Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I think the thing that keeps me on Freedman's side is the tantalising prospect of 'the day of click' when it all falls into place and we all say 'ahhh, now we get it'.

I suppose the concern is that we are waiting for the players to have the same revelation.

aye - pretty much where I am... and I'll think that until he gets sacked and then start thinking it about the next bloke!

I'm an optimist, me!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:57 pm

thebish wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I think the thing that keeps me on Freedman's side is the tantalising prospect of 'the day of click' when it all falls into place and we all say 'ahhh, now we get it'.

I suppose the concern is that we are waiting for the players to have the same revelation.

aye - pretty much where I am... and I'll think that until he gets sacked and then start thinking it about the next bloke!

I'm an optimist, me!
I also consider myself an optimist, but the depressing spectacle of our home games is leeching it out of me. It's hard not to be critical when you sit through that regularly. There is just nothing to get excited about. I accept that taken in terms of stats it doesn't look as bad, which is damning in itself as the stats are still pretty dire.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'm an optimist, me!
I also consider myself an optimist, but the depressing spectacle of our home games is leeching it out of me. It's hard not to be critical when you sit through that regularly. There is just nothing to get excited about. I accept that taken in terms of stats it doesn't look as bad, which is damning in itself as the stats are still pretty dire.
pretty soon there will be a pill you can take that cures you of this awful bolton-supporting disease!! until then - expect more years of misery and unfulfilled hope with the occasional one week of pure unadulterated joy! :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:30 pm

thebish wrote: pretty soon there will be a pill you can take that cures you of this awful bolton-supporting disease!! until then - expect more years of misery and unfulfilled hope with the occasional one week of pure unadulterated joy! :D
Well, yes and no. I think that for most of the last 20 years I've felt hopeful about the club's present and future. From Rioch onwards.

I think in those teams there were players of distinction, that i liked, could look forward to watching, and in the Djorkaeff/Okocha/Campo times it sometimes felt like a privilege to be allowed to go to the game.

The Megson years had its grim times, for sure, and the end of Coyle's time was profoundly depressing, but even then (and even if they were loan players) we had a side that could offer Wilshere one season and Sturridge the next.

Our current side has little personality and no player that stirrs up the juices. It is a dull team playing dull football and quite unlike most of the sides of the last 20 years in that respect.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:35 pm

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote: pretty soon there will be a pill you can take that cures you of this awful bolton-supporting disease!! until then - expect more years of misery and unfulfilled hope with the occasional one week of pure unadulterated joy! :D
Well, yes and no. I think that for most of the last 20 years I've felt hopeful about the club's present and future. From Rioch onwards.

I think in those teams there were players of distinction, that i liked, could look forward to watching, and in the Djorkaeff/Okocha/Campo times it sometimes felt like a privilege to be allowed to go to the game.

The Megson years had its grim times, for sure, and the end of Coyle's time was profoundly depressing, but even then (and even if they were loan players) we had a side that could offer Wilshere one season and Sturridge the next.

Our current side has little personality and no player that stirrs up the juices. It is a dull team playing dull football and quite unlike most of the sides of the last 20 years in that respect.
It is indeed remarkably anodyne.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Rather than optomist/pessimist/optometrist I'd say we're more like battered wives.

Every weekend we get a pummelling followed by a week of excuses and half hearted apologies and promises that things will get better soon.

Come the following weekend it's back to 'blammo' and a black eye for us all.

We could leave but where would we go? BWFC are the only ones that love us and we love them.

Partly it's our fault. We didn't cheer enough, or pay attention when he was educating us so we've really only got ourselves to blame.

BWFC have one more chance and then I'm going.

No excuses.

I've got to go, if he thinks I'm talking about him on the internet he gets upset and sarcastic.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:38 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Rather than optomist/pessimist/optometrist I'd say we're more like battered wives.

Every weekend we get a pummelling followed by a week of excuses and half hearted apologies and promises that things will get better soon.

Come the following weekend it's back to 'blammo' and a black eye for us all.

We could leave but where would we go? BWFC are the only ones that love us and we love them.

Partly it's our fault. We didn't cheer enough, or pay attention when he was educating us so we've really only got ourselves to blame.

BWFC have one more chance and then I'm going.

No excuses.

I've got to go, if he thinks I'm talking about him on the internet he gets upset and sarcastic.
I like the analogy, when it comes down to it you won't leave, you made your choice live with it!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Haha! reminds me of the Hardy quote I used as my signature during our awful start,

“…happiness is but the occasional episode in a general drama of pain.”

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:04 pm

pretty sure those pills are already available!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Does Dignitas do Groupons?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:55 pm

He gets worse. I really think they should stop him speaking to the press without a script.

