2 to Bees, or not 2 to Bees......? - Brentford (H) 30/11/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: 2 to Bees, or not 2 to Bees......? - Brentford (H) 30/11

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:Did Gary Madine just call Lennon a fecking prick?
Yes it looked like it to me....unless there was someone else in his eye line, it was straight after Lennon jumped up and started screaming at him.

This side would struggle in League 1 - absolutely shambolic, they play like a pub team & Pratley is fcuking abysmal
It looks like he says 'scottish prick' to me, so either he's talking to someone else or his ear for accents is as accurate as his shooting.
'I was having a f*cking shot, you prick', is what he said. That doesn't make it much better, mind.
At least that's not racist. It'd be terrible to go down that road. I mean ... priorities & all that.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Nicko58 wrote:'I was having a f*cking shot, you prick', is what he said. That doesn't make it much better, mind.
In the widest (and highest) possible sense...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:'I was having a f*cking shot, you prick', is what he said. That doesn't make it much better, mind.
Aye, not sure I'd want to admit to that being a shot though... :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Indeed not. D'you remember preseason, when he looked deadly? Now he looks deathly.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Indeed not. D'you remember preseason, when he looked deadly? Now he looks deathly.
Seems to have spread throught the side. We look bereft of ideas, confidence and fight. Far too many actions seem about keeping possession, even if it means going backwards (which it often does) rather than attacking the goal. That and losing possesion through half-hearted, careless flicks.Add our propensity (good word that for a Monday?) to hit it long and hope, and our game is pretty sad.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Lennon looks totally disinterested. The performance for large parts looked disinterested.

Brentford should have won comfortably. We had a spell for about 10 minutes after scoring. Beyond that we were woeful.

This team is not motivated, organised or energetic. Looking at Lennons body language it is no wonder.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I wonder how much the players not getting paid is affecting their motivation.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lennon looks totally disinterested.

totally lacking in bias?? :conf: :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Vertigo wrote:I wonder how much the players not getting paid is affecting their motivation.
it's a very handy excuse now - but it is just that - an excuse... nobody believes they will not get their cash sooner or later, and in the mean time they won't starve...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:37 am

I don't buy the not looking interested at all. No shortage of "passion", look at the reaction to the goal. No shortage of caring (witness Ameobi's pathetic but wholehearted attempts to scab a pen; of any of thems indignant frustration at resorting to kicking out at a better team). They're just not all that good. Star player, Feeney, by a mile. He's limited, and you're not getting any shape on anything, but he gets it in every time and is actually positive. Once we had two big men in there we looked like scoring.

I actually thought they looked good, some of the stuff they strung together was lovely (though we didn't make it hard). First half we loooked abysmal. A team who couldn't play football trying to beat a team who could. Second half we looked a threat. It happened by accident with Clayton going off but with two big men in the box and balls chucked in we looked like scoring.

I hope he's got the nous to recognise that because, as ugly as it was, there were goals there, and it's the first time I've thought that since August!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:07 am

It's a sad day for the club when we can't pay wages, are bottom of our league, but most of all when we are scratching around with worthless c*nts like madine as our best hope of a goal. What a joke.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lennon looks totally disinterested.
remember going to the first few games of his reign, spent more time watching Lennon's animations than the match! he was kicking and heading every ball, running up and down, screaming and shouting, and going batshit when we scored. was great!

now he just slumps in that chair behind his snood with his arms folded :(

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:10 am

Having not seen us play a full 90 mins for a while, even on tv, last night I thought I'd give it a go. I wondered if the rumours of our demise as a team, not a club, were being exaggerated. Fck me, people aren't wrong! We were woeful.
First 2 mins, played high and pressed well. I thought this is looking good. Then downhill all the way.
Without Amos, we would have lost by 3 or 4. Vela, totally exposed as not a right back. Cassado, not too bad. Wheater played ok for me. Danns & Feeney industrious but lacking quality, although Feeney did keep getting the ball into the box. Madine, the not got a goal in him in a month of sundays machine is fkng dreadful. Technically inept. As for openly abusing his manager like he did, wtf!? Could you imagine a player doing that to Ferguson or Allardyce ? Bin him off now, let him rot in the reserves. Davies was lucky to stay on the pitch, but looking at him, it seemed it was the last place he wanted to be. Everyone else could walk out of the door I'd not miss 'em.
Things look very grim indeed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:25 am

We can't bin Madine off because we only have Ameobi on a short term pay as you play deal. So presumably he will be off soon as we need to save every penny.

Meaning Madine is all we will have left.

I thought Danns had a very good game last night. I thought Feeney played fairly well. The rest were an apology for a football team.

Lennon genuinely looks to me to have zero fight in him. GM makes