PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thread!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thr

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:35 am

bobo the clown wrote:
I have noticed that there is some differing opinions that he is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder
I don't care what sort of midfielder he is ... until we sort out centre-half we don't need any more midfielders ffs.

He persuaded ED to loosen the purse to bring in Moritz, who seems a tidy attacking midfielder. He was, apparently so unfit after missing pre-season that he didn't pick him for half a dozen games and is now injured. Pratley, while no footballing God, can play that role. Eagles maybe also. Not that he selects people to play there anyway and this has 'bench warming' written all over it.

But, first, last and everything in between we need a thoughtful, capable, quick moving centre half .... two preferably.

Someone above says that they want Dougie to succeed but he makes it very difficult to support him when he does things like this and he's spot on.
Lets get this straight at least. He didn't persuade ED to loosen anything. The Moritz move was blocked and only re-established once he managed to shift Sordell out creating the space for the wages (which are reportedly very low).

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 am

I can sort of see the point of this signing. Dougie played last season with 2 wide men in Eagles and CYL. This season so far he has tried playing Eagles behind the main striker and it hasn't worked. Without Mavies, we have no one who can find a pass for Beckford who likes a ball played between the centre backs to run on to. I presume the hope is that Dann's the Man who can make that pass.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:59 am

I can't shake the notion that this is a panic signing by a desperate man.

I'd like to be wrong.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I can sort of see the point of this signing. Dougie played last season with 2 wide men in Eagles and CYL. This season so far he has tried playing Eagles behind the main striker and it hasn't worked. Without Mavies, we have no one who can find a pass for Beckford who likes a ball played between the centre backs to run on to. I presume the hope is that Dann's the Man who can make that pass.

fingers crossed!! i think we should AT LEAST see how the loanees (if there are to be more) pan out before dismissing them as a waste of money. Bravo to Bijou for imagining a positive scenario - summat for me to hold onto!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:20 am

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It's depressing to read other fans viewing us as a laughing stock. No more money should be spent, be it loans, free transfers or whatever. Giving Freedman money for anything other than a bus fare back to Scotland is money down the drain.
this might sound mad - but I think I'll wait a bit and see just how freedman's loan army performs before totally writing them off as a waste of money...
He'll be 4th choice? 5th, maybe? To bring in someone who won't walk into the team on high wages and a possible loan fee is ridiculous when there are glaring gaps elsewhere in the side. We don't need someone in that position.

The deal reeks of desperation. Freedman backed himself into a corner and this is the result of it. We don't need someone in that position, certainly not an overpaid player who can't get into the side of a team we should be finishing above.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:38 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It's depressing to read other fans viewing us as a laughing stock. No more money should be spent, be it loans, free transfers or whatever. Giving Freedman money for anything other than a bus fare back to Scotland is money down the drain.
this might sound mad - but I think I'll wait a bit and see just how freedman's loan army performs before totally writing them off as a waste of money...
He'll be 4th choice? 5th, maybe? To bring in someone who won't walk into the team on high wages and a possible loan fee is ridiculous when there are glaring gaps elsewhere in the side. We don't need someone in that position.

The deal reeks of desperation. Freedman backed himself into a corner and this is the result of it. We don't need someone in that position, certainly not an overpaid player who can't get into the side of a team we should be finishing above.
High wages and possible loan fee? You know this how? I hardly doubt we're breaking the bank here. Also, can you list the amount of attacking central midfielders we have fit at the moment? It's not one to get the juices flowing, but to say it's a waste of money blah blah before he's kicked a ball is ridiculous.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:43 am

I don't know why we're too busy concerning ourselves with what the lad's current clubs fans think of him. We were hearing the same things all over our own forums when we sold Nolan, Taylor, Jaaskelainen etc. The list is large.

Why do we seem to think Dann will be coming in on high wages too? Get real.

Where are they all now? One man's junk is anothers treasure.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:57 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
He'll be 4th choice? 5th, maybe?
how on earth do you know that??

