Tuesday's Trip to Tranmere

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Tuesday's Trip to Tranmere

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 pm

GMR working online....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Bell Baggie? An Aussie cricketer? and....Ohhhhh Moritz delays too long after great work by Youngs. Knight clears and the ref denies a foul on Baptiste. Pratley charges forward but only a throw results. Knight has to lob it back to Lonergan and....it's penalties...Oh shxt...

Normal service will be resumed in five minutes (providing we score more than them). I'll wait till it's over.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Last time we had a penalty shoot out?


Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 pm

5 Live (online) still saying it "might go to penalties". Wonder if BWFC twitter will be quicker.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Go on then - while we're waiting, how about everyone throw in an internet fiver and predict the 5 takers.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Bell Baggie? An Aussie cricketer? and....Ohhhhh Moritz delays too long after great work by Youngs. Knight clears and the ref denies a foul on Baptiste. Pratley charges forward but only a throw results. Knight has to lob it back to Lonergan and....it's penalties...Oh shxt...

Normal service will be resumed in five minutes (providing we score more than them). I'll wait till it's over.
Don't stop now!!! :whack:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC90 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 pm

well on the positive side we had two disallowed and one off the line

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Errm...well we lost

One game before a two week break

We go into that without a win and im forgetting this website exists

Sort it out dougie. And quick.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Time to concentrate on the league then. Plenty of work needed on the training ground this week.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:23 pm

You know .... I can't be arsed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Time to concentrate on the league then. Plenty of work needed on the training ground this week.
Pfffft. FA Cup?????? Nailed on.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Site been down for me right from finish time. Was so sick anyway after the aunt sally contest I'd only have moaned ceaselessly. Same old same old as official decisions go against us, but that doesn't excuse two penalty misses.Okay, one was saved, but they didn't even need to take all five. Can't call them for trying to take it to us all night, but we're supposd to be the team with quality and it didn't sound that way at all. They had more crosses than a Spartacus film tonight, and a player almost as old as him and they still beat us.

Ah well, on with the motley. We really mustn't lose to our good friends and neighbours from the dark pond at weekend. Time to start playing a bit lads. Looks like we'll be wearing the day-glo orange nightshirts again too. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 am

Penalties here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lBDncL9Xlo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 am

Do people still want to make excuses for Freedman? I'm not bothered that we're out of this competition but the way we play is awful. Yeah, it was a weakened team for us but pretty much every player on show for us would walk into their first 11, yet we were still tactically outclassed. Hopeless defending and we're entirely reliant on individual skill from players like Moritz, Eagles or Mark Davies to create goals. I feel mostly for our strikers, who have a massive burden being on them to win matches and yet when they don't, they get criticised despite our whole attacking set-up being woefully bad, which means they get barely any chances.

'Next Allardyce'? Ha. Try Sammy Lee and the comparisons would be far closer to the truth.

I honestly think it was a poor decision to give the job to Freedman. I don't think he's a good manager and I'm sick of hearing this nonsense about "fitness" and "youth". I've heard it all before and they were merely buzz words then and they are from Freedman too. He's not particularly good in the transfer window and he seems oblivious to what goes on each week, and instead bangs on about 'how the fans can see how we're trying to play'. Yeah, by hanging on by our nails defensively each week, against teams we should be thrashing, and creating a goalscoring chance every 15 games for our strikers?

Freedman hasn't done enough to be sacked yet but his aim is to get us promoted, which he isn't anywhere near good enough to do, so he'll get sacked before the end of the season. I just hope it's not too late for a better manager to come in and try to salvage something for us. Hopefully the next manager we get is more proven than Freedman, whose reputation rested almost entirely upon beating the weakest possible United team in an irrelevant competition. If he did get sacked after tonight, I'd be pleased because the only chance we have of going up is without him at the helm. It's just not going to happen and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:42 am

Enoch wrote:I'm sick of reading this nonsense.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 am

Team, players, tactics, form, manager and fans still seem to be in a total mess and not all on the same side. It's going to be a hard long season, can't see promotion but also can't see relegation just mid table mediocrity! So sad :(

I used to criticise Sam's tactics at the end but at least we had fun and hope in those days, but not now and for quite a few seasons. We are obviously dooooooomed to suffer a further period of miscontent as I'm not sure if any manager could do much with what appears to be a total shower of a group of players!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Beg pardon, they've just brought on Abdulai Bell-Baggie, a free signing from Salisbury.

You can get some blue tablets from the doctor for that...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:08 am

The guy on sky sports news said the words "Boltons defence is at sixes and sevens" about 5 times. We only went to him 7.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 am

Shambolic yet again from Freedman & the players, he's fast becoming clueless mk2 - Blackburn is now a massive game for both Freedman & the fans, who are already becoming very frustrated, there is absolutely no sign of any improvement and we are going backwards.

I'm actually not bothered about losing in the league cup but this was a Tranmere side almost bottom of league 1 who had lost 5-0 at the weekend and were down to the absolute bare bones with a 41 year old in the side, and they ran us ragged in the 1st half.

At least we can concentrate on avoiding relegation now....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 am

Made a late decision to go last night. Regretting it now. Arrived to see Wheater on the floor with two physios crouched round him including Mark Leather. Became apparent that he'd hurt his knee as they were flexing it and rubbing it. Hopefully it is not too serious. Wheater walked off without limping. But then given our apparent luck at the minute....

As for the game we were dreadful for the first hour. When Beckford and Moritz came on we should have won it. They turned the game though Moritz clearly a way off fitness.

People aren't going to like this but the game merely highlighted how our squad is far too weak. In depth and quality. Simply put our strongest 11 is fine, below that we have very little indeed. So one or two injuries and we are in big trouble as we've found out already this season.

Mears and Mills both did reasonably well. But then it was Tranmere....

Hall is good on the ball but end product was lacking. He will be a useful sub but not a starter based on last night.

Eaves clearly has ability but feck me he doesn't know how to use it. Wrong runs, wrong lay offs, wrong passes. Also got knocked about like a rag doll at times.

Odelusi tried hard. Has a turn of pace and is direct. Beat his full back once then tried the same trick time and time again. Sub at best.

Vela did ok. Nice on the ball. Too lightweight to make a real impact for me.

The senior players of Knight, Pratley and Medo were all poor. Knight went walkabout for their goal (as usual) then did his usual punts upfield. Medo tried but his passing wasn't up to it. Pratley was the same, lots of running, couldn't pass for toffee.

Baptiste looked out of position at left back.

Mears and Mills probably did their cases for inclusion some good. Mears was good going forwards, but got beaten too easily a couple of times. Not a great defender but a threat on the overlap.

We probably just deserved to win the game. Eaves' shot looked to have crossed the line and I'd like to see the two offside goals again. That wouldn't have disguised how weak our squad is though. Or how our injury list is becoming a massive issue.

We are in a period where everything seems to be going against us. If we can get the majority fit and playing we will get results. But the gods don't seem to want that to happen.

In the meantime if we don't strengthen the squad I'm afraid the season will hinge on key players being fit. And frankly that is not a recipe for promotion.

We are short. Irrespective of who is in charge we are short. And our backups not being able to beat a Tranmere side missing 6 first teamers only highlights that.