Stu Holden was fantastic tonight for the U.S

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Stu Holden was fantastic tonight for the U.S

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Good luck with whatever you do in the future Stu, your a likeable lad and don't really deserve this.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the money that we got in recompense from the Holden injury turned out to be what we used to bring in Andre Moritz.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Mar wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the money that we got in recompense from the Holden injury turned out to be what we used to bring in Andre Moritz.
It was getting Sordell of the wages and Charlton paying instead, Dougie's said so himself in an interview.

Edit: Here's the aforementioned interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb5H_moK ... 53l44i0LFw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm

http://twitter.com/stuholden/status/364 ... 17/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 pm

blimey - looks ,like he's aged...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:25 am

thebish wrote:
blimey - looks ,like he's aged...
Any idea why he has one of them paint shade strip things on his forehead? Looks like black or 50 shades of grey...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:33 am

His positivity is touching, impressive but in comprehensible to a miserable feck like me. Hope it pays off for the lad, full of admiration for him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 am

now i know the yanks are paying his wages - i'm feeling a lot more positive about this... yes - it's a long road to recovery - but I think now he's pretty much tied to us - and it isn't costing us anything - should he come back hungry and fit - then we can't really lose... plus - we're not losing his wages while he's sat on a treatment table... he's shown remarkable positivity and determination this far - good luck to him!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 am

thebish wrote:now i know the yanks are paying his wages - i'm feeling a lot more positive about this... yes - it's a long road to recovery - but I think now he's pretty much tied to us - and it isn't costing us anything - should he come back hungry and fit - then we can't really lose... plus - we're not losing his wages while he's sat on a treatment table... he's shown remarkable positivity and determination this far - good luck to him!
Marc Iles reckons they aren't......

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:now i know the yanks are paying his wages - i'm feeling a lot more positive about this... yes - it's a long road to recovery - but I think now he's pretty much tied to us - and it isn't costing us anything - should he come back hungry and fit - then we can't really lose... plus - we're not losing his wages while he's sat on a treatment table... he's shown remarkable positivity and determination this far - good luck to him!
It's Marc Iles and I'm really not sure how his opinion is any more valid than anyone else's who watches football... :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It's Marc Iles and I'm really not sure how his opinion is any more valid than anyone else's who watches football... :wink:
Well I doubt it's an opinion. He was told by the club that whilst there is some compensation, the full wages are not being covered. Mind the club would want to say that.

All I'm saying is that we don't have a definitive answer either way.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Well I doubt it's an opinion. He was told by the club that whilst there is some compensation, the full wages are not being covered. Mind the club would want to say that.

sorry - I missed off the quotes...
on march 11th 2013 BWFCi wrote:It's Marc Iles and I'm really not sure how his opinion is any more valid than anyone else's who watches football.
:wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:36 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

sorry - I missed off the quotes...
on march 11th 2013 BWFCi wrote:It's Marc Iles and I'm really not sure how his opinion is any more valid than anyone else's who watches football.
:wink:
On an opinion piece yes. But this is entirely different.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 am

Lets solve this once and for all.

What does Lord Knowall of Nixonshire say?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:45 am

They pay part of the wages, but not all.

Think there's an agreed percentage that FIFA put in place.

Kind of a "yeah, he got injured with us, sorry. But you're happy to sign international players, so...."
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:04 pm

He's back in the building :)
Dougie Freedman on the return of Stuart Holden to the club's training ground

Dougie Freedman says Stuart Holden’s presence at the training ground over the Christmas period will provide everyone with a timely boost.

The likeable American is back in Bolton checking in with the club’s medical staff as part of his rehabilitation process.

The 28-year-old landed at Manchester airport on Sunday afternoon before heading straight to the DW Stadium where he was part of the 4,500 plus in the away end.

“It’s great to have Stuart Holden back in the building with us,” Freedman explained.

“It’s still a little bit of a different case with Stuart at this moment.

“He brings a great quality to our group when he’s in and around the place.

“If we’re being honest, he’s still got a long way to go. Don’t expect to see him out on the pitch in the coming weeks, but knowing Stuart and his mentality, he’s working as hard as he possibly can to get back out there.

“The plan is pretty straightforward. Stuart is back over here to spend a few weeks with our medical guys. We’ll see where he is, and then he’ll head back to the US to continue his rehabilitation.

“The main reason for that is because he’s already started his rehab work over there. The weather is also better for him to work in.

“Once he has made significant progress on that front, probably about six to eight weeks, he’ll then come back to us to step up the work on the football side of things.”

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 pm

I can't get excited by this. He'll either play half a game then get another year out with injury or crawl his way back to fitness, manage a personal career best of six consecutive games then fck off to Stoke on a free in the summer.
Businesswoman of the year.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Deranged Feck will play him at centre back when Zat is moved upfront permanently.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Deranged Feck will play him at centre back when Zat is moved upfront permanently.
coyle's been sacked.

and i'm fairly sure mr. freedman wont play him against a team of bus drivers and plasterers, or play him while he's still got two six inch rivets in his leg.

maybe he can be used to stand offside from a opponent's goalkick ?

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:35 pm

How's that working out for you?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.