Ipswich Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Ipswich Match Thread

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:57 pm

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "Not for the first time we felt we were by far the better side in the opening 45 minutes." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "At the start of the second half a rush of blood and a rash decision was the difference between the two teams." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We don't blame Andrew Lonergan, because he has been superb for us recently." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We can't let our heads go down. We have to make sure we keep the performance and commitment levels up." #IPSvBOL”

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:02 pm

So, unlucky again....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:10 pm

So am I being born in bolton!! ;)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "Not for the first time we felt we were by far the better side in the opening 45 minutes." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "At the start of the second half a rush of blood and a rash decision was the difference between the two teams." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We don't blame Andrew Lonergan, because he has been superb for us recently." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We can't let our heads go down. We have to make sure we keep the performance and commitment levels up." #IPSvBOL”
Still he is convinced that all is well but for the break of the ball.

The only occasions I recall differently were the 7-1 v Reading and the 5-3 against Leicester.

In the latwr he took a Megsonian vision that we wete up against a master-race and should be proud to have given them a game while in the thrashing it was just "one of those days, could happen to anybody".

Otherwise this pile od shite comes pouring out.

I suppose it's not realistic to expect him to say "y'know, we were poorly organised and I chose a poor team for the occasion" but it'd be very welcome.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:38 pm

The worst thing about today, on a personal level, is the fact that Tom Eaves scored a last minute equaliser against Brentford for Shrewsbury which cost me over £1,500 on an accumulator.

I'm destined never to like him.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:The worst thing about today, on a personal level, is the fact that Tom Eaves scored a last minute equaliser against Brentford for Shrewsbury which cost me over £1,500 on an accumulator.

I'm destined never to like him.
Ouch. :shock:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:46 pm

We're 20th in the Championship and yet three of our strikers are out on loan. Who do we think we are, Arsenal? I have a bad feeling i'll nip to the toilet and when I come back we'll have loaned another striker out!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Struggling to post but we aren't doing much anyway. Eagles joined now by Del Boy and Chungy. Still no Moritz....?
Moritz most likely to score but if it's not on dougies spreadsheet, forget it. Stop obsessing about results y'all!
But he was Dougie's "little present for the fans" ... how can he not play him !?!?!?

I have to say I'm getting to the point of hating the Scotchish shyster.
Bobo, I do hate Freedman and the damage that he's being allowed / left in position to inflict....but I hate that smarmy cnut Gartside even more !
Before I respond to this or anything else of the indignant foam you write, I have to ask if you are still a customer or have reverted to your former position of being a supporter? I only ask because I treat the two kinds of post with differing degrees of respect...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 pm

William the White wrote:Before I respond to this or anything else of the indignant foam you write, I have to ask if you are still a customer or have reverted to your former position of being a supporter? I only ask because I treat the two kinds of post with differing degrees of respect...
Clearly referring to something I've said Billy. But you've lost me.

I haven't stopped being a supporter, but am pretty close to the point where I can't watch this crap any more.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:Before I respond to this or anything else of the indignant foam you write, I have to ask if you are still a customer or have reverted to your former position of being a supporter? I only ask because I treat the two kinds of post with differing degrees of respect...

I haven't stopped being a supporter, but am pretty close to the point where I can't watch this crap any more.
Not at all - it's entirely directed at Peter Thompson who has previously this season declared that he is no longer willing to attend games because of his hatred for the manager's ineptness... That makes him a customer, picking and choosing that he likes this and doesn't fancy that. I think a supporter earns the right to be genuinely and rightly critical by being a supporter... I have no problem with Peter Thompson at all if he's committing himself to the club at this difficult time. neither do I have a problem with him if he's picking and choosing. I just have a different way of considering his opinions...

PT highlighted your words, not me... I have no problem with you... I've discussed things with you at half time! I respect your opinion... You are a supporter...

Thor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thor » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:53 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "Not for the first time we felt we were by far the better side in the opening 45 minutes." #IPSvBOL”

"we have no blame culture at this football club" has to be the best quote, after his public flogging of the team after Reading. What a great morale booster that was!
Last edited by Thor on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:32 am

I went to the game yesterday. In simple we were sh*T and Douglas showed no intention to attack for the whole game, the game was poor and in the end a Lonergan mistake cost us. Dougie came for the draw and we were beaten in fact I can only remember us having 1 shot on target which was a weak effort from Eagles. We only took about 400 fans and invariably as some chanted Freedman out others chanted Gartside out.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:44 am

William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Not at all - it's entirely directed at Peter Thompson who has previously this season declared that he is no longer willing to attend games because of his hatred for the manager's ineptness... That makes him a customer, picking and choosing that he likes this and doesn't fancy that. I think a supporter earns the right to be genuinely and rightly critical by being a supporter... I have no problem with Peter Thompson at all if he's committing himself to the club at this difficult time. neither do I have a problem with him if he's picking and choosing. I just have a different way of considering his opinions...

PT highlighted your words, not me... I have no problem with you... I've discussed things with you at half time! I respect your opinion... You are a supporter...
I've not been for a good few months since I said that's it....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:09 am

Thor wrote:

"we have no blame culture at this football club" has to be the best quote, after the his public flogging if the team after Reading. What a great morale booster that was!
You can almost hear Winston Smith scribbling away in the background whilst we're asked to pop a few things in the memory hole.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 am

Another defeat away from home. Does anyone at the moment expect any different?

One striker on the pitch, new to the system (do we actually have a system?) with the only replacement on the bench an attacking midfielder. If plan A goes tits up as it so often does there isn't much scope for a plan B. The bizzare transfer dealings have seen to that.

Am I wrong in suggesting that Bolton fans just want to see their team have a go?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:54 am

I'd like to see why he signed players like Moritz. And for there to be a plan A.

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am

not posted for a while because 90% of the forum are TIT's

but am i right in saying we lost 1 - 0

yet 3 of our strikers scored 2 of which were playing in the same league as us and 1 for a relegation rival?

WTF are we doing??

seriously we need to be playing

a back 5 Of i dont care most are useless

2 cdm spearing medo pratey

3 forwards literally whoever can create and take a chance eagles springs to mind ect

longball who cares football - get results

(your oppinions dont matter to me)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am

Lord Kangana wrote:I'd like to see why he signed players like Moritz. And for there to be a plan A.
The plan a, away from home is to get a draw.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 am

mrpiccollo wrote:not posted for a while because 90% of the forum are TIT's

but am i right in saying we lost 1 - 0

yet 3 of our strikers scored 2 of which were playing in the same league as us and 1 for a relegation rival?

WTF are we doing??

seriously we need to be playing

a back 5 Of i dont care most are useless

2 cdm spearing medo pratey

3 forwards literally whoever can create and take a chance eagles springs to mind ect

longball who cares football - get results

(your oppinions dont matter to me)
After your opening line, do you expect people to take you seriously?

If this site is so crap, why come on?

Go the whole way and tell us who the great 10% are and the others. You could even do a gif :lol:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:04 am

Do the opinions of 100% not matter, or just the 90%?

Only, I reckon I'm in with a shout of being in the 10% non-tits.