Brum Game Piss Up

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Brum Game Piss Up

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 02, 2015 9:20 pm

danardif1 wrote:You'd hope that we'd get a pretty penny for him if we were to sell him because there are quite a few Premier League teams with far worse keepers...
He's out of contract in 6 weeks
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
danardif1 wrote:You'd hope that we'd get a pretty penny for him if we were to sell him because there are quite a few Premier League teams with far worse keepers...
He's out of contract in 6 weeks
Bugger! (or should I say 'Bogger' enoch!?!)

Well in either case I'd like us to keep hold of him, hopefully a deal can be reached because he's one of the few outstanding players we've got right now...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 pm

William the White wrote:
Riviman wrote:Poor poor game, not sure who showed the least interest the Bolton players or the Bolton supporters. At least the Brum supporters showed some passion.
Interesting summer coming up, not sure I'd keep any of the Whites who played today on recent performances,
Danns in particular for me was awful.
On today's performance we keep: Tim Ream, Bogdan, Eidur, Brannan... Each made a genuine contribution to the game...
welcome back WtW!! :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 02, 2015 10:46 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
Riviman wrote:Poor poor game, not sure who showed the least interest the Bolton players or the Bolton supporters. At least the Brum supporters showed some passion.
Interesting summer coming up, not sure I'd keep any of the Whites who played today on recent performances,
On today's performance we keep: Tim Ream, Bogdan, Eidur, Brannan... Each made a genuine contribution to the game...
Indeed. Good to hear from you. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 12:25 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
Indeed. Good to hear from you. :D
Oh shit! :(

:grin:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun May 03, 2015 1:48 am

danardif1 wrote:he's one of the few outstanding players we've got right now...
I wouldn't argue with that, other than to say he's 'the' outstanding player we have, even better than the much maligned Darren Pratley.

I think he'll sign for a Premiership club in the summer, probably one of the big 'uns too. His number two may get a Championship job, maybe League 1, though some still think he's better than Boggers.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun May 03, 2015 1:29 pm

We're blessed to have 2 very good keepers.

I can't see Bogdan staying with the shite he's got in front of him.

We'll go after Amos and Bogdan will be off to sit on a Premiership bench.

tomshaw1988
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tomshaw1988 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Bogdan is an excellent shot stopper but flaps on crosses he's been in good form since coming back into the side but was very inconsistent earlier in the season and last season making some shocking mistakes .

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

tomshaw1988 wrote:Bogdan is an excellent shot stopper but flaps on crosses he's been in good form since coming back into the side but was very inconsistent earlier in the season and last season making some shocking mistakes .
In all honesty, this thing about him flapping at crosses has never really been true.. In my opinion, he's better at collecting that Jussi was
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed May 06, 2015 1:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:
tomshaw1988 wrote:Bogdan is an excellent shot stopper but flaps on crosses he's been in good form since coming back into the side but was very inconsistent earlier in the season and last season making some shocking mistakes .
In all honesty, this thing about him flapping at crosses has never really been true.. In my opinion, he's better at collecting that Jussi was
That quote read like some of the lazy journalism DSb isn't ever guilty of (or not that I've noticed).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 06, 2015 3:47 pm

boltonboris wrote:
^ this

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Aye, but there's folk who reckon that any cross which doesn't end in the keeper catching it is somehow an error on the keeper's part.

One major weakness Boggers did have was patting things out to the middle of his six-yard box. On an almost weekly basis. That appears to have gone. In fact, since he came back in towards the end of last season something appears to have clicked in his head where he realises he isn't a youngster who is filling a gap anymore. He's been immaculate. Pre-Christmas Lonners was making one world-class save per game in a ridiculous run. Boggers isn't doing that, instead he's just consistently perfect in the basics which must make a huge difference to play in front of.

Must have a decent shout for being our "best" player.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 08, 2015 7:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:
To be damned by faint praise. Jaaskelainen was atrocious on crosses, see also kicking the fecking thing. Ginger watches balls that pass along the floor of the six yard box!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
To be damned by faint praise. Jaaskelainen was atrocious on crosses, see also kicking the fecking thing. Ginger watches balls that pass along the floor of the six yard box!
Yes. He doesn't flap at them, coz he's usually stands watching the feckers. He does appear to have worked on the one that he used to palm straight out to their waiting forward, so some credit where it's due.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 pm

so - this piss up, is it inside or outside? cos I'm here at the pub and there's nobody about...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun May 10, 2015 11:52 am

thebish wrote:so - this piss up, is it inside or outside? cos I'm here at the pub and there's nobody about...

Are you inside or outside?
:conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:so - this piss up, is it inside or outside? cos I'm here at the pub and there's nobody about...

Are you inside or outside?
:conf:
:D