many who agree with either or both of your reasons and don't go. So the following isn't really for them, it's more for the definites and floating voters...

To see who he's played with, go to http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd ... Tabs=stats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and choose 2003/04 for his first season, then cycle through the next decade.

From that first season alone, there's Barness, Campo, Charlton, Djorkaeff, Frandsen, Gardner, Stelios, Nicky Hunt, Jaaskelainen, Laville, N'Gotty, Nolan, Okocha, Pedersen and Emerson Thome – surely they'd all get a warm hand on their entrance.

Add in subsequent signings like Les Ferdinand, Jaidi, Ben Haim, Diouuuuf, Al-Habsi, Borgetti, Faye, Meite, Anelka, McCann, Andy O'Brien, Steinsson, Matt Taylor, Cahill, Elmander, Paul Robinson, Petrov, Klasnic, Marcos Alonso and Reo-Cokerand you've got a fair few players who people might like to say a proper farewell to. Of course, they may not all be allowed/fit to play, and he may not like them all, but that's a right old spread of applaudees for the attendees.
As long as it's your warm hand...

I think they might shy away from putting out a "legends" team, for fear of embarrassment.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 am

Hope they don't just call one of the pre-season friendlies, against NAC Breda or some-such The SKD testimonial.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:I think they might shy away from putting out a "legends" team, for fear of embarrassment.
For whom? The auld fellas or the young bucks they'd destroy? Could be either: I mean, I'm sure Jay-Jay could still tie David Wheater into a pretzel, but I wouldn't fancy Barney's chances with a speedy teenage winger running at him.

But if both sides were mainly legends, playing at half-speed, that'd be a fitting tribute to SKD... :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:27 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I think they might shy away from putting out a "legends" team, for fear of embarrassment.
For whom? The auld fellas or the young bucks they'd destroy? Could be either: I mean, I'm sure Jay-Jay could still tie David Wheater into a pretzel, but I wouldn't fancy Barney's chances with a speedy teenage winger running at him.

But if both sides were mainly legends, playing at half-speed, that'd be a fitting tribute to SKD... :D
Young nippy winger, could only leg it past Barney, if the owd uns actually let them have the ball. :-)

I could see Dougie pointing out how well they'd done to keep it to 6 without the ball....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:30 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Not been to one since Frank Worthington's, which was exactly as you've described, and good fun. Much rather have that that a crap pre-season first team friendly, unless it's against really top-notch opposition who we don't normally play.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:01 am

Not that arsed, but if Campo gets his lazy arse in gear for it I'll be there.
I'm still a little bit in love with that crazy haired Spanish chancer.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 am

The Reebok is a duller place without a Campo.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

si2008
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: at my pc except on match days when i,m watching the whites

Post by si2008 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Kevin Davies outlines testimonial timeline
KEVIN Davies has announced that he will put plans for his testimonial into top gear once he sorts out which club he will be playing for next season.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... ne/?ref=mr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He wrote: “Lots of good selections, (Bayern) Munich at The Reebok seems to be the favourite! Would be nice to get some of the boys from the last ten years back.”

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 pm

If Campo is in it I'll pay whatever they ask!

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm

keveh wrote:If Campo is in it I'll pay whatever they ask!
From Campo to SKD
@Kevin__Davies and Sr.Davo,will be a BIG PLEASURE TO COME BACK AT REEBOK STADIUM AND TO PLAY IN YOUR TESTIMONIAL GAME.

SKDs Reply
@ivan_campo The fans will now be so happy my friend, i am looking forward to it already!!!

Nicky Hunt has apparently been on the phone wanting to join in aswell!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY