Tees this up nicely, could it really be FORE!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Re: Tees this up nicely, could it really be FORE!!

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:11 am

I'm sorry but if you're a championship striker getting paid x thousand per week you should at least hit the feckin target from a dead ball a few metres out with no pressure on.
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:54 am

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'm sorry but if you're a championship striker getting paid x thousand per week you should at least hit the feckin target from a dead ball a few metres out with no pressure on.

hmmm.... no pressure on? 1-0 down, 5mins to go??

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:03 am

thebish wrote:
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'm sorry but if you're a championship striker getting paid x thousand per week you should at least hit the feckin target from a dead ball a few metres out with no pressure on.

I meant physical pressure. From Defenders. Should be able to hit the big white box.
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:06 am

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:
thebish wrote:

I meant physical pressure. From Defenders. Should be able to hit the big white box.
that's sport though... Tiger Woods SHOULD be able to get on the green in two (or three for the longest holes) all of the time - but sometimes he hits a bunker or drives into the lake...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:38 am

thebish wrote:
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:
thebish wrote:

that's sport though... Tiger Woods SHOULD be able to get on the green in two (or three for the longest holes) all of the time - but sometimes he hits a bunker or drives into the lake...
Yeah but he's a bit sh*t now isn't he since he's been putting it about :conf:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 am

So, David Beckham is really shit because he missed a penalty? There is barely a professional footballer alive that hasn't missed a penalty from time to time. How about Kevin Davies? He's shit because he missed one. FFS grow up :roll:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 am

Such a long way to travel to see such a poor performance lacking potency going foreword and defensively we were poor. Pratley could not pass to save his life and Beckford just did not receive the service he deserved as for the penalty miss in front of all of their fans shouting stuff about him being Leeds scum etc, well I can accept that as there was a lot of pressure on him. What annoyed me the most though(and if any of you went then you would have noticed) was that some nice person in our end let off some big explosion(it wasent a flare or a smoke bomb) that the whole ground went silent and turned towards the explosion. As it stared to let off these big sparks the stewards came to sort it out but sadly didn't manage to catch anyone (I actually thought it was a big gas pipe/mains that had exploded when I heard the sound). This was made even more embarrassing by the fact that there "Rangers lot" were there with their no surrender banner and singing song after song about the Munich air disaster. Of course when Boro scored two flares were let off in our end, again nobody caught for it but the stewards were on hand with a kiln and sand.

I would like to make an apology to Bish, Darlington has had some money put into it and looks the better but the people are still thee same. Middlesbrough was almost the opposite, The people of Middlesbrough were not halve as unwelcoming as when I last went there and one even pointed me in the direction of the station after the game, although the town is still a dump. As I got to Darlington at about 11:00 I decided to stay on the train to Redcar east (and then go back to Boro later) and walk along the seafront, with it being so windy the smell and taste of the chemical plant drifted down the sea front which was so intoxicating I took the precaution of buying a Parmo and chips from the chippy (you need something strong tasting to filter out the taste of chemicals). Sadly unlike Middlesbrough I found the people of Redcar were very aggressive and constantly found myself being looked up and down in the street by them, it seemed everybody was either glaring or had their eyes glued to the floor. The town has got worst and therefore stays top of Dan's infamous list of sh*tholes.

Despite the result I had a good day out. I really love this long long day outs/Awaydays.

Out of interest did anybody else go?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:28 am

Oh I liked the song about Fergie/Moyes :lol: :lol: .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:40 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Such a long way to travel to see such a poor performance lacking potency going foreword and defensively we were poor. Pratley could not pass to save his life and Beckford just did not receive the service he deserved as for the penalty miss in front of all of their fans shouting stuff about him being Leeds scum etc, well I can accept that as there was a lot of pressure on him. What annoyed me the most though(and if any of you went then you would have noticed) was that some tw*t in our end let off some big explosion(it wasent a flare or a smoke bomb) that the whole ground went silent and turned towards the explosion. As it stared to let off these big sparks the stewards came to sort it out but sadly didn't manage to catch anyone (I actually thought it was a big gas pipe/mains that had exploded when I heard the sound). This was made even more embarrassing by the fact that there "Rangers lot" were there with their no surrender banner and singing song after song about the Munich air disaster. Of course when Boro scored two flares were let off in our end, again nobody caught for it but the stewards were on hand with a kiln and sand.

