Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by palexjones » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:26 pm

LeverEnd wrote:BWFCi is right, he is apparently a 'goalscorer', which is code for 'does feck all else', so he has to be clinical to make up for that and he is not. He misses too many chances.
I'm all for a 20-25 goal striker who does nothing else, but he isn't it (apart from the nothing else bit).
Decent manager might bring it out in him but he hasn't got one, and better managers have failed to.
My thoughts also, If he had scored half of the sitters he has had and not fluffed the one on ones (he has created) the fans would be behind him
I have hoped since his arrival he would come good but.................
whereas davies was a cheap punt, who since his arrival has just seemed to run around like a headless chicken and delivering F all, but this season has looked a threat, created problems in oppositions defences and really looks a different player
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. KURT VONNEGUT (1922-2007)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:29 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Baptiste has decided he doesn't like us anymore. And that he is definitely a centre-half.
One day we'll find out what went on about the centre-half thing with him here.

Maybe.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Does anyone care about Jordon Ibe anymore?

Tricky Al still does
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... olton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mind you, he was banging on about Rhodes signing last summer. Maybe he's a big Katie Price fan. I know I am.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Puskas wrote:Does anyone care about Jordon Ibe anymore?

Tricky Al still does
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... olton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mind you, he was banging on about Rhodes signing last summer. Maybe he's a big Katie Price fan. I know I am.
Anyone who's already paid The Sun care to relate what it says after the second paragraph?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Puskas wrote:Does anyone care about Jordon Ibe anymore?

Tricky Al still does
Anyone who's already paid The Sun care to relate what it says after the second paragraph?
I don't know what it says in the Sun, but, from Nixon's comments on twitter, the player hasn't been asked who he'd like to join and Liverpool will leave it up to him. Our bid for him was accepted last week. Nixon seems to be hinting (on what basis, I have no idea) that the player would prefer us.

So he's joining Derby.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Baptiste has decided he doesn't like us anymore. And that he is definitely a centre-half.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... k/?ref=mac
What a sack of shite.. He isn't playing CB because Blackburn want him there.. He is there because of injury! He started the first game out wide and had to move inside at half time due to injury and no backup CB.

As soon as players are fit, he will be back out wide and crying again.

It makes me laugh how he thinks CB is his best position but can't stay on his feet when someone is running at goal. Penalty machine.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Good riddance.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Ibe has signed for Derby on loan.
Today Manchester City's engineer has said that the following players can leave on loan: Richards, Nastasic, Guidetti & Sinclair. We haven't got a chance with any of em! Boo Hisss!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Ibe has signed for Derby on loan.
Hardly surprising. However, no doubt there are other, equally implausible Jord[o|a]ns for Tricky Al to link us to.

Expect stories suggesting we're about to sign Jordan Henderson and young Lancashire all-rounder Jordan Clark.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Puskas wrote:
Hardly surprising. However, no doubt there are other, equally implausible Jord[o|a]ns for Tricky Al to link us to.

Expect stories suggesting we're about to sign Jordan Henderson and young Lancashire all-rounder Jordan Clark.
Just as long as nobody mentions "that" woman..... :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Today Manchester City's engineer has said that the following players can leave on loan: Richards, Nastasic, Guidetti & Sinclair. We haven't got a chance with any of em! Boo Hisss!
I wouldn't mind trying to sign Guidetti on loan in a The Juke type of role. Not going to happen but we can dream
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Clearly we need to try and sort our loans out as early as perm transfers. Before they realise how shit we are.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:39 pm

Puskas wrote:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Just a thought but could ED be keeping money back to get rid of Dougie and that's why we can't bring players in?
Pfffft.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

DOUGIE Freedman believes he still has the backing of Wanderers owner Eddie Davies and chairman Phil Gartside despite the club’s poor start to the campaign.

The Whites sit third bottom with one point from five games after today’s 1-0 defeat at Elland Road.

Many fans have called for a change in management but speaking after the final whistle at Elland Road, Freedman claimed the club’s hierarchy was still behind his rebuilding efforts.

“I completely understand that people have got their own opinions,” he said. “We’re in one thinking process at the top (of the club). They understand where we are and what we’re trying to do.

“I have been asked to do a job and that’s to lower the wage bill but also try and keep the football club moving forward. It’s very difficult.

“I don’t think that was a problem today. I think it was that desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

Wanderers had several clear-cut chances to earn at least a point at Elland Road but Freedman was amazed his side emerged pointless, pointing to some poor defending in the build-up to Stephen Warnock’s winning goal as the decisive point in the game.

“If someone told me we would have that much possession, play in their final third for the majority of the game, create that many opportunities and still come away not having won the game, I’d be scratching my head,” he said.

“Once again an individual mistake costs us dearly. That has got to stop because it’s hurting us dearly.

“But when you look back through the game we had enough of the ball and created enough chances in that last hour – I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:02 pm

The good news is that we are going to avoid a transfer ban. By not signing anybody....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 pm

ChrisC wrote:DOUGIE Freedman said that "when you look back through the game we had enough of the ball and created enough chances in that last hour – I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”
Oh. Only last week we were going to control games without possession. Has anyone ever spouted as much shite as this clueless prick?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ChrisC wrote:DOUGIE Freedman said that "when you look back through the game we had enough of the ball and created enough chances in that last hour – I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”
Oh. Only last week we were going to control games without possession. Has anyone ever spouted as much shite as this clueless prick?
"I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

I am fckg speechless. :whack:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Happen a bit more desire to get it in theirs would've been nice.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 pm

perhaps he's read this forum and realises he will be lynched if he says all we need is a bit of luck