A Hard Day's Night by Lennon & McCarthy (A) Ipswich 3/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A Hard Day's Night by Lennon & McCarthy (A) Ipswich 3/11

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Jugs wrote:I'm not talking about the panorama of Allardyce's entire tenure, I'm talking about the last 2 seasons when he bored the socks off me. It's subjective. I'll never forget Birmingham away when he came out and said he'd "love a 0-0" beforehand. Yep, let's all get excited about travelling down to Brum for a 0-0. We lost by the way, 1-0.

Or the home collapse against newly promoted Reading.

What I don't understand is you won't accept any positives about Lennon, yet you don't want him sacked either?
To be honest I was pushing for us to get Lennon and at the time thought it was a real coup for us getting him - but 12 months later there are zero positives about Lennon, we have made absolutely zero progress, in fact we have gone backwards and he's now putting out a disjointed, disorganised, unmotivated, piss poor bunch of wasters on a regular basis, he's also now found Dougie's bingo machine and is using it to select the RB every week (despite spending what little cash on not one but 2 new full backs who he now won't play)

He's not addressed any of the issues required to move us forward - a striker who can score, a tough tackling midfield leader and a defensive solidity. Even though we have no money he's been allowed to bring in plenty of his own players of which none have improved the side.

I still like Lennon, but he hasn't got any idea whatsoever to get us out of this alarming slump - 1st thing for me is to drop Pratley, in the form he's in (his form of the 1st few years) he's liability, a plodding 'trotter' like cart house and he's supposedly our leader on the pitch - the team currently mirror Pratley i.e. lethargic, ambling, plodding, slow, can't be arsed. We have too many sulkers / shithouses in the side - Feeney, Vela who play with their heads down.

IMO his 'so called' passion is not enough on its own to get out us of the mess we are in, we need someone who can organise, motivate and get this bunch of 'very limited' players playing with pride, spirit & passion, pressing closing down the opposition, getting in their faces and playing with a quicker tempo - and also someone who is tactically aware and unfortunately Lennon is clearly clueless tactically.

I haven't got a clue who we could get or who would come here with this bunch of talentless wasters & also whether we can actually afford to replace him - but simply judging him on his managerial ability at BWFC in the last 12 months he can go now for me....he'll obviously not resign because he'll lose a pay off, but IMO his body language at recent games looks that of a man who doesn't want to be there, doesn't like the job & can't wait to get out because he knows that he can't improve 'his' shower of shite - this may possibly be due to Mjallby leaving or it could just be that he had it easy at Celtic....and perhaps he knows deep down that its nigh on impossible to get this bunch of players interested in winning football matches.
Some reasonable points of view in this PT. Reality is we could (and generally do) argue about formations, individual players, bizarre team selections, strange signings, whether the current incumbent is the "right man for the job". Bottom line is, Lennon said his target was play-offs not so very long ago. As with any other Manager including the clueless Freedman, fcukwit Coyle, boring bastard Megson, short-arsed Lee, the only real important measure is where we are in the table.

Allardyce did table position very well. Mr Jugs can comment on whether Allardyce should have said he was aiming for a nil-nil at Brum, but the bottom line is we qualified for Europe that season. At the end of December we were third in the table (iirc) and hardly dropped below 5th for most of the season. I'll take that form every time, thanks. It didn't bore me.

Losing to MK Dons. That bores me shitless. Sitting here not expecting to get anything better than a draw against Preston bores me shitless. Turning up to the game convinced we're going to get fcuk all out of it and play like a clueless set of bastards. That bores me shitless. Having no fcuker who can put the ball in the net and being the lowest scoring team in the entire football league - that bores me shitless. One win in 15 games - I don't need to tell you how good that feels - but I will - it bores me shitless.

We've won 7 out of 41 games this year. Not good enough by anybody's standards.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Some reasonable points of view in this PT. Reality is we could (and generally do) argue about formations, individual players, bizarre team selections, strange signings, whether the current incumbent is the "right man for the job". Bottom line is, Lennon said his target was play-offs not so very long ago. As with any other Manager including the clueless Freedman, fcukwit Coyle, boring bastard Megson, short-arsed Lee, the only real important measure is where we are in the table.

Allardyce did table position very well. Mr Jugs can comment on whether Allardyce should have said he was aiming for a nil-nil at Brum, but the bottom line is we qualified for Europe that season. At the end of December we were third in the table (iirc) and hardly dropped below 5th for most of the season. I'll take that form every time, thanks. It didn't bore me.

Losing to MK Dons. That bores me shitless. Sitting here not expecting to get anything better than a draw against Preston bores me shitless. Turning up to the game convinced we're going to get fcuk all out of it and play like a clueless set of bastards. That bores me shitless. Having no fcuker who can put the ball in the net and being the lowest scoring team in the entire football league - that bores me shitless. One win in 15 games - I don't need to tell you how good that feels - but I will - it bores me shitless.

We've won 7 out of 41 games this year. Not good enough by anybody's standards.
To be honest its 1 win in 21 stretching back to last season

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:50 pm

Last season was always gonna tail off after we stayed up. Saying "1 win in 21" smacks of arbitrary line-drawing in mid-March. Far more damning, to me, to say 1 win in all 15 games we've played this season, after a full pre-season, and two full transfer windows.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Both the goals there I thought, "Doesn't look like they should score from this... goal." No decent attempts to stop the shots but poor stuff from Amos it looks like.

Not one highlight for us!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Last season was always gonna tail off after we stayed up. Saying "1 win in 21" smacks of arbitrary line-drawing in mid-March. Far more damning, to me, to say 1 win in all 15 games we've played this season, after a full pre-season, and two full transfer windows.
Why were we always going to tail off?

And Birmingham City....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:

Pick the bones out of that. I can see two counts of Prince Ball Watching (neither led to a goal) and one count of Amos Poor Positioning (he probably should have done better with the first, too, and judging by his reaction, he knows it).

Roll on Bristol City.
If you were to run around in a circle there, Dr Hotdog, either clockwise or anticlockwise, it's entirely up to you, then you'd curl a nice shit out. Far better than the one that you've just posted. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Last season was always gonna tail off after we stayed up. Saying "1 win in 21" smacks of arbitrary line-drawing in mid-March. Far more damning, to me, to say 1 win in all 15 games we've played this season, after a full pre-season, and two full transfer windows.
Why were we always going to tail off?

And Birmingham City....
Tail off because mission was accomplished, and half the team was always leaving. Maybe "always" is too strong but it didn't surprise me.

Dunno what you mean about Brum.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Anyway, less than 3 days to go. Who's coming up with the thread title? Come on?
Bristols=tits
redbreasts=cock robins.
The arena is fecund with insinuation.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:20 pm

To cheer myself up I watched Jule's goal at Southampton again. Thanks DSB. At the time I think it was the mentalist celebration I'd ever been part of watching the Wanderers. Swiftly followed by the biggest baddest kick in the knackers I've ever had but hey ho.

I followed this by watching the Ipswich highlights and got my videos confused. Who was the lumbering no4 playing for us last night that ambles into view on all their attacks without looking like he's going to do anything useful?. I swear it's Paul feckin Comstive!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:To cheer myself up I watched Jule's goal at Southampton again. Thanks DSB. At the time I think it was the mentalist celebration I'd ever been part of watching the Wanderers. Swiftly followed by the biggest baddest kick in the knackers I've ever had but hey ho.

I followed this by watching the Ipswich highlights and got my videos confused. Who was the lumbering no4 playing for us last night that ambles into view on all their attacks without looking like he's going to do anything useful?. I swear it's Paul feckin Comstive!
Think it's Dervite??

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Jeez. Can someone buy this thread a one way ticket to a clinic in Switzerland please. De. Press. Ing. And not a single Beatles pun for days.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:30 pm

All the BWFC squad are running up Rivington tomorrow.

Fool(s) on the Hill.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Jugs wrote:Yes, it isn't great at the moment, but if we have a fully fit squad in January and IF the board will release some funds and IF the scouts and Lennon get together and bring in some talent, I'm optimistic that things will improve.
... and if DSb's aunt can get her neck around wearing the old man's bollocks.
Jugs wrote:I'm certain. If he can keep his best XI fit, and if he can lift the players' confidence and MAYBE spend some cash in Jan on some talent, things will improve.
Peter Thompson wrote:this may possibly be due to Mjallby leaving
:lol:
Peter Thompson wrote:I like listening to him and he comes across like he knows the game and he's a sincere genuine man ...
Nice
Peter Thompson wrote: ... but what I'm seeing on the pitch with his team selections, tactics, lack of team shape, no passion, slow tempo, no pressing like we did in his 1st few games I'm seriously doubting his managerial ability
Well at least he's nice to listen to and comes across a sincere genuine man .

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:51 pm

enrdentw wrote:All the BWFC squad are running up Rivington tomorrow.

Fool(s) on the Hill.

THREAD CLOSED.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:55 pm

Enoch wrote:
Jugs wrote:Yes, it isn't great at the moment, but if we have a fully fit squad in January and IF the board will release some funds and IF the scouts and Lennon get together and bring in some talent, I'm optimistic that things will improve.
Jugs wrote:I'm certain. If he can keep his best XI fit, and if he can lift the players' confidence and MAYBE spend some cash in Jan on some talent, things will improve.
Peter Thompson wrote:this may possibly be due to Mjallby leaving
Peter Thompson wrote:I like listening to him and he comes across like he knows the game and he's a sincere genuine man ...
Nice
Peter Thompson wrote: ... but what I'm seeing on the pitch with his team selections, tactics, lack of team shape, no passion, slow tempo, no pressing like we did in his 1st few games I'm seriously doubting his managerial ability
Well at least he's nice to listen to and comes across a sincere genuine man .
Do you think it's time for him to go then?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:57 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Jeez. Can someone buy this thread a one way ticket to a clinic in Switzerland please. De. Press. Ing. And not a single Beatles pun for days.
I'd go with 'The End.'

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:54 am

Not got an answer, Enoch?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:05 am

HELP!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:24 am

I suppose if things carry on there's a chance he'll do a presser entirely in song titles by the Hey Jude Hitmakers.

“Not Guilty. What Goes On? You Never Give Me Your Money. Money, That’s What I Want. It’s All Too Much, I Don’t Want to Spoil the Party, I’m Down, I’m a Loser. I’ll Be On My Way; You Won’t See Me. Good Night.”

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:47 pm

Sergeant Lennons Low cost Heartless Band ?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham