What do we do?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Re: What do we do?

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Drugs?
Crippling negativity?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:19 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:bogdan - keeper
mears - reinstated as RB to provide a more natural attack threat & has good link up with eagles
knight - I know but don't think he's as bad as made out
mills - want to see this guy given a run.
tierney - thought he's looked promising
eagles - wide right
spearing - CM -more defensive of two
pratley -CM - licence to push forward
ream - left mid. being naturally left footed will help & given tierney is quite good getting forward will provide defensive cover
ngog - target man, first line of midfield defence
beckford - got to run the channels/ find the space/ score the goals

thats it. must admit I'd prefer more the barca press rather than the rorkes drift seige approach in a tactical sense - basically impose ourselves.

ok a few problems

ream is not a left mid however you look at it

beckford cant run both flanks while finding space and scoring goals ( cristiano ronaldo would struggle)

why cant ream do that. naturally left sided which will give us balance & fill the yawning chasm we have had on that side. reasonably composed on ball, neat with possession and fabled to be quick. also looking at it as more of a combo with Tierney.

wasn't expecting beckford to cross it and head in the cross. running channels is exactly what he does - the gap between centre half and full back or between centre halves

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:20 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:
Crippling negativity?
On my part no. Your post did come across as being substance assisted though...

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:26 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:
mears - reinstated as RB to provide a more natural attack threat & has good link up with eagles
eagles - wide right
ream - left mid. being naturally left footed will help & given tierney is quite good getting forward will provide defensive cover

thats it. must admit I'd prefer more the barca press rather than the rorkes drift seige approach in a tactical sense - basically impose ourselves.
ok a few problems

beckford cant run both flanks while finding space and scoring goals ( cristiano ronaldo would struggle)

why cant ream do that. naturally left sided which will give us balance & fill the yawning chasm we have had on that side. reasonably composed on ball, neat with possession and fabled to be quick. also looking at it as more of a combo with Tierney.

wasn't expecting beckford to cross it and head in the cross. running channels is exactly what he does - the gap between centre half and full back or between centre halves

while having a former centre back playing CDM for us is a great idea retrofitting him to left mid because hes left footed is a little bit much in my opinion, soon we will have a medo right defensive mid spearing central cdm and ream left defensive mid.

is the way forward really with 7 defenders?

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:
Crippling negativity?
On my part no. Your post did come across as being substance assisted though...
i dont do drugs whatsoever so find it very insulting you should say that.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:34 pm

At least you weren't called a plum!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Are you insulted this easily in real life? :shock:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Enoch wrote:At least you weren't called a plum!
Shut it you lemon :wink:

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Are you insulted this easily in real life? :shock:
calling someone a druggy isnt insulting to you then?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:
eagles - wide right

ok a few problems

while having a former centre back playing CDM for us is a great idea retrofitting him to left mid because hes left footed is a little bit much in my opinion, soon we will have a medo right defensive mid spearing central cdm and ream left defensive mid.

is the way forward really with 7 defenders?
quite difficult to debate with someone who re-interprets and recasts what I've said. My line up does not equate to 7 defenders !?
In every match this season there has been an issue in terms of width - and it has had a negative effect on both our attacking and defensive play. Burnley and qpr were particularly bad examples of were the oppo FBs had the freedom of the park to advance to our 18 yard line and swing crosses in. In an attacking sense on those occasions when someone has actually occupied the left midfield space they have inevitably cut back in-field or gone backwards. It might be very simplistic but it does make a difference as to which foot you naturally use. Tierney is the only person who has got forward and got decent crosses in. Without wanting to repeating myself I'm looking at the combo and think it is worth a look

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:
I didn't say you were a druggie. Calm down and read it again.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:

In Fact, Take a chill PILL !!! :wink:
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:

In Fact, Take a chill PILL !!! :wink:
:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 am

I like drugs. I don't think we've optimised on drugs yet. A bit of cheating, but nothing easily detectable, things like EPO, and adrenaline injections directly into the pineal gland.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:19 am

What do we do?

We let Freedman get on with his job while we sit back and enjoy the ride, however bumpy it may get from time to time
Sto ut Serviam

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:What do we do?

We let Freedman get on with his job while we sit back and enjoy the ride, however bumpy it may get from time to time
Why should any of us have faith in Freedman's ability as a manager? He has one of the lowest win percentages in the league and during our best run of results, we were very lucky to get as many points as we did. We've never played well under Freedman and he hasn't got the most out of the players, so why should we stick with him? He didn't do a particularly great job for Palace either, which is why many of their fans wanted him to be sacked before having a short good run.

If we beat Leeds, I guarantee there'll be a bunch of posters who come on here and make "I told you so" comments towards those who doubt Freedman. A win would be great, no doubt, but surely nobody actually believes that we're going up under Freedman? We're only going to stagnate and become an average Championship side if he stays with us in the long term because he's nowhere near good enough as a manager.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Freedman isn't Coyle. Keep up.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:44 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:

Why should any of us have faith in Freedman's ability as a manager? He has one of the lowest win percentages in the league and during our best run of results, we were very lucky to get as many points as we did. We've never played well under Freedman and he hasn't got the most out of the players, so why should we stick with him? He didn't do a particularly great job for Palace either, which is why many of their fans wanted him to be sacked before having a short good run.

If we beat Leeds, I guarantee there'll be a bunch of posters who come on here and make "I told you so" comments towards those who doubt Freedman. A win would be great, no doubt, but surely nobody actually believes that we're going up under Freedman? We're only going to stagnate and become an average Championship side if he stays with us in the long term because he's nowhere near good enough as a manager.
I don 't think he's saying we should, just that he's going nowhere so let's just see what happens. You may be right in the long run but there's no point keep going on about sacking him because it isn't going to happen for the foreseeable future.
You never know he might just turn results round, he's done it before with us and Palace. Doubt we'll be seeing much in the way of entertainment though, so if results don't improve significantly then he'll have to go. Exciting attacking football can mitigate results for a while, but Freedman won't have that luxury.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

I don 't think he's saying we should, just that he's going nowhere so let's just see what happens. You may be right in the long run but there's no point keep going on about sacking him because it isn't going to happen for the foreseeable future.
You never know he might just turn results round, he's done it before with us and Palace. Doubt we'll be seeing much in the way of entertainment though, so if results don't improve significantly then he'll have to go. Exciting attacking football can mitigate results for a while, but Freedman won't have that luxury.
Fair enough, mate.

Just out of interest, if we did lose to Leeds and Derby, would you support Freedman being sacked? And if not, how many more poor results would it take?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote: wasn't expecting beckford to cross it and head in the cross.
Why not? KD was expected to win the headers, cross the ball then bang it in the net. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?