Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Freedman out!

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I haven't seen Saturday's game, so maybe they were watertight, but in pretty much every game I've seen them play this season one of Ream and Mills have made a glaring error that could've led to a goal. It didn't cost us anything on those occasions (partly because the last six teams we've played haven't had a striker between them), but I certainly wouldn't be getting carried away just yet.
Reading must be proper dog shit, then, letting in 5 to a team without a striker

I did see Saturdays game and Bournemouth did have the odd half chance and Ream did miss a challenge at one point - his partner cleaned up for him
Sto ut Serviam

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 pm

BL3 wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:I actually have a bit of time for Ream and Mills
Both seem to have bought in to Freedman's plan and have formed a decent partnership
No credit to the manager for that, of course
What 'plan'? The plan to stop chopping and changing the back four? Who would have thought that would have worked eh?
No, getting him fit
“Behind the scenes the physio and medical staff have really been working hard with me and I feel like my body is able to do the things I want it to do.

“That’s no disrespect to the physio at Leicester or in the old regime but I feel fantastic and physically able to do more of what I want to do.”
Sto ut Serviam

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Various people have mentioned "chopping and changing the back four", I'm not really sure what they mean. Do they mean dropping Knight and Wheater/Tierney getting injured? Dougie shouldn't have dropped Knight? Very confused.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Various people have mentioned "chopping and changing the back four", I'm not really sure what they mean. Do they mean dropping Knight and Wheater/Tierney getting injured? Dougie shouldn't have dropped Knight? Very confused.
Get the feck out go here with your facts man! 8)

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:04 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Various people have mentioned "chopping and changing the back four", I'm not really sure what they mean. Do they mean dropping Knight and Wheater/Tierney getting injured? Dougie shouldn't have dropped Knight? Very confused.
It's not just the back four. It's the continual tinkering with the line-up, tactics, formations, etc. Isn't that what pre-season's for?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 pm

But you have to give credit in the sense that he's now changed a system that saw us losing points, to one that has seen a steady increase in results and performance.

If he reverts back and we lose, then by all means have a go, but not for positive changes.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:But you have to give credit in the sense that he's now changed a system that saw us losing points, to one that has seen a steady increase in results and performance.

If he reverts back and we lose, then by all means have a go, but not for positive changes.
If he'd only just arrived then maybe, but he's been here for a year and i seem to remember him doing the same thing when he first arrived. He should have known what his best team and formation was way before the season started. We're now playing catch-up for the rest of the season.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 pm

BL3 wrote:
boltonboris wrote:But you have to give credit in the sense that he's now changed a system that saw us losing points, to one that has seen a steady increase in results and performance.

If he'd only just arrived then maybe, but he's been here for a year and i seem to remember him doing the same thing when he first arrived. He should have known what his best team and formation was way before the season started. We're now playing catch-up for the rest of the season.
His 'best team' includes 3 who weren't even available for Burnley - not sure about Ngog...I think he was still injured, so that'd be 4

He (possibly) played Sordell and Andrews to put them on show - to clear funds for Spearing?

Similarly Mears but he was so shite it didn't work

Most would have been happy to start with Eagles - he hasn't got going

Are we still sure Beckford was a waste of money - even tho none of us actually know what we paid?
Sto ut Serviam

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:28 pm

His best team also includes a few that just don't turn up on the day, frustrating as f*ck.

With the best will in the world if they look up for it, say they're up for it, you're gonna play 'em. When they then don't turn up again, you look a bit of a c*nt.

Then they sit on the bench and folk ask why they're not playing. Sooner some of them are gone the better.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm

Enoch wrote:His best team also includes a few that just don't turn up on the day, frustrating as f*ck.

With the best will in the world if they look up for it, say they're up for it, you're gonna play 'em. When they then don't turn up again, you look a bit of a c*nt.

Then they sit on the bench and folk ask why they're not playing. Sooner some of them are gone the better.
Name names man, don't sit on the fence. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:He (possibly) played Sordell and Andrews to put them on show - to clear funds for Spearing?
That's the most ludicrous explanation yet.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Enoch wrote:His best team also includes a few that just don't turn up on the day, frustrating as f*ck.

So why doesn't he just pick the players he signed? Or are they not 'up for it' either?

borgetti_wanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by borgetti_wanderers » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:35 pm

How can you complain about him changing line ups and tactics? You pick a team that will counter act the oppositions strengths. If one week you play a side that are big strong long ball side then the next you play a quick team who use the flanks then you're going to change the tactics and line ups from the week before. :crazy:

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:43 pm

borgetti_wanderers wrote:How can you complain about him changing line ups and tactics? You pick a team that will counter act the oppositions strengths. If one week you play a side that are big strong long ball side then the next you play a quick team who use the flanks then you're going to change the tactics and line ups from the week before. :crazy:
It's the Championship not the Champions League. Is he really picking teams to counteract Yeovil's 'strengths'? If so, it's not a particularly successful strategy.

borgetti_wanderers
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by borgetti_wanderers » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 pm

BL3 wrote:
borgetti_wanderers wrote:How can you complain about him changing line ups and tactics? You pick a team that will counter act the oppositions strengths. If one week you play a side that are big strong long ball side then the next you play a quick team who use the flanks then you're going to change the tactics and line ups from the week before. :crazy:
It's the Championship not the Champions League. Is he really picking teams to counteract Yeovil's 'strengths'? If so, it's not a particularly successful strategy.

yeh true, its only the Championship, f*** it! bang Zat Knight up front.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 pm

borgetti_wanderers wrote:
BL3 wrote:

yeh true, its only the Championship, f*** it! bang Zat Knight up front.
I think he did, against Yeovil. :D

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:06 pm

13 points from 14 games, 2 wins, -7 goal difference and 2 points off a relegation spot is how.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
13 points from 14 games, 2 wins, -7 goal difference and 2 points off a relegation spot is how.
Exactly.

ffs .... those are the tactics of a team unsure and uncertain of its quality, the tactics of scared teams. More akin to what you'd expect of the teams only feeling their way at this level. Bolton's current squad should be the ones most other teams plan against.

Christ on a bike. It's no wonder we never look like we know what the fck we're doing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Christ on a bike. It's no wonder we never look like we know what the fck we're doing.

bit late to be complaining about that now.

shoulda been doing it when OC was happy clappying us out of the prem.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Imagine if he'd started the same XI every game since August! There'd be riots and bedsheets with 'inflecsibal' written on.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;