Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Freedman out!

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:10 pm

I don't believe the bulk of the players are poor (Trotter excepted, natch). I think they are mystified by what this clown is asking them to do. They are dazed and, may I say, confused. I truly believe a herniated goat could get them playing better.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 pm

coffeymagic wrote:'Get real' What a cheeky c*nt.
Except, without reopening the quotegate, he never said that.

Rest of what you say, I can't argue with. But to be fair, he never said "Get real".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:Failure to win tomorrow surely has to see the end of this buffoon and his reign of catastrophe.
See, we were discussing this on Saturday. What will realistically be seen as the tipping point? I think we're saddled until at least Christmas.
It's intriguing to wonder how late we could stay in the bottom three without them taking a calculated gamble. Presuming his (and others') contract ends in June, as reported, it becomes less and less expensive to pop him in the garden.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:Failure to win tomorrow surely has to see the end of this buffoon and his reign of catastrophe.
See, we were discussing this on Saturday. What will realistically be seen as the tipping point? I think we're saddled until at least Christmas.
It's intriguing to wonder how late we could stay in the bottom three without them taking a calculated gamble. Presuming his (and others') contract ends in June, as reported, it becomes less and less expensive to pop him in the garden.
A hitman is taking things a bit far DSB. Come now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:27 pm

BOLTON SIGN HITMAN

He'd f*cking miss.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
FFFNNNAAAAAARRRRRRR :lol:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I don't believe the bulk of the players are poor (Trotter excepted, natch). I think they are mystified by what this clown is asking them to do. They are dazed and, may I say, confused. I truly believe a herniated goat could get them playing better.
I do...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:Would Pardew think it remarkable and praiseworthy that "3 or 4" of his team were still trying in the last 10 minutes ? Or that teamwork was almost unique to his amazing managerial techniques ? Or that this may be achieved by setting the players and fans against each other was a strategy ?

More importantly, would he think Trotter would be better on the pitch or shovelling leaves ?
Given his own team's performance at the same time, I think Pardew would think it remarkable and praiseworthy if "3 or 4" of his team were still trying in the first 10 minutes!

But yeah, pish.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:52 am

Today is D-Day.

It's Darlington 1985 all over again. Minute crowd, uninspired players, befuddled manager and opposition who will really enjoy twisting the knife.

Lose tonight and it's all over for the Wanderers.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 am

Apparently there are a couple of posts on Twitter saying Freedman has been potted!! Probably total nonsense though..

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:54 am

I won't believe it until Alan Nixon confirms it...

Rock Of Lyon
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rock Of Lyon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Two things:-

1. My understanding is that Freedman was only given a 2 1/2 year contract in 2012 and that this has not been renewed, and so his departure before the end of this season would appear to be cheap and inevitable.

2. Freedman's time in charge appears to have been consistent only in producing a total lack of consistency from the team, even when the squad was stronger than it is now. Indeed it can be argued with some force that the squad has consistently performed beneath what it was capable of and this continues until the present time.

His departure is therefore welcome and inevitable. What is far from clear is who will and should replace him. Despite our lowly position in the championship the size and reputation of this club with its excellent ground, facilities and academy should still attract a manager of significant quality.

But they mustn't wait too long......

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Sets himself ridiculously low targets which he has yet to achieve. Sounds a bit like my service record. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Sets himself ridiculously low targets which he has yet to achieve. Sounds a bit like my service record. 8)
failure is only success rounded down... :wink:

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:10 pm

thebish wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:Sets himself ridiculously low targets which he has yet to achieve. Sounds a bit like my service record. 8)
failure is only success rounded down... :wink:
Turn that failure upside down!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Rock Of Lyon wrote:Two things:-

1. My understanding is that Freedman was only given a 2 1/2 year contract in 2012 and that this has not been renewed, and so his departure before the end of this season would appear to be cheap and inevitable.
contra:- owen coyle's contract extension

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:57 pm

He was recruited into a season. His 2.5 or almost 3 year contract, runs until the end of this season.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:57 pm

That's what I thought too.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Me too.

No silver linings here.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Indeed not, but it did make me check his contract length, and I was aghast to find it had another full season left... until I remembered it's already 2014. His contract does indeed seem to run out next June – and although A1 raises a spooky spectre, that's when the club was throwing money about like a man with no arms (or indeed DDA Drug Bar)...