By Hove!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: By Hove!

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 am

apparently..
dougie wrote:We have shown today that we have the capability to win football matches and we played well in the first half but we gave the game away within 11 minutes of the second half.
and it seems that for once we DO have a plan B - and we're now going for plan B (which kinda suggests that the original plan (A?) was not about bringing in new players or gaining some momentum...)
dougie wrote:We might need to bring in one or two different types of characters. That’s the plan B – we have to go and get some in to try and get some momentum.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 am

meanwhile...
Marc Tierney wrote:We need to put everything else aside and be big and brave because we are men at the end of the day.
:D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 am

thebish wrote:meanwhile...
Marc Tierney wrote:We need to put everything else aside and be big and brave because we are men at the end of the day.
Personally I'd make Tierney captain.

Did a decent interview and has been around enough. Seems to have some bottle too!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:13 am

This one got me....

“They have to make sure they work harder in the game, maybe communicate a bit better and talk to each other and rally around"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Did a decent interview and has been around enough. Seems to have some bottle too!
last month you said that Freedman had no option at all other than to make Knight captain!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:meanwhile...

Oh well, captain material and no mistake on that criteria. Dear me!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

last month you said that Freedman had no option at all other than to make Knight captain!
He was the logical choice. As he's been dropped he no longer becomes the logical choice. And the situation is different now.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He was the logical choice. As he's been dropped he no longer becomes the logical choice. And the situation is different now.
:conf:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:40 am

bobo the clown wrote:As is often the case a1 I'm not entirely sure what you've written there. Concentrating on McGinley's remarks he seems to say that those fans are an embarrassment to BWFC. I agree with that.
yeah, but john mcginlay does it when it suits him. that column he had in the bolton was always fecking moaning about folk involved at bolton every week.

i'm surprised it werent called "john mcginlay- your official megson out column" or "john mcginlay - we'll stay up coz coyle's my mate"

its cos they're not being paid by 'em now. kevin davies did it (general shitstiring on the radio) whiile still there. its a shitbag move you'd expect from someone like , say, zat knight who just laughs with his mates all the time, and not fan favourites and long termers.

he's owen coyle's new 'fat kitman' stealing a job off someone who's better.

it might not be him, but, seems to fit.

if they make medo captain , or get some nutcase in and make him captain, these outsider comments might stop. dont know why really , but i suppose its similar reasoning to why folk didnt like zat as captain.

the 'inside the club' noises say he's sortin' it out. and the megson out vibe is from people that dont like him , presumably coz he hates wasters like colin mcgreavy.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:51 am

But you do agree that those fans were/are a disgrace ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:53 am

a1 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:As is often the case a1 I'm not entirely sure what you've written there. Concentrating on McGinley's remarks he seems to say that those fans are an embarrassment to BWFC. I agree with that.
yeah, but john mcginlay does it when it suits him. that column he had in the bolton was always fecking moaning about folk involved at bolton every week.

i'm surprised it werent called "john mcginlay- your official megson out column" or "john mcginlay - we'll stay up coz coyle's my mate"

its cos they're not being paid by 'em now. kevin davies did it (general shitstiring on the radio) whiile still there. its a shitbag move you'd expect from someone like , say, zat knight who just laughs with his mates all the time, and not fan favourites and long termers.

he's owen coyle's new 'fat kitman' stealing a job off someone who's better.

it might not be him, but, seems to fit.

if they make medo captain , or get some nutcase in and make him captain, these outsider comments might stop. dont know why really , but i suppose its similar reasoning to why folk didnt like zat as captain.

the 'inside the club' noises say he's sortin' it out. and the megson out vibe is from people that dont like him , presumably coz he hates wasters like colin mcgreavy.
'Kin hell you need to get over it, he's gone and so has Coyle.

You seem to have a big problem with anyone who sees with their own eyes just how many turds the manager puts out on the pitch every first team game, turds that cannot communicate, talk or apparently congregate, stick together etc. This is after a summer of popping his own out and now he needs more, no wonder folk are angry!
(not that I agree with embarrasing the club like they did in that video)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:57 pm

well, we're stuck with him.

lol

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:39 am

Not too happy at the thought of Tierney for captain. He'll become a scapegoat soon as he's a bit basic. Our fans don't like that.

Although they seem to adore spearing who's been nothing shirt of woeful since we paid gold for him.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:43 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sponge wrote:I fear this is more than a mere bad streak, and bigger than a few players or a manager. Something's rotten in our club and it runs deep. The coming seasons ain't gonna be pretty. We could be shaking buckets in a few years.
Sadly I've had this feeling for a while.
:conf: you said it was just one player we needed - at the most 2 - the last pieces in the jigsaw!!

Only just reading all this and I had better put my hand up and admit that it was me that said that. :oops:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not too happy at the thought of Tierney for captain. He'll become a scapegoat soon as he's a bit basic. Our fans don't like that.

Although they seem to adore spearing who's been nothing shirt of woeful since we paid gold for him.
There is something about Paul Robinson to him, but I think he's a fair bit better. Norwich fans liked him and he appears to have the right attitude. Came over to us at Forest and appreciates the fans, which endears him to me at least. Means nothing if he can't play but I think he'll be a real asset if our defence settles down. Certainly been the least bad so far.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not too happy at the thought of Tierney for captain. He'll become a scapegoat soon as he's a bit basic. Our fans don't like that.

Certainly not playing at the level he was at towards the end of last season by some distance. On the woeful stakes, and maybe this is a little like being the tallest dwarf, he's generally still fairly far from being the worst Bolton player on the pitch in any given game this season (from the ones I've seen).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Certainly not playing at the level he was at towards the end of last season by some distance. On the woeful stakes, and maybe this is a little like being the tallest dwarf, he's generally still fairly far from being the worst Bolton player on the pitch in any given game this season (from the ones I've seen).
I think considering he's a youngish player still giving him the captaincy (when Knight isn't in) might be a bit too much.

I'd let Spearing focus on his game and hence my thought on Tierney.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 pm

We have nobody who I'd consider captain material. In terms of somebody consistent, experienced, who the club (players, fans, staff) can all get behind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:We have nobody who I'd consider captain material. In terms of somebody consistent, experienced, who the club (players, fans, staff) can all get behind.
You're right, which is a terrible state of affairs (that this is the situation, not that you're right !!).

At the risk of looking backwards, it's not too many years ago when we had Speed, Nolan, Bergsson, Okocha, N'Gotty and others all in the same squad. Almost a team full of leaders.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Yep. And our consistently highly league placings reflected that level of personnel. But at the same time that wasn't a sustainable model (I fvckin hate using that terminology to describe football as its a bloody sport! - but I think it's apt) for us to continue with.