The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Players can get flights to places without going to sign for a club. Wednesday is usually the "day-off".
So you don't find it unusual for a boy from Dublin to be flying to the south coast of England on his day off? A fair commute for afternoon tea don't ya think?
Well I don't know. It's probably odd by your and my standards but then by a professional footballers standards? I don't know......
He looks like he's dressed for an interview?
Maybe if it was an interview for a swingers club or sommat. But he's not dressed for any sort of interview I've ever been to.

But anyhow footballers don't go to clubs for interviews.

What would the questions be? "So Mr Andrews could you explain to us a time when you faced a difficult situation on the pitch and how you resolved it?"

"Well I once had the ball in a tight spot in midfield and had two choices, pass it back to big Zat or knock it to Marcos Alonso, when he was still shit and all cowardly and that. Wasn't really sure what to do so I dithered a bit, went backwards a bit, dithered a bit more than decided safest decision was to pass it to one of theirs. They had a shot but it only hit the post so think I got it right. Gave it to Timmy Ream next time, but sadly they scored a second later, so guess you always trust your first instincts."

:grin:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:What would the questions be? "So Mr Andrews could you explain to us a time when you faced a difficult situation on the pitch and how you resolved it?"

"Well I once had the ball in a tight spot in midfield and had two choices, pass it back to big Zat or knock it to Marcos Alonso, when he was still shit and all cowardly and that. Wasn't really sure what to do so I dithered a bit, went backwards a bit, dithered a bit more than decided safest decision was to pass it to one of theirs. They had a shot but it only hit the post so think I got it right. Gave it to Timmy Ream next time, but sadly they scored a second later, so guess you always trust your first instincts."
:lmfao:

and then

:cry:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: What would the questions be? "So Mr Andrews could you explain to us a time when you faced a difficult situation on the pitch and how you resolved it?"

:oyea: genius!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:What would the questions be? "So Mr Andrews..........

Also :lol:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Somebody tweet Nixon please.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Somebody tweet Nixon please.

Someone already did this morning. The answer was maybe he was having flying lessons 8)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:02 pm

[quote="Dave Sutton's barnet"][quote="BWFC_Insane"]What would the questions be? "So Mr Andrews could you explain to us a time when you faced a difficult situation on the pitch and how you resolved it?"

God that's classic.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Just met my mate Keith for a sail around the Solent and a few beers. He says he can't wait for saturday.......................................

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Just met my mate Keith for a sail around the Solent and a few beers. He says he can't wait for saturday.......................................
Did you bump into some old git that said he was a top top player?

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Enoch wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:Just met my mate Keith for a sail around the Solent and a few beers. He says he can't wait for saturday.......................................
Did you bump into some old git that said he was a top top player?

funnily enough, I did. Chubby bloke walking a bulldog on the beach, muttering something about offering £97,000,0000 for N'Gog.....................

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:signed for Everton

Good luck, Bob Martin. :lol:
I would love him to go there. Fans across the city will be queueing up to give him the twatting that he deserves. :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:So apparently Moritz in, Sordell out on loan to Charlton. From Iles' twitter.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... Wanderers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sordell out on a loan is interesting. If he scores a panful (which he very well may) then we either get him back or charge a proper fee.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Good business all round. Beckford will get a bigger part to play initially than I thought.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Can't believe he's let Sordell go personally.
The lads a goalscorer. Never given a chance at bwfc.

I hope we end up with one more CF in.
Jury out on Beckford, Daveeeeeed doesn't score, Cavies is so so & Eaves is unproven.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:17 pm

If Sordell isn't settled then he will never perform for us in reality. Better to send him where he wants to be, hope he scores a shed load, and hopefully get our money back on him.

I think this means another forward is on the cards. A certain Jordon Rhodes would be nice if Eddie is feeling flush.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:19 pm

Dougie seems the sensible sort so i'm not too worried about this deal. Lets remember Sordell was a last minute buy, on premiership wages so if we can't promise him the full 90 minutes week in, week out then maybe the move is for the best. Would have been a tad gutted to see him sold as the lad has potential but hopefully this move will give the lad the playing time he wants and Dougie obviously seems to have a soft spot for Moritz.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 pm

Singing this Brazilian 'mon for me confirms no Spearing. He's the replacement in the squad for Holden, I would think.

Not sure how this fella AND Eagles can play in the same team?

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 pm

ChrisC wrote:If Sordell isn't settled then he will never perform for us in reality. Better to send him where he wants to be, hope he scores a shed load, and hopefully get our money back on him.

I think this means another forward is on the cards. A certain Jordon Rhodes would be nice if Eddie is feeling flush.
Tbh I think we'll stick with N'Gog/Davies/Beckford up front with Odelusi and Eaves as primary back up.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 pm

ChrisC wrote:If Sordell isn't settled then he will never perform for us in reality. Better to send him where he wants to be, hope he scores a shed load, and hopefully get our money back on him.

No way on God's green Earth are we getting Rhodes.

If we can raise £3m it should go on Dawson ... end of story, Shirley.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Singing this Brazilian 'mon for me confirms no Spearing. He's the replacement in the squad for Holden, I would think.

Not sure how this fella AND Eagles can play in the same team?
... AND Mavies in due course.