Our back four (sans Tierney)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Our back four (sans Tierney)

Post by Jez » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Why no Ream at CB? he keeps playing well there and everyone else keeps playing shite

+ I keep hearing he's bulked up a little, lot of protein when you eat nothing but nandos

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:05 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:A few mentions for Ream at centre back... please god no.
Wasn't he there on Sat? Seemed quite solid to me.
He was ... & he did. But Yeovil didn't have anyone worth speaking of up front.
Fair point. I'd take him over Knight or Wheater though. He's playing like he has a point to prove and a bit of fight in him to keep a place in the team.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:23 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:A few mentions for Ream at centre back... please god no.
Wasn't he there on Sat? Seemed quite solid to me.
He was ... & he did. But Yeovil didn't have anyone worth speaking of up front.
Fair point. I'd take him over Knight or Wheater though. He's playing like he has a point to prove and a bit of fight in him to keep a place in the team.
Me too. He's playing with confidence unlike everyone else in that position, is quick and can pass to a teammate. Might not be the ideal CH but our best option right now. Who'da thunk it?

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:21 pm

jaffka wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Athers wrote:This has only happened 2 days before we face the best right winger in the league! Christ.
Steinsson managed to keep the Welsh Wonderboy in his back pocket once. You never know, no matter how unlikely it seems :)
Not to mention Browny against Welsh wonderboy of the day Giggs at the Old Trafford cup-tie back in 1991.
Wasn't it Lee Sharpe?
I can recall standing in the away end and everybody singing Lee Sharpe YTS. Mark Robins would only have been young then too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 pm

PC1978 wrote:
jaffka wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Athers wrote:This has only happened 2 days before we face the best right winger in the league! Christ.
Steinsson managed to keep the Welsh Wonderboy in his back pocket once. You never know, no matter how unlikely it seems :)
Not to mention Browny against Welsh wonderboy of the day Giggs at the Old Trafford cup-tie back in 1991.
Wasn't it Lee Sharpe?
I can recall standing in the away end and everybody singing Lee Sharpe YTS. Mark Robins would only have been young then too.
Yes it may well have been. slept since! I seem to recall Neil Webb getting some stick as well.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Les Sealey got a lot of stick. I reckon three quarters of our standing fans would be ejected nowadays for the abuse they were giving him.