Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Odelusi's gone out on loan to MK Dons.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/11028737._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Odelusi's gone out on loan to MK Dons.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/11028737._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M'wah !!!

Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Are we a football club or a striker rental service?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Odelusi's gone out on loan to MK Dons.

And Bolger :

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... ve-on-loan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 pm

This is great forward thinking by Dougie, to scout out next seasons opposition. Rejoice!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Great!

Both positions we need cover in
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:40 pm

what funny pictures / messages will this sammy kid tweet after this ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Just to be clear the fee thing is true. Under 23's, you have to pay a "training fee" to the club they left.

As for the bit about whether we can sign him or not, I don't know, that was me speculating.

The fee though small, sounds like it is a barrier for whatever reason.....
That's the case if we pick some youngster up from a club on a Bosman. But this guy is a free agent. Gothenberg released him last summer, so I doubt that applies.

The real issue is
a). whether he's any cop. ... 2 caps at an age we'd still be loaning him out suggest he should be
b). Yet ^^ Gothenberg HAVE released him, so there must be some doubts about him.
c). Whether we need someone of his playing position and style .... well, we need good layers whatever but we need full-backs right now.
d). Is he fit enough to be available right now .... it seems not & given DF's views on fitness he ought not take him on.
e). Can we afford him ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:03 pm

the prob is his knees are/were knackered, must be a risk

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:39 pm

I have decided he will be average.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:42 pm

He isn't being signed

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Just to be clear the fee thing is true. Under 23's, you have to pay a "training fee" to the club they left.

As for the bit about whether we can sign him or not, I don't know, that was me speculating.

That's the case if we pick some youngster up from a club on a Bosman. But this guy is a free agent. Gothenberg released him last summer, so I doubt that applies.

The real issue is
a). whether he's any cop. ... 2 caps at an age we'd still be loaning him out suggest he should be
b). Yet ^^ Gothenberg HAVE released him, so there must be some doubts about him.
c). Whether we need someone of his playing position and style .... well, we need good layers whatever but we need full-backs right now.
d). Is he fit enough to be available right now .... it seems not & given DF's views on fitness he ought not take him on.
e). Can we afford him ?
A Bosman is when a player is out of contract.

This lad let his contract with Gothenberg run down apparently, whether they released him or he decided to let his contract go, the training compensation rule still stands as far as I know.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

The real issue is
e). Can we afford him ?

This lad let his contract with Gothenberg run down apparently, whether they released him or he decided to let his contract go, the training compensation rule still stands as far as I know.
But that would be bonkers. If nobody picks him up for a few years and then he turns up at say, Bury (or us :roll: ) would Gothenberg STILL be entitled to summat? Once he leaves them there must be a time limit or some sort surely, for which they can still claim a development fee?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

The real issue is
e). Can we afford him ?

But that would be bonkers. If nobody picks him up for a few years and then he turns up at say, Bury (or us :roll: ) would Gothenberg STILL be entitled to summat? Once he leaves them there must be a time limit or some sort surely, for which they can still claim a development fee?
Once he's over 23 I think......

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Does that count for an overseas signing though? I thought it only counted in domestic signings.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:09 pm

I suspect we're all guessing here.

Anyway, he's not coming now ... maybe in the summer if he & the current manager get along OK.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 pm

I think the compensation fee applies to the EU only so I think this is where my confusion comes from.

A player from outside the EU could be signed for nowt.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:40 am

Wed only have to pay compo if he'd been offered a new deal at his old club. It's to stop the best youngsters running down their contracts and fecking off to City for nowt. If he was 'released' as it sounds then they wouldn't have offered him a new in so he'd be free.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 pm

That We're all getting a semi on about some swede who has been bombed out of his club, because he might be able to fill in at left back, speaks volumes.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:31 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11 ... ds/?ref=mr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, it seems they ARE entitled to a fee. They are after £320k and we've baulked at it.

I'm guessing it may get resurrected, if not now then in the summer IF DF is still here & if no-one else has taken him on.

Meanwhile, question remains ... is he a full back or a centre-half.

So, which defender will we not sign next ?