"Bolton boss Dougie Freedman says he has no problem with supporters expressing their opinions, claiming he too would 'boo at times'.
Wanderers were booed off the pitch after losing at home to Huddersfield Town on Tuesday night, with an eight-game unbeaten run now followed up by back-to-back defeats. Freedman was seen exchanging views with an angry supporter after that loss to the Terriers, but he has played down the incident - saying fans are entitled to their views.

"Some guy was shouting we need to play two strikers up front," Freedman told Sky Sports. "I said 'we played four up front at the end', I couldn't quite work it out. It did make me smile a little bit, I couldn't quite get my head around it. It doesn't bother me at all because we're professionals. Fans pay good money and they're entitled to have their say and these fans have been great.

I've turned it around at this football club and I'm really proud of it; these fans used to boo halfway through the game or quarter of the way through the game. It's the same fans who understand where we are in life right now.

The fans know what we're trying to do and, yes, they have their frustrations at the end of the game, and I'm all right with that, they pay their money. It was during the game when they had their problems but that's been solved. I understand; I boo at times as well, don't worry."

What the fck is this meant to mean ? Especially the bit in bold.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:39 pm

bobo the clown wrote:He gets worse. I really think they should stop him speaking to the press without a script.

"Bolton boss Dougie Freedman says he has no problem with supporters expressing their opinions, claiming he too would 'boo at times'.
Wanderers were booed off the pitch after losing at home to Huddersfield Town on Tuesday night, with an eight-game unbeaten run now followed up by back-to-back defeats. Freedman was seen exchanging views with an angry supporter after that loss to the Terriers, but he has played down the incident - saying fans are entitled to their views.

"Some guy was shouting we need to play two strikers up front," Freedman told Sky Sports. "I said 'we played four up front at the end', I couldn't quite work it out. It did make me smile a little bit, I couldn't quite get my head around it. It doesn't bother me at all because we're professionals. Fans pay good money and they're entitled to have their say and these fans have been great.

I've turned it around at this football club and I'm really proud of it; these fans used to boo halfway through the game or quarter of the way through the game. It's the same fans who understand where we are in life right now.

The fans know what we're trying to do and, yes, they have their frustrations at the end of the game, and I'm all right with that, they pay their money. It was during the game when they had their problems but that's been solved. I understand; I boo at times as well, don't worry."

What the fck is this meant to mean ? Especially the bit in bold.
you just had to post it here didn't you !

I'd hazard a guess he's saying

he's won us fans us over, as he remembers in one of the early games, the chant of 'you don't know what you're doing' - when he made substitutions (he can be smug because it actually worked in that instance). Booings not been done since. H-T booing doesn't count.

He's turned it round, because he has managed to get the fans not to live in the past, accept a new reality of journeyman footballers, mediocre entertainment free football, thankful for championship survival and believe all the contradictory bull that he comes out with. We have been educated. :shock:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:40 pm

He is actually making me think that he is a prick.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Enoch wrote: By the second full season he had a side that was both attractive to watch and winning games convincingly.
Is that true? I've been worrying for a while that all he'd done at Palace was go on a run similar to the one we had at the tail end of last season i.e rarely convincing and usually by the odd goal. Wasn't there some satisfaction in that Holloway's first game they won 6-0 and Palace supporters were saying they'd never have won by that score line under Dougie.

Please tell me I've got that all ar5e about face. I'm clutching straws here
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:54 pm

He's worse than the ginger wanker
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Dougie to be presented with manager of month award before saturdays match, so yah boo to you doubters

Official accolade 'Freedman reaffirmed faith at the Reebok as he led his side to 3 successive victories. Their away wins at Bournemouth and Watford were built on a sound defensive platform and hauled them out of the bottom 3'

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:33 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:Dougie to be presented with manager of month award before saturdays match, so yah boo to you doubters

Official accolade 'Freedman reaffirmed faith at the Reebok as he led his side to 3 successive victories. Their away wins at Bournemouth and Watford were built on a sound defensive platform and hauled them out of the bottom 3'
Speechless.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:Dougie to be presented with manager of month award before saturdays match, so yah boo to you doubters

Speechless.
just being provocative - he's only a nominee but it might happen. How does the voting work ?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:42 pm

When we had that good run at the end of last season he smugly took great pleasure in telling us it was all because of the hard work they'd put in on the training ground.

He said the same last month with that mini upturn in results too.

So presumably now as we embark on yet another extended run of picking up fck all points it's because they've stopped putting in the hard work on the training ground?
Businesswoman of the year.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:03 pm

He hasn't won it......yet......