I would like to make an apology to Bish, Darlington has had some money put into it and looks the better but the people are still thee same. Middlesbrough was almost the opposite, The people of Middlesbrough were not halve as unwelcoming as when I last went there and one even pointed me in the direction of the station after the game, although the town is still a dump. As I got to Darlington at about 11:00 I decided to stay on the train to Redcar east (and then go back to Boro later) and walk along the seafront, with it being so windy the smell and taste of the chemical plant drifted down the sea front which was so intoxicating I took the precaution of buying a Parmo and chips from the chippy (you need something strong tasting to filter out the taste of chemicals). Sadly unlike Middlesbrough I found the people of Redcar were very aggressive and constantly found myself being looked up and down in the street by them, it seemed everybody was either glaring or had their eyes glued to the floor. The town has got worst and therefore stays top of Dan's infamous list of sh*tholes.

Despite the result I had a good day out. I really love this long long day outs/Awaydays.

Cheers for the inside view Dan, but are you sure about the bit in bold?! :lol:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:42 am

I have had worse. I am just preparing myself for defeats at Wigan and Reading which will really get me down. Also I survived trips to Redcar and Middlesbrough. I don't think eating a whole Parmo and hips is a mean feat either.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:45 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Such a long way to travel to see such a poor performance lacking potency going foreword and defensively we were poor. Pratley could not pass to save his life and Beckford just did not receive the service he deserved as for the penalty miss in front of all of their fans shouting stuff about him being Leeds scum etc, well I can accept that as there was a lot of pressure on him. What annoyed me the most though(and if any of you went then you would have noticed) was that some tw*t in our end let off some big explosion(it wasent a flare or a smoke bomb) that the whole ground went silent and turned towards the explosion. As it stared to let off these big sparks the stewards came to sort it out but sadly didn't manage to catch anyone (I actually thought it was a big gas pipe/mains that had exploded when I heard the sound). This was made even more embarrassing by the fact that there "Rangers lot" were there with their no surrender banner and singing song after song about the Munich air disaster. Of course when Boro scored two flares were let off in our end, again nobody caught for it but the stewards were on hand with a kiln and sand.

The stewards had a kiln?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:47 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:Why does Freedman constantly talk about educating the fans? And how exactly is he educating us?
I know, it's very irritating and condascending. What he actually means is he is going to try to brainwash us into accepting boring defensive shite.
He was also honest about the performance to be fair.
And like he says home form is key. Even a footballing Mr Chips like Dougie can't educate fans into accepting boring draws and defeats on our own patch.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:

The stewards had a kiln?
Well a metal pot with sand in it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:45 pm

What's a Parmo, Dan? I've not been in a chippy for a while but I've never heard of one :conf:

And the Fergie Moyes song - what was that about?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:38 pm

A Parmo is a Teesside delicacy which cannot be found outside of Teesside. It was invented in Middlesbrough by a Greek immigrant and consists of two Chicken breasts fried in breadcrumbs and then covered with 3 inches of melted parmesan cheese and some white sauce. It can only be found in Teesside and My theory is that it is so strong in terms of flavour(the cheese) to knock out that horrible acidy taste that lingers in the air around Redcar produced by the chemical plant(you would have to go there to explain just how vile the chemical taste is). Strong parmesan cheese does a very good job of neutralising such acidic taste. An introduction to the Parmo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1NXxYx9Ns.

The Fergie/Moyes song is as follows

Fergie touches boys,
So does David Moyes,
They're Paedophiles,(pae - do - philes)
They're paedophiles (pae - do - philes)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Are you teasing me with your text 'image' TKIZ! ?
Absolutely not, AT. I agree with your statement that we had to lose sometime and that we should just move on to the next game. Think it was a very sensible post. I was just being silly with the image but I agree with every word you said
Pfffft.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:What's a Parmo, Dan? I've not been in a chippy for a while but I've never heard of one :conf:

And the Fergie Moyes song - what was that about?

Mmmm! Delicious.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Jebus! That looks greasier than an oil slick
Pfffft.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:08 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Are you teasing me with your text 'image' TKIZ! ?
Absolutely not, AT. I agree with your statement that we had to lose sometime and that we should just move on to the next game. Think it was a very sensible post. I was just being silly with the image but I agree with every word you said
I was jesting about the teasing :D though the site seems to be doing that with images a lot at the moment.

Must admit I got a bit pissed off how loads of people crawled (jumped?) out of the woodwork the moment we went a goal down and Beckford missed a penalty. It was like everyone was just waiting to spew negativity at the first sign of a setback. Very sad.

We'll know how far the team has come this last few weeks when we see the response to this setback in the next game.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Healthier to smoke a carton of fags than eat that :shock: