Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:50 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Much respect to mills, went up front looked like he meant it then gave his short to a fan and mouthed his apologies
shorts??? :shock:

now that'd be a gesture!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:52 pm

thebish wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Much respect to mills, went up front looked like he meant it then gave his short to a fan and mouthed his apologies

I didn't hear any reports of "great tackle" involving Mills...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Not sure we'll be seeing wilkinson again by the sounds of it. Looking forward to le fondre!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:57 pm

I'd start mills up front on sat. On thr plus side we won the last half hour 2 nil.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:58 pm

thebish wrote:

LeverEnd are you by chance on your phone? Mine changes shirt to short all the time, fecking annoying.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:59 pm

not a great record so far (under lennon) of playing well for a whole game...

also - creativity and making chances still seems a long way off...

maybe le fondre and our new young thing are the keys...

is three at the back really working - or has lady luck papered over the cracks until tonight?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Listen..... were missing alot of players. Our first choice 11 is a match for most in this country but past that we really struggle!

Wilkinson had to play ( he's gash) kellet he had to try! where pinning most are hopes on a 36 year old Eidur!

The result today was not surprising! ! Dust ourselves off and go again
Last edited by plymouth wanderer on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:13 pm

TBH its been coming, we have been a bit lucky IMO in a few recent home games that we've managed to win.

We simply have no creativity or goal scorers in the side, so when the defence have an off game its inevitable - we are relatively easy to plan & play against, when we lost M Davies & Clayton we lost all of the midfield creativity so we are quite predictable.

However well Pratley has played recently he's been alone in the midfield, the rest are far too inconsistent as I've said before Danns only plays well 1 game in 3 as does Feeney (to be honest with Feeney its 1 good game in 4 or 5)

Forget any play off fantasy, NL has worked miracles getting us to where we are - he's got the players working hard and closing down but in terms of quality we are seriously lacking and a way off being promotion material. I'll hold my hands up with Eidur , he's is nothing like the player he was and doesn't appear able to make the impact I thought he would, but its been great to see him back in a white shirt, and in spells he is still very good to watch.

We also lack steel in the side, we simply don't have enough winners in the side and have a few a who are happy to hide when things get tough as a team I feel we are a bit soft.

Its only one game, however disappointing and hopefully its the kick up the backside we need to kick on in the next few games, perhaps the players where shattered after Liverpool - everyone needs to continue to back NL as until he can bring in 3 or 4 of his own players (not loans) we will get performances like this - finish in mid table and kick on next season, its still a million miles better than under Freedman.

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 pm

On the plus side, Wigan are now 8 points from safety...
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 pm

We were very very poor. Half hearted. Wilkinson looked like he couldn't be bothered. Didn't get off the floor for any headers. Gave the ball away easily. The ref was shocking. Two definite penalties, maybe even three. However, we did not deserve anything from the game. Rotherham wanted it. We did not. 874 away fans in good spirits. The 8000 home fans barely a sound all game. Not my favourite ground

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm

scotty wrote:On the plus side, Wigan are now 8 points from safety...
Always a bonus :D

Oh well, dust ourselves down, learn lessons and give Wolves a slap on Saturday.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Oh and seat 123 ish. Row maybe t. Stunning brunette. Mid to late 30's. Stopped me from walking out at half time!!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Oh and seat 123 ish. Row maybe t. Stunning brunette. Mid to late 30's. Stopped me from walking out at half time!!!!
sounds like LeverEnd...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:22 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:We were very very poor. Half hearted. Wilkinson looked like he couldn't be bothered. Didn't get off the floor for any headers. Gave the ball away easily. The ref was shocking. Two definite penalties, maybe even three. However, we did not deserve anything from the game. Rotherham wanted it. We did not. 874 away fans in good spirits. The 8000 home fans barely a sound all game. Not my favourite ground
i've heard excuses about being tired - but we can't excuse not wanting it.... (if, indeed, that's a true reflection of what happened...)

Lennon said we needed to make the most of these games and that we were only looking UP the table now...

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:25 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Oh and seat 123 ish. Row maybe t. Stunning brunette. Mid to late 30's. Stopped me from walking out at half time!!!!
Sorry, did I get in your way? :wink:

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:26 pm

I can take tired for the likes of Eidur but Wilkinson had no excuse. If that is him giving 100% he is a non stater. Hope it was just a bad day at the office.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:27 pm

twilight wrote:
Sorry, did I get in your way? :wink:
If that was you. Far from it. Far more pleasing on the eye than that drivel on the pitch

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:28 pm

thebish wrote:
sounds like LeverEnd...
:lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 pm

thebish wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:We were very very poor. Half hearted. Wilkinson looked like he couldn't be bothered. Didn't get off the floor for any headers. Gave the ball away easily. The ref was shocking. Two definite penalties, maybe even three. However, we did not deserve anything from the game. Rotherham wanted it. We did not. 874 away fans in good spirits. The 8000 home fans barely a sound all game. Not my favourite ground
i've heard excuses about being tired - but we can't excuse not wanting it.... (if, indeed, that's a true reflection of what happened...)

Lennon said we needed to make the most of these games and that we were only looking UP the table now...
This is good. We now have a lot more up we can look at, than if we'd won.

We're missing a whole squad load of attacking intent at the moment. PT mentioned Clayton and Mavies, but there's also Chungy, Cravies, one hit wonder Clough and Heskey although not quite In the same "creative" bracket maybe. Lot of players for a paper thin squad to be without...that's without including Alf and Rocheagles.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

This is good. We now have a lot more up we can look at, than if we'd won.

We're missing a whole squad load of attacking intent at the moment. PT mentioned Clayton and Mavies, but there's also Chungy, Cravies, one hit wonder Clough and Heskey although not quite In the same "creative" bracket maybe. Lot of players for a paper thin squad to be without...that's without including Alf and Rocheagles.
Yes forgot CYL but not deliberately - so yes I should have said without M Davies, Clayton & CYL we have zero midfield creativity - when I saw the line up tonight with Wilkinson & Kellett starting I thought we'd struggle, we really are down to the bare bones and I feel sorry for NL - all these injuries and not a pot to piss in, its sad really how fecking skint we are - and also sad that some senior decision makers within the club have made some seriously bum decisions over the years in regards to sanctioning some very average past signings on mind blowing wages with little accountability which have contributed to us being so skint.

Just imagine NL with the money available that Megson was allowed to spunk away.