Bonny Donny Belles to get a good humping

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bonny Donny Belles to get a good humping

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:35 pm

jimbo wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Be good to hear what the match-goers have to say. It actually sounded like they caused us no trouble at all and we were in complete control all game.
Apart from when they hit the post at 0-0!
Yep. That's the match report done. ;)

Said a few weeks ago - the frustration is that when we run at sides they can't deal with us, so why the feck does Freedman have us sitting back? We ran at them for 90 minutes today and absolutely wiped the floor with a side that beat QPR last week. Ross Turnbull, I suspect, will be spending the evening with his hands in an ice bath. Never felt more despondent this season than leaving the Bok on Tuesday, never better than today. It's a shit business. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jimbo wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Be good to hear what the match-goers have to say. It actually sounded like they caused us no trouble at all and we were in complete control all game.

Said a few weeks ago - the frustration is that when we run at sides they can't deal with us, so why the feck does Freedman have us sitting back? We ran at them for 90 minutes today and absolutely wiped the floor with a side that beat QPR last week. Ross Turnbull, I suspect, will be spending the evening with his hands in an ice bath. Never felt more despondent this season than leaving the Bok on Tuesday, never better than today. It's a shit business. :D
You are Les McQueen and I claim my £5.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Exactly that Bruce. The sitting back doesn't often work, fails to play to our strengths and is utterly dull. This, today, was playing to our strengths and, after a dull first 20min, was entertaining.

Hopefully the start of something.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
jimbo wrote:

You are Les McQueen and I claim my £5.....
Yeay :oyea:

To paraphrase;
Annoyed Grunt wrote: Just knew that would be you.....
:D
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Oh, by the way, did anyone see any offence which led to Mills headed 'goal' being disallowed ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Anyone know when our last 3-niller was?
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:18 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:Anyone know when our last 3-niller was?
SAT
09APR 2011
West Ham
Barclays Premier League
Att 25,857 H 3 - 0 W Stats Report

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/ ... yRgkvwh.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:42 pm

first half 2-0 up - thought it slightly flattered us, albeit we had shaded first half. 2nd half dominated more & had a number of chances - some good saves by their keeper. Not getting the 3rd till v late meant always that worry of them pinching 1 back and set up a nervy finish, but to be honest that never really looked likely.

don't think Donny were poor (although a bloke next to us said they had a lot of guys out) but I was surprised by how open they played and how they didn't close us down quickly. That made for quite an open game and if the ref didn't give free kicks if anyone got within 2 yards, I'm not sure there would have been any - can't remember the trainer on - where did 5 additional minutes come from ??

stand out players for us - Mills (rock at the back - his long range passing is getting better too); Eagles - put the effort in and brings creativity and movement & shows for the ball; Moritz - the lads got some good skills, a sweet left foot & can pick a pass. Mason deserves mention for a good debut performance.

Think the disallowed goal was for holding /blocking - which allowed Mills the free header, albeit looked a bit 6 of 1 to me (so it might have been summat else).

All in all - its a good home win. We are still a very strange team - periods of static, almost sterile football, but with glimpses of really good stuff thats makes you doubt its the same players you are looking at

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Great result!

The promotion charge is back on.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:05 pm

jaffka wrote:The second time this season that I am prepared to step into the breach and create a match thread in order to guarantee a victory for the super whites. :oyea:
Not a bad effort, even got the margin right!!

:D

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
SAT
09APR 2011
West Ham
Barclays Premier League

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/ ... yRgkvwh.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Without wishing to be a party pooper. What was the next game and result after that? :roll:

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
SAT
09APR 2011
West Ham
Barclays Premier League

Without wishing to be a party pooper. What was the next game and result after that? :roll:
Erm.........we had a 2 week break, didn't we? International game or something......

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Good performance from the boys against a poor team. Not a criticism, we were pretty comfortable. First 10 or so nowt much happened, but when thry hit the post (it was a great save by Lonergan I think), we stepped it up.

The front 4 were all good. Eagles deserved his applause, Chungy played well, Mason's movement and skill on the ball were good, Moritz showed some clever skill.

Pratters worked hard, Spearing still isn't a patch on last season. Back 4 pretty solid, they didn't have many chances. Subs were probably about the right time too.

All in all, jolly good show. Having missed Tuesday's horror show due to work, I can only assume that this was much better?

The only thing I'd mention is I was still worried sh*tless at 2-0 for so long, thinking about what we'd do if they nicked one back.

Not as convinced that Moritz was MOTM, you could probably have made a decent case for Eagles, Chungy and Mason tbh.
All that apart from the bit about the Manager's gift to the fans, Moritz. Thought he was a class above today in the middle of the park and well deserved of MoTM
Pfffft.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
SAT
09APR 2011
West Ham
Barclays Premier League

Erm.........we had a 2 week break, didn't we? International game or something......
No. FA Cup semi. Ringing any bells, or blocked from your memory? Wish I could block it out.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
SAT
09APR 2011
West Ham
Barclays Premier League

No. FA Cup semi. Ringing any bells, or blocked from your memory? Wish I could block it out.
:doh:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
SAT
09APR 2011
West Ham
Barclays Premier League

Somebody trying to ruin a good day?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Merely referring to the gigantic fall that came after our last 3-0 win. I'm ecstatic tbh. Just look at my happy face! :D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Superb that. Utterly dominant. Could've had 7 or 8 and they couldn't have complained. I don't rate Pratley, but he bossed it today. His athleticism really made the formation. Everyone knew that having the 2 DM's wasn't working at home and he got around, broke up the play, joined in with the forwards and was involved in everything. Moritz looked the player we were promised. Mason lead the line very well and looked tidy. Doesn't look a natural striker, but has a good touch and looks the part. Mills was completely dominant in the air and is cementing himself as one of our most important players.

Loads of positives. A happy Boris tonight.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Why has it taken him 19 games to work out what 15,000+ of us knew all along .... that Spearing and Medo, being played the way they are, are two men doing one job ?

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:50 pm

We have the basis of a team that can put a run together. I actually like the way we set up away from home, it has worked this season. It just needed a tweak for the home games. They were pretty poor to be fair but I think playing Prats, Eagles and Moritz in the same midfield is the right thing to do. It does help with a striker that works up front. When Mason buggers off I don't know who we'd put up there but if he reverts to Beckford I'll pull my hair out. He's great to bring on when we're chasing a game but is offering very little in open play.

Most of the team was great especially Eagles and Mills. But Moritz was a cut above everyone else on the park. How many dangerous forward balls did he play? The only poor performance was Spearing IMO, very sloppy with passing and slow in possession. Think I'd rather have Medo in there. He's not going to spray the ball about but he does it simply and quickly instead dawdling on the ball as Spearing did quite often.

Back to catenaccio next week for a 1-0 grinding win away please.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside