A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:According to the stats, over the season so far Davies has our highest pass-success percentage (89.3%), our highest average number of passes per game (46.8 - a full 10 passes per game clear of the next-highest, Dervite) and our highest number of accurate short passes per game (39 - next is Danns on 29.2 and Vela on 29).

So he passes short, he passes often and he passes accurately. It's not a bad start.
He could be a good player. I get frustrated with him when he does his disappearing act - probably because I expect more of him. If he manages to last the season, it'll help us.
To be fair to Mark Davies he's not really a dominant central midfield type. But he's looking good to me. Deeper role, but he's working hard at the off the ball part I've noticed.

Vela was the 'oh is he actually playing' one for me yesterday. Danns was badly missed. Who does Pratley replace if everyone stays fit? Feeney?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: To be fair to Mark Davies he's not really a dominant central midfield type. But he's looking good to me. Deeper role, but he's working hard at the off the ball part I've noticed.

Vela was the 'oh is he actually playing' one for me yesterday. Danns was badly missed. Who does Pratley replace if everyone stays fit? Feeney?
I'd argue that Pratley only needs to replace someone because of injury or suspension if we keep playing well. I wouldn't change Saturday's starting eleven, especially if the same XI beats Wednesday.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: To be fair to Mark Davies he's not really a dominant central midfield type. But he's looking good to me. Deeper role, but he's working hard at the off the ball part I've noticed.

I'd argue that Pratley only needs to replace someone because of injury or suspension if we keep playing well. I wouldn't change Saturday's starting eleven, especially if the same XI beats Wednesday.
Nah, Pratz walks back in. Lennon said as much in his end of game comments saying we miss his physicality.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:According to the stats, over the season so far Davies has our highest pass-success percentage (89.3%), our highest average number of passes per game (46.8 - a full 10 passes per game clear of the next-highest, Dervite) and our highest number of accurate short passes per game (39 - next is Danns on 29.2 and Vela on 29).

So he passes short, he passes often and he passes accurately. It's not a bad start.
He could be a good player. I get frustrated with him when he does his disappearing act - probably because I expect more of him. If he manages to last the season, it'll help us.
To be fair to Mark Davies he's not really a dominant central midfield type. But he's looking good to me. Deeper role, but he's working hard at the off the ball part I've noticed.

My thought 2nd half as well - but as I've said previously IMO Danns was the usual ineffective shite, consistently getting caught in possession and giving the ball away time and time again - admittedly we did play worse when he went off but that was because the sulky, head down, can't be arsed I'll not try that much Vela replaced him....so in that respect I prefer Danns to Vela at the moment, as Vela doesn't look like he is putting in the same effort & energy he did last season.

I assume Danns gets picked because of his work rate & effort, which I agree is decent - but his lack of composure & ability on the ball is alarming (its like a hot potato at his feet) - straight swap Pratley for Danns when Pratley comes back IMO.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

My thought 2nd half as well - but as I've said previously IMO Danns was the usual ineffective shite, consistently getting caught in possession and giving the ball away time and time again - admittedly we did play worse when he went off but that was because the sulky, head down, can't be arsed I'll not try that much Vela replaced him....so in that respect I prefer Danns to Vela at the moment, as Vela doesn't look like he is putting in the same effort & energy he did last season.

I assume Danns gets picked because of his work rate & effort, which I agree is decent - but his lack of composure & ability on the ball is alarming (its like a hot potato at his feet) - straight swap Pratley for Danns when Pratley comes back IMO.
Danns broke up their play and filled the hole in front of the centre halves.

He is our most effective midfield player off the ball.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:47 pm

^^^ aah. "Playing without the ball".

Y'know I'd forgotten how good we were at that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ It never ceases to amaze me, that mavies always manages a performance against his ex club. Pity about the rest of the season...
Perhaps he can teach Madine how to have a good one on Tues. He needs to soon, or we'll all be thinking what my Owls supporting mate thinks, that he's not good enough for this level. Head looks to have gone down for me. I'd still start him because of lack of options and the effect it might have on him to be dropped against them, but he should be off early 2nd half if he's not pulled his finger out and Ivanhoe can come on and sweep their defence aside.

As for Davies, he can disappear and it irritates me, but he's only done it a couple of times this season and he's getting better as the season goes on. I wonder what his record is for consecutive starts? Stattos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:36 pm

He averages about half a season per season. He did 16 consecutive league apps in 2011/12. I think that can't be far short. Can't remember whether he missed any in his run of 18 last season.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:16 pm

See that Wolves have been put up for sale by Steve Morgan.

My first thoughts were be how that would impact on our Eddies attempts at sale. I don't know much about their off field commercial set up, but If you were a foreign owner with a burning desire to buy a championship club which Wanderers would you buy ?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:20 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:See that Wolves have been put up for sale by Steve Morgan.

My first thoughts were be how that would impact on our Eddies attempts at sale. I don't know much about their off field commercial set up, but If you were a foreign owner with a burning desire to buy a championship club which Wanderers would you buy ?

We ARE the one and only Wanderers ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:23 pm

BOGOF??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Here's the guy, Morgan .... Mr. Redrow ..., who bought into a club he didn't support as a compensation for not getting hold of Liverpool Admin., the team he's followed from childhood.

What he has done is NOT be an Eddie Davies and kept his losses under control. The fans have been on his back constantly - obviously of the view that any owner must arrive and chuck hundreds of £millions at it. Buying any club really is caveat emptor as those pesky fans are an ungrateful lot with bottomless expectations.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Are Wolves still going ahead with their staged redevelopment of Molineux?

Should never have sacked Mick Mac...

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:17 pm

thebish wrote:

BOGOF??
:lol: :lol:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Are Wolves still going ahead with their staged redevelopment of Molineux?

Should never have sacked Mick Mac...
Was that the one where they prepared for Europe?

[Tho anyone who saw the old molineux is in total awe at the outstanding beauty of the current one...]

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:34 am

interesting article here - some similar issues to our own http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wol ... ul-timing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Partly answers my off field business questions - stadium partly re-developed, new training, Acadamy 1 status. Just doesn't say how much he wants for them...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:43 pm

ED should buy Wolves. Asset strip the feckers and pay off our debt with it. It's only right n proper.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:ED should buy Wolves. Asset strip the feckers and pay off our debt with it. It's only right n proper.
:pray: :pray: ... & they say you a fckg idiot !!

Not all the time you aren't.

.... then we really would be the one & only Wanderers. Apart from Wycombe I suppose.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Thanks, I think.... :-)

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:ED should buy Wolves. Asset strip the feckers and pay off our debt with it. It's only right n proper.
:pray: :pray: ... & they say you a fckg idiot !!

Not all the time you aren't.

.... then we really would be the one & only Wanderers. Apart from Wycombe I suppose.
Have we ever played Wycombe?