Who Do You Want?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Who Do You Want?

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Well, one manager has gone from the list.

Palace have just appointed Warnock. He is the sort we need IMO.
Did I miss the moment you announced that you are now firmly in the Dougie Out camp ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Did I miss the moment you announced that you are now firmly in the Dougie Out camp ?
The mad one has surreptitiously edged his way into the nudge out DF camp - after being the man praising the heavens for having, in DF, a 'proper manager' at last!

If you expect him ever to admit, on any footballing issue, that he has ever got anything wrong, you may have a very long wait.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 pm

All these players that weren't good enough for the Championship - why didn't someone feel like mentioning it mention it to Dougie Freedman when he renewed their contracts and/or made their loan deals permanent? And since when did Coyle sign Jermaine Beckford, or Craig Davies? (there are others, but I'm hoping in vain that a manager with some semblance of ability might actually set-to in the task of actually managing instead of whinging all the bloody time.)
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:17 pm

William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

The mad one has surreptitiously edged his way into the nudge out DF camp - after being the man praising the heavens for having, in DF, a 'proper manager' at last!

If you expect him ever to admit, on any footballing issue, that he has ever got anything wrong, you may have a very long wait.
Probably as long as for people to tell SmokinF he probably called it right :evil:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:23 pm

William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Just in the same way that those who defended Coyle to the rafters when he was very evidently sending this club back to the dark ages in the most appalling manner and spending a fortune doing so haven't ever come out and said "hey you were right and we were wrong".

But whatever.

I thought Freedman would turn us round. He hasn't. I don't believe it is as black and white as people are making out and were it my decision I'd stick with him for the forseeable because I don't see a way out right now. However, I was wrong he hasn't done as well as I thought and ultimately is now taking us backwards. Does that make it better?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I thought Freedman would turn us round. He hasn't. I don't believe it is as black and white as people are making out and were it my decision I'd stick with him for the forseeable because I don't see a way out right now.

However, I was wrong he hasn't done as well as I thought and ultimately is now taking us backwards. Does that make it better?
There. It didn't hurt, now did it ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

B4E
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by B4E » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Just in the same way that those who defended Coyle to the rafters when he was very evidently sending this club back to the dark ages in the most appalling manner and spending a fortune doing so haven't ever come out and said "hey you were right and we were wrong".
This is exactly the thing I don't understand, anyone who was negative towards Coyle for most of our relegation season (I include myself in that, I hated Coyle after the way we collapsed post-Wembley) were shot down and told they were wrong and deluded. Now, it's completely reversed. I think if we sack Freedman now/soon, we'll get someone worse and we'll be relegated next season if not this season. Again, I get shot down and called wrong and deluded.

Makes no sense to me. I think it's plain to see that Freedman isn't going to take us forward. I just think replacing him will take us backwards.
I miss Zat Knight already.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 pm

rather have coyle back, yeah we'll be shit, but we'll have a better chance of staying up when we get promoted.

#deanholden4life

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 pm

a1 wrote:

rather have coyle back, yeah we'll be shit, but we'll have a better chance of staying up when we get promoted.

#deanholden4life
a1 speaking words of great sense, there.

Not just about Dean Holden, but about the fact that Colin isn't really a very good manager.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Someone like Karl Robinson (MK Dons), seen the highlights of them against united last night and they were very impressive, used possession well had plenty of it & pressed united when they didn't, it's one of the major flaws with us!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 pm

William the White wrote:
not really true, though - as BWFCi has admitted he was wrong more than once... most recently over Beckford.

BWFCi also admitted he was wrong about the quality of the Bolton squad when we came down - having formerly said it was simply an ace squad managed by a turnip... he admitted quite openly that he got that wrong...

all in the interests of fairness...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
not really true, though - as BWFCi has admitted he was wrong more than once... most recently over Beckford.

BWFCi also admitted he was wrong about the quality of the Bolton squad when we came down - having formerly said it was simply an ace squad managed by a turnip... he admitted quite openly that he got that wrong...

And all after an aforementioned very long wait. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:

And all after an aforementioned very long wait. :)
maybe - but I don't think BWFCi is noticeably any less likely to admit wrongness than any other forum member I can think of - WtW and myself included! :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 am

Not really. There's a particular kind of poster who seems to have an inbuilt idea that being wrong is something to be ashamed of, rather than something normal to be learnt from. I have no idea where they get it from.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 am

Prufrock wrote:Not really. There's a particular kind of poster who seems to have an inbuilt idea that being wrong is something to be ashamed of, rather than something normal to be learnt from. I have no idea where they get it from.
Don't worry, you'll get over it mate. :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 am

Prufrock wrote:Not really. There's a particular kind of poster who seems to have an inbuilt idea that being wrong is something to be ashamed of, rather than something normal to be learnt from. I have no idea where they get it from.
What's this "wrong" thing of which you speak?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:57 am

I was wrong once, but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:02 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I was wrong once, but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake 8)
“It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right.” (Lemony Snicket)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 am

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I thought Freedman would turn us round. He hasn't. I don't believe it is as black and white as people are making out and were it my decision I'd stick with him for the forseeable because I don't see a way out right now.

However, I was wrong he hasn't done as well as I thought and ultimately is now taking us backwards. Does that make it better?
There. It didn't hurt, now did it ?
your turn now, Bobo... :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:
Probably as long as for people to tell SmokinF he probably called it right :evil:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.