The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Re: The "Nothing to see here"Transfer thread

Post by Norpig » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:52 am

Andrews will not play for Bolton again this season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23638778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He may do well at Brighton hopefully well enough for them to stump up some cash in May!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:12 am

Norpig wrote:Andrews will not play for Bolton again this season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23638778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He may do well at Brighton hopefully well enough for them to stump up some cash in May!
Brighton boss Oscar Garcia said: "He is a player with experience at the top level of the English game and international football - including World Cups and European Championships.

"Keith is a player who I know will enjoy the way we like to play. He is a dynamic and energetic player."
You do have to wonder exactly how much this manager can possibly know about Andrews having arrived in the country a couple of month ago.

Still, I get the feeling Andrews is a decent professional who just gets on with things. He wasn't going to get past Medo, Spearing, Pratley or even Vela when fit I think. ... and, of course, Stewie will be back in the new year.

Good luck to him.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:13 am

Brighton aren't paying all his wages though. I suppose a chunk is better than none.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:17 am

Norpig wrote:Andrews will not play for Bolton again this season

Good move for Andrews and good business for us wages wise.
Regarding Wheater and Knight, they are far from perfect but in a sytem which defends deep and ha a couple of DMs infront of them they should be adequate.They're both decent in the air and the system should help avoid them being exposed for pace in one on ones.I've always rated Wheater and it's good to have his threat on set pieces again. In real terms you'd have to lay out at least 3 mil for a ready made improvement on either and we dont appear to have that money handy at present.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:22 am

What's interesting is that Coyle, who has so far recruited 10 players to Wiggin this summer hasn't looked at Andrews, Mills, Wheater or any other of the players he saw as the answer to our problems last year.

... & yes, I do have a bit of an obsession with the guy. Sorry.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:24 am

bobo the clown wrote:What's interesting is that Coyle, who has so far recruited 10 players to Wiggin this summer hasn't looked at Andrews, Mills, Wheater or any other of the players he saw as the answer to our problems last year.

He did enquire after Spearing. iTK.

I will let your imagination work out what Jay's response was.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:25 am

bobo the clown wrote:What's interesting is that Coyle, who has so far recruited 10 players to Wiggin this summer hasn't looked at Andrews, Mills, Wheater or any other of the players he saw as the answer to our problems last year.

Probably feels they were all on too high a wage to justify signing though all clearly quality players who would walk into most lower prem teams :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:27 am

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:

Probably feels they were all on too high a wage to justify signing though all clearly quality players who would walk into most lower prem teams :)
Well he's told Wigan fans that he has a much better squad of players there than he had here. And much more money to spend. So what could possibly go wrong?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Well he's told Wigan fans that he has a much better squad of players there than he had here. And much more money to spend. So what could possibly go wrong?

Bolton/Wigan at the bok will be interesting.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

by your predictions - not much! didn't you predict wiggin to be in the top 6?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Has he? any links? would love to have a gander
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:47 pm

mcflykyle182 wrote:Brighton aren't paying all his wages though. I suppose a chunk is better than none.
Source, friend?
Loyal White wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Loyal White wrote:I'd love Dawson back, I know he wants to come back here. Just whether we could sort something on the financials.
Hasn't it long been rumoured that he wants to move back to the North West anyway? I think the main two problems are the fee, as you mentioned, and that he has publicly said he'd prefer PL action.
His main motivation is to find somewhere who wants him, he doesnt think Clarke rates him. Of course he'd like Premierleague football but he loved his time here and given the opportunity he'd jump at the chance to come back in my opinion.
Mate of mine, a Dale fan, is a friend of Daws - a good enough friend that he got comps to watch Craig play for us and WBA last season.

Daws really enjoyed his time here but wants to prove himself - ideally at West Brom, preferably in the Premier. You have to remember he needs visibility: in early May he turned 23, so although he could play in this summer's U21 catastrophe - because he was 21 when qualification started – his England career is now over unless Hodgson calls him up to the seniors, which is doubtful if he's in the Baggies' stiffs or even in the Championship.

That said, I don't think it's beyond reason that if by late August Clarke isn't picking him, we might get him on a long-term, perhaps with a loose arrangement to buy if we go up. He's a sensible bloke and if it looks like we might be the way to get him noticed in a season's time - the Gary Cahill route - we might be able to persuade him, and West Brom.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

He did enquire after Spearing. iTK.

I will let your imagination work out what Jay's response was.
This season, or last?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
mcflykyle182 wrote:Brighton aren't paying all his wages though. I suppose a chunk is better than none.
Source, friend?
Loyal White wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Loyal White wrote:I'd love Dawson back, I know he wants to come back here. Just whether we could sort something on the financials.
Hasn't it long been rumoured that he wants to move back to the North West anyway? I think the main two problems are the fee, as you mentioned, and that he has publicly said he'd prefer PL action.
His main motivation is to find somewhere who wants him, he doesnt think Clarke rates him. Of course he'd like Premierleague football but he loved his time here and given the opportunity he'd jump at the chance to come back in my opinion.
Mate of mine, a Dale fan, is a friend of Daws - a good enough friend that he got comps to watch Craig play for us and WBA last season.

Daws really enjoyed his time here but wants to prove himself - ideally at West Brom, preferably in the Premier. You have to remember he needs visibility: in early May he turned 23, so although he could play in this summer's U21 catastrophe - because he was 21 when qualification started – his England career is now over unless Hodgson calls him up to the seniors, which is doubtful if he's in the Baggies' stiffs or even in the Championship.

That said, I don't think it's beyond reason that if by late August Clarke isn't picking him, we might get him on a long-term, perhaps with a loose arrangement to buy if we go up. He's a sensible bloke and if it looks like we might be the way to get him noticed in a season's time - the Gary Cahill route - we might be able to persuade him, and West Brom.
Don't want to get into a "my day's harder than your dad" type argument, but my Daws info comes via the same means as yours. I just hope we can find a way to get him back here.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:47 pm

@MarcIles: DF in top form when asked about Craig Dawson chant after Reading draw: "I didn't start it... but I did join in!" Top stuff. #BWFC

I love Dougie :lol:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:51 pm

ChrisC wrote:@MarcIles: DF in top form when asked about Craig Dawson chant after Reading draw: "I didn't start it... but I did join in!" Top stuff. #BWFC

:lol:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Sorry to come over all Bobo, but Owen - Who's bloody fault is that?
:evil:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
ChrisC wrote:@MarcIles: DF in top form when asked about Craig Dawson chant after Reading draw: "I didn't start it... but I did join in!" Top stuff. #BWFC

:lol:
I must say that is brilliant.

Can't imagine Megson or Coyle making that quip.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:56 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Has he? any links? would love to have a gander

Ok maybe not

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Honestly the only reason i can see for why we haven't signed a CB is because we have shipped anyone out.... Dougie said he needed to work on a 1 in 1 out type basis.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY