Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:57 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Thought we panned 'em for about 70 of the 90 minutes to be honest. Really intense and entertaining game. 2 clusterfucks the only difference between a draw and a comfortable win.

The treatment Zat got was disgusting but he cost is dear. Played well after and credit for taking it on the chin, but too little too late.

Mills held the defence together yet again with the shit either side of him. Spearing needs dropping as it's like playing with 10 men. Mark Davies looks short, but was still a stand out player for us. Chungy playing himself into a bit of form and Eagles was good for an hour.

Some positives in there, but some negatives too. (Jay, Mason on his Todd, Ream & Knight)
If we can get a centre half in I think replacing Spearing with Ream would be a plan. I like Ream as a footballer but don't trust him as a defender. Thought he did well today though. Need McN back ASAP if possible.
i was praying for per frandsen to come back out in his kit after doing the half time draw.
we need somebody in central midfield with a bit of prescence - like a frandsen or faye - who can dominate and let the moritz/ mavies do their thing. we very rarely win the midfield battle even with the 5

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Thought we panned 'em for about 70 of the 90 minutes to be honest. Really intense and entertaining game. 2 clusterfucks the only difference between a draw and a comfortable win.

The treatment Zat got was disgusting but he cost is dear. Played well after and credit for taking it on the chin, but too little too late.

Mills held the defence together yet again with the shit either side of him. Spearing needs dropping as it's like playing with 10 men. Mark Davies looks short, but was still a stand out player for us. Chungy playing himself into a bit of form and Eagles was good for an hour.

Some positives in there, but some negatives too. (Jay, Mason on his Todd, Ream & Knight)
If we can get a centre half in I think replacing Spearing with Ream would be a plan. I like Ream as a footballer but don't trust him as a defender. Thought he did well today though. Need McN back ASAP if possible.

McNaughton played for Cardiff today so we might have to look elsewhere.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 pm

'tis a hard job this management...

turn the clock back a few months and you'd be hard pressed to find a voice on here that wasn't urging dougie to sell the family silver and buy spearing... now we want spearing dropped...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:17 pm

For me Dougie has got 2 games, if he dosent win at least 1 it is good night Vienna simple as that.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:23 pm

thebish wrote:'tis a hard job this management...
Oh I don't know, from what I read it's a piece of piss. Anyone can do it at least to a standard better than whoever BWFC currently have in the position.
thebish wrote:turn the clock back a few months and you'd be hard pressed to find a voice on here that wasn't urging dougie to sell the family silver and buy spearing...
Though not impossible!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:34 am

Enoch wrote:
thebish wrote:'tis a hard job this management...
Oh I don't know, from what I read it's a piece of piss. Anyone can do it at least to a standard better than whoever BWFC currently have in the position.
thebish wrote:turn the clock back a few months and you'd be hard pressed to find a voice on here that wasn't urging dougie to sell the family silver and buy spearing...
Though not impossible!
Well I think that's because he was so good last season and as a young man likely to improve.
This season he's shit. I don't see that fickleness comes into it.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:38 am

Il Pirate wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Thanks Tango. So, the New Year is depressingly as poor as what went before...

Much as I'd love to have a h'apenth of DSB's hope. The best thing I've got out of today is that your avatar looks like a masochists dildo...........Could we **** Dougie with it AT ?
You're more than welcome. You get the double whammy of shoving the tallest pointy building up his are and him in jail for out of buggery :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 am

Bloody tablets ruining my spelling :oops:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote: Apart from winning absolutely everything, you're judging his performance in how he passes the ball? A centre back?
You think it too much to ask of someone that does nothing other than kick a football for a sumptuous living than for him to kick it to someone wearing the same coloured kit, or at least knock it in their general direction?. Mills' distribution is nothing better than Sunday league.
Not if there's nobody to pass to
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

klasnicks
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnicks » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:13 am

Chungy is so frustrating to watch, the amount of chances the lad wastes taking too many touches and not being direct enough is costing us big time. Just get the fecking ball into the box!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 am

Yeah. Cross the ball into that empty box for the defenders to clear.

Chungy was one of our positives yesterday. always looking for the ball, probing inside and retained possession as well as anybody else.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:34 am

That was awful yesterday, I don't know how people are saying it wasn't too bad?

Aside of the two cock ups, an hour wasted playing big hoof to a 4 foot 3 14yr old is just pointless.

I don't know why Moritz didn't start but (barring injuries) I can't see why the man of the match for the previous game, plus scorer of 2 goals didn't?

We constantly give the ball away, Mills defends well but I can't understand why he can't just play a simple ball sometimes?

Movement in midfield is useless, Mark Davies seems to just hang around the centre circle, Spearing isn't sure which colour we're playing in and Pratley has the footballing talent of gravel.

I'm at a total loss as to how it's going to be sorted though? The players are woefully underachieving but it's not helped by playing a system that doesn't suit the personnel.

We can't afford to get rid of Freedman, nor can we bring in better players.

Any ideas anyone??!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:36 am

boltonboris wrote:Yeah. Cross the ball into that empty box for the defenders to clear.

Chungy was one of our positives yesterday. always looking for the ball, probing inside and retained possession as well as anybody else.
I agree. So Dougie did the only sensible thing he could, subbed him off.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 am

boltonboris wrote:Yeah. Cross the ball into that empty box for the defenders to clear.

I'd agree that he retains possession, but I'm afraid there is absolutely no threat with the lad. Its not a case of just throwing the ball in its about occupying and taking on the opponents full back and he just doesn't do it. There was a perfect illustration yesterday in the 2nd half when chungy managed to knock it past the FB and looked like he would be in, but the lad quite easily matched chungy for pace and muscled him off the ball. More often than not he receives the ball and either doubles back or cuts inside, all in front of the opposition. He had a good chance to let fly in the 1st half but hesistated and the chance went

seriously does he make you get on the edge of your seat when he gets the ball. the feeney loan illustrated the difference it can make having a wide player who can stretch and turn around the opposition

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:12 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:

I'd agree that he retains possession, but I'm afraid there is absolutely no threat with the lad. Its not a case of just throwing the ball in its about occupying and taking on the opponents full back and he just doesn't do it. There was a perfect illustration yesterday in the 2nd half when chungy managed to knock it past the FB and looked like he would be in, but the lad quite easily matched chungy for pace and muscled him off the ball. More often than not he receives the ball and either doubles back or cuts inside, all in front of the opposition. He had a good chance to let fly in the 1st half but hesistated and the chance went

seriously does he make you get on the edge of your seat when he gets the ball. the feeney loan illustrated the difference it can make having a wide player who can stretch and turn around the opposition
^100% with you on this. Chungy just wont take anybody on. As you said, time after time he cuts inside and narrows the game too much. He's soo undecided with what to do when he has the ball, that when he does decide to pass/shoot the defenders have had time to cover him. He's not been the same player since his injury, whether its a confidence thing, I dont know but its frustrating.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 am

He skinned that full back numerous times in the first half before he swapped at HT

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 am

Andy Waller wrote:
I don't know why Moritz didn't start but (barring injuries) I can't see why the man of the match for the previous game, plus scorer of 2 goals didn't?
moritz is dougie's gift to the fans... the Lord gives and the Lord taketh away... :wink:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 am

Moritz got a knock at Leicester and I would guess that was the reason for not starting. He probably wouldn't have come on at all if we wasn't chasing the game.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:

he's a curate's egg...

he's not alone in not getting people to the edge of their seat... it's illustrative to watch how many wanderers fans stand up in anticipation of a goal when the ball breaks to one of our players around the edge of the box... it used to be an instinctive thing to stand up in expectation... nowadays, bums remain firmly on seats.... we are not expecting anything to happen most of the time....

klasnicks
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnicks » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:26 am

boltonboris wrote:He skinned that full back numerous times in the first half before he swapped at HT

He's all fart and no dump. Compare with Danns or Feeney, he has no end product, hardly ever gets his crossing right, and takes one touch too many in front of goal when he's presented with a chance.