Blackpool v Bolton Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Blackpool v Bolton Wanderers

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Just been talking to a Blackpool fan at work, he didn't go but was told they were lucky. Nice to hear from the oppositions point of view, especially to hear we unnerved them!

Really hope we push on from this and somebody finds their scoring boots!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 pm

wanderer10 wrote:. My particular highlight was how we managed to replace the word Gold with Alex Baptise in the Spandau Ballet tune. Suprisingly catchy.
I'm all for a bit of much needed creativity in our singing repertoire but that was the worst song I've heard sang ever at a football match!!

At times it felt a bit like the 80s with the large Police presence and I was a bit shocked at the full body frisking on the way in, that even my 75 year old father and ladies were subjected to. How come someone still managed to get a flare in :crazy:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 pm

is craig davies fit yet?

ngog can't score and beckford has been a disaster so far. time to give the lad a go if he's available.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
wanderer10 wrote:. My particular highlight was how we managed to replace the word Gold with Alex Baptise in the Spandau Ballet tune. Suprisingly catchy.
I'm all for a bit of much needed creativity in our singing repertoire but that was the worst song I've heard sang ever at a football match!!

At times it felt a bit like the 80s with the large Police presence and I was a bit shocked at the full body frisking on the way in, that even my 75 year old father and ladies were subjected to. How come someone still managed to get a flare in :crazy:
How on earth is that even meant to scan?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:31 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I'm glad to see Ream continues to prove his ability. I've always liked him and I thought he just needed a sustained period in the side to get mentally focused and now he's had that, he seems to have been our best player in the last few games? I haven't seen them all but to those who have, would that be a fair comment? The last two full games I did see him in, he was the best Bolton player on the pitch and he seems to be getting high praise after every match now. That's great to see. Some of the abuse and criticism he got was way over the top.

yeah - i agree - Ream has come good this season, there is a tendency for fans to totally overplay the negative stuff for individual players... there's a few in the team at the moment who have been "it" for a while...

and - well done dougie - the new loanees have shaken things up a bit.
Bollocks! Ream was utter, utter gash. The crticism of his performances was completely justified. I think the three worst performances I've ever seen from players in a Wanderers shirt are Cid v Everton, Boggers v Chelsea and Ream v Hull.

On the other hand, by all accounts he's playing well now, so great. Doesn't mean he wasn't wank though.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
It doesn't work......does it?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:40 pm

You are (pause) Gold
Al--ex Bap----Tiste.

Is the best I can do. Sounds rubbish. Down with this sort of thing.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:You are (pause) Gold
Al--ex Bap----Tiste.

Is the best I can do. Sounds rubbish. Down with this sort of thing.
Ah......

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

Body odour perhaps? I got my bag searched against Derby after coming straight from the track at the arena. A pair of moist running briefs at the top of the bag seemed to deter the searcher from delving any further.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 am

From the highlights, Beckford seems to create opportunities, but screw them up at the last. He will undoubtedly score a few by doing this. But if he is as lazy as many say he is, he shouldn't be playing alone up front. Perhaps being alongside a hard worker who gives a sh!t could be a winning combination.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:57 am

I've always wondered about these "lazy" players. It's in fans DNA to wsnt and to admire the players who chase lost causes and do the headless chicken bit. However what we actually need are clever and skillful players who do their jobs right.

I recall Nathan Blake being "lazy" not to mention Klasniç. Beckford is hardly hitting the target at the second but lazy is an odd word.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 am

bobo the clown wrote:I've always wondered about these "lazy" players. It's in fans DNA to wsnt and to admire the players who chase lost causes and do the headless chicken bit. However what we actually need are clever and skillful players who do their jobs right.

I recall Nathan Blake being "lazy" not to mention Klasniç. Beckford is hardly hitting the target at the second but lazy is an odd word.
IMO Beckford is doing this quite well (apart from the scoring). If he starts hitting the target and he keeps getting good service, he'll score goals for fun.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I've always wondered about these "lazy" players. It's in fans DNA to wsnt and to admire the players who chase lost causes and do the headless chicken bit. However what we actually need are clever and skillful players who do their jobs right.

Absolutely. I blame the Reeves/Philliskirk partnership. Where one ran around all day but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and fans gave the other one stick for being lazy even when he was banging them in for fun.

Beckford is not feckin lazy. For me he worked bloody hard on Tuesday but without getting the rewards. I do think he'd be better in a front 2 though.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:
thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I'm glad to see Ream continues to prove his ability. I've always liked him and I thought he just needed a sustained period in the side to get mentally focused and now he's had that, he seems to have been our best player in the last few games? I haven't seen them all but to those who have, would that be a fair comment? The last two full games I did see him in, he was the best Bolton player on the pitch and he seems to be getting high praise after every match now. That's great to see. Some of the abuse and criticism he got was way over the top.

yeah - i agree - Ream has come good this season, there is a tendency for fans to totally overplay the negative stuff for individual players... there's a few in the team at the moment who have been "it" for a while...

and - well done dougie - the new loanees have shaken things up a bit.
Bollocks! Ream was utter, utter gash. The crticism of his performances was completely justified. I think the three worst performances I've ever seen from players in a Wanderers shirt are Cid v Everton, Boggers v Chelsea and Ream v Hull.

On the other hand, by all accounts he's playing well now, so great. Doesn't mean he wasn't wank though.
yeah - maybe - but does mean it wasn't that mad a decision to persevere with him - and/or in might mean that we'd have been deeper in the poo if we HAD binned him off...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Or we might have got more points last year and gone up :wicked:

Tbf, there didn't even look to be a proper defender in there. I'm far from convinced he's suddenly Beckenbauer, but let's hope this good run continues. Not buying it was a managerial master-stroke though!

alonga6
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by alonga6 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Good point, good point :o

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:45 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Body odour perhaps? I got my bag searched against Derby after coming straight from the track at the arena. A pair of moist running briefs at the top of the bag seemed to deter the searcher from delving any further.
There is numerous possibilities but I was only searched once last season and yet it lads of a similar age who seem to be bringing the flares in. It could be as noted above but I think its more that they don't search the right people and certainly don't do enough searches to not let these tw*ts bring in there fireworks. More thorough searches and actually searching the right people will help. We all know who it is letting of the flares many of us could probably pick out several of them. Barnsley in particular last season was redicoulas something like 5 flares were let off. How many were let off at Turd Moor this season?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:18 pm

"Ooh I told you he was good."

He feck* wasn't.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:41 am

boltonboris wrote:"Ooh I told you he was good."

He feck wasn't.
? :? .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.