Development Squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Development Squad

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:How did Medo and Holden look playing together?
I didnt go myself but got a brief summary of my son and daughter who went so I can't comment on how they played sadly. I think we'll seen soon enough though when they turn out for the first team
The Voice Of Reason

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 am

Is Mills returning from injury or is he just in the reserves for being shit?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 am

Jez wrote:Is Mills returning from injury or is he just in the reserves for being shit?
On the comeback.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Looks like Stu, Mavies and Wheater will be available for the next match.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Beat Norwich 2 - 0 this afternoon but other than those mentioned in the brief report, Mills, Eaves, Blakeman, no other info on the team:

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/unde ... 64587.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am

BUMP!

We're playing Man U reserves on Monday night at Salford Rugby's new gaff under Barton Bridge (M60). Anyone interested in going? Kick off is at 7.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:BUMP!

We're playing Man U reserves on Monday night at Salford Rugby's new gaff under Barton Bridge (M60). Anyone interested in going? Kick off is at 7.
That's like giving money to one set of red-shite, to watch another set of red-shite and us.

(With apols in advace to Salford Trotter) :-)

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 pm

I'll report back later on whether or not a couple of the young bastards from United could do a job ahead of our current crop of senior pricks. I'd guess around 3 or 4 could.

:hang:

Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Stream available if anyone's interested.http://firstrowuk1.eu/watch/207991/2/wa ... ,-u21.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Usual biases rags commentary, we played well in 1st 1/2 but now 2.1 down.

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Knight on the subs bench tonight!

Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Final Score 4:! . Capitulated a bit in the second half - wouldn't mind Lingard on loan!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 am

The future doesn't look great. These lads play too much Pro-Ev/Fifa. Pass & move, it's an easy game. Too many times our young pups tried to take their man on and dribble in silly situations. I've never seen a central midfielder give the ball away as many times as Josh Vela last night and Jan Gregus next to him was barely any better, although he did do a couple of piercing through balls which were impressive.

Tom Eaves still tries to control a looping/bouncing ball with the sole of his boot. Until that stops he'll never progress. It's like he's still 11. Pretty fecking embarrassing if you ask me.

The lad we signed from Sheff Weds, Hayden White, is a glorified sprinter. He doesn't know how to get his big, lanky frame into position in order to control the ball in a way that makes whateverhewantstodonext easier. Very quick, got back to make the odd last ditch tackle here and there at the cost of a corner. But that's not what good defending is about, primarily, is it?

The lad we signed from Millwall, Conor Wilkinson (sp), will never effect a game of football until he is willing and confident enough to do ANYTHING with his weaker (right) foot other than stand on it. He had chances to kick it, pass it, cross it, with his right foot, but always thought better of it and their lads nipped in and whatever momentum he had, was gone. Wilkinson did score. He could have slid it in with his right had he wanted to but instead dragged it back onto his left (narrowly avoided being tackled!) and smashed it in.

Tom Youngs missed a penalty. It was very poor. He won the penalty, clearly wanted to take it despite the odd protestation from a couple of the lads (Gregus seemed to be the Dead-Ball man, he'd earlier hit the bar with a 25-yard free kick), and then fluffed his line. Other than that he was very quick, nimble but with no real eye for a pass. Second half completely ineffective.

Chris Lester down the right was ineffective in both halves.

Now, in the second half they did something, tactically, which outfoxed our lot and paid dividends. Their No.10 Adnan Januzaj
came in from the wing and dictated the game from the middle of the park. He was unplayable. United pinched him from Belgium when he was 16. He's 18 now and was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. He delivered a free-kick which was pretty much undefendable. They scored an easy glancing header from it - a chance even Craig Davies couldn't miss if it hit his bulky shoulder. He didn't over-hit or under-hit any passes. He was bob-on.

Gutted. Fullarton stopped shouting at the lads in the second half. He didn't know how to deal with their shift in formation.

:hang:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

What an encouraging picture we are all painting, senior shithouses or useless kids. I was looking forward to this season as well! It can't get any worse, can it?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 am

... but generally Hotdog, it was OK. Yes ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:24 am

bobo the clown wrote:... but generally Hotdog, it was OK. Yes ??
It was a good laugh. Jack Barmby, Nicky's son, has a typical 'third division' haircut and flash boots to match & United also have a player called Donald Love.

I guess the one thing to glean from last night is that Samni Odelusi wasn't involved, meaning he's in line for a role for the first-team tonight against Derby.

Of that 11 last night, very few will make any sort of impact at first team level this season or next. Eaves, the great, big (lummox) hope was woeful against decent defenders.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
It was a good laugh. Jack Barmby, Nicky's son, has a typical 'third division' haircut and flash boots to match & United also have a player called Donald Love.

I guess the one thing to glean from last night is that Samni Odelusi wasn't involved, meaning he's in line for a role for the first-team tonight against Derby.

Of that 11 last night, very few will make any sort of impact at first team level this season or next. Eaves, the great, big (lummox) hope was woeful against decent defenders.
Yep. And that was very much the picture from the Tranmere game too.

Eaves and Vela both have talent. But I suspect neither are quite up to being decent or even average championship players just yet.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Yep. And that was very much the picture from the Tranmere game too.

Eaves and Vela both have talent. But I suspect neither are quite up to being decent or even average championship players just yet.
interesting - and (it seems) going backwards...

back in April, Dougie said this:
Dougie wrote:I’ve said I’m trying to get younger players in, Josh Vela came in (against Leicester) and did fantastic – Tom Eaves came on at the end because I feel we've got to go with the unknown a little bit. Tom could be a surprise package for us and we've just got to get him on the pitch as often as we can to move things forward.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:03 pm

thebish wrote:
interesting - and (it seems) going backwards...

back in April, Dougie said this:
Dougie wrote:I’ve said I’m trying to get younger players in, Josh Vela came in (against Leicester) and did fantastic – Tom Eaves came on at the end because I feel we've got to go with the unknown a little bit. Tom could be a surprise package for us and we've just got to get him on the pitch as often as we can to move things forward.
The amount of injuries Vela has had have hurt his progress I suspect.

Eaves needs games IMO, hasn't played nearly enough football for a player of his age. But I'm not sure he is good enough to be chucked into a struggling side at this level. So I don't know where that leaves him right now.

Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Seamus' good leg wrote:Final Score 4:! . Capitulated a bit in the second half - wouldn't mind Lingard on loan!
I thank you!....... - having said that & listening to the game at City - I suspect United wouldn't mind having back either!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Playing Rovers tonight. 1-0 up already through Clough.

A Knight on the bench. Not THE Knight though.