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
Completely agree with you there Bish, the players we have in the position that Danns plays (eagles & chungy) havent been performing so who's not to say that Danns will be 1st choice with these 2 dropped to the bench. For me Chungy isnt anywhere near the player he was pre-injury and over the course of 90mins (apart from 1 or 2 little neat touches) he offers nothing. And as for Chris "mr.Inconsistent" Eagles, well for me even though he's one of the only "match winners" we may have, he's missing far too often in games for the position we are in to allow.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:06 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
He doesn't - he just talks through his arse in a bid to slag off Freedman at every opportunity. Haven't you noticed this? It's incredibly tedious. :zzz:
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:32 pm

I imagine he'll be involved against yeovil or if not then defintely the match after that. If he doesn't play him and doesn't make any other useful signings then by all mean slate the loan of Danns.
Looks likes Dougie's been given leeway to bring in short termers to shake things up and hope it lifts the squad sufficiently to go on a run.
I'm happy to wait and see if it works. If nothing changes then the manager has to. I'd give it til mid November.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:42 pm

If Danns can play like he did for Huddersfield last season against us, then he'll be a better option than what we have at the minute.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 pm

wigan white wrote:If Danns can play like he did for Huddersfield last season against us, then he'll be a better option than what we have at the minute.
Ahhh. I wondered where I'd seen that terrible barnet before.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

wigan white wrote: And as for Chris "mr.Inconsistent" Eagles, well for me even though he's one of the only "match winners" we may have, he's missing far too often in games for the position we are in to allow.
:shock:

Christ I shudder to think where we'd have been last season without Eagles. His absence this season has cost us too imo. His name should be 1st on the team sheet. You could make a case for dropping any of the rest.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
wigan white wrote:If Danns can play like he did for Huddersfield last season against us, then he'll be a better option than what we have at the minute.
Ahhh. I wondered where I'd seen that terrible barnet before.
It was Danns & Scannel (who looked identical) on either wings and they tore us apart. :hang:

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
wigan white wrote: And as for Chris "mr.Inconsistent" Eagles, well for me even though he's one of the only "match winners" we may have, he's missing far too often in games for the position we are in to allow.
:shock:

Christ I shudder to think where we'd have been last season without Eagles. His absence this season has cost us too imo. His name should be 1st on the team sheet. You could make a case for dropping any of the rest.
Too be fair Harry, he is a match winner, but goes missing through a full 90mins too often, especially this season. Even last season his "fantastic form" only last about 8 games, then he went crap again. Its ok for him to show absolute class for 10 minutes but its the lack of effort for the other 80 that infuriates me. He's got the skill and ability to be a top player, but i dont think he's got the mindset to do it, and in the current position we are in we need a player to play for 90minutes (as Dougie said this week)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:07 pm

I just dont buy the lack of effort criticism. I cnat think of a single player in that side that deserve a place ahead of him.

Spose we'll have to agree to disagree :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:10 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:
His best position is central midfield and he won't start ahead of Medo, Ream, Spearing or Pratley because he's not as good as any of them. He is versatile though, so he can cover for Eagles, Chungy or Hall if they have an injury, though Pratley will probably be first choice to do that job. I'd maybe have him ahead of Hall as a starter, though Hall is much better off the bench and a far more dynamic player.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I just dont buy the lack of effort criticism. I cnat think of a single player in that side that deserve a place ahead of him.

Spose we'll have to agree to disagree :wink:
I agree, I think the effort is there. Confidence is often an issue with flair players but he always keeps looking for the ball and puts himself in the firing line because if he sees a lot of the ball he'll make more mistakes than if he hid. His highs are higher and lows lower.
I think some of our daft booing type fans think because he's not a physical player he doesn't try.
He's the player most likely to drag us out of this terrible run.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 pm

See this is the sort of signing we need, another one quite understandably goes elsewhere. Shame.

LOAN DEAL
Billy Sharp joins Championship side Reading on an emergency loan deal from Southampton. The striker moves to the Madejski Stadium on a temporary basis having been left out of Saints' first team squad for the 2013-14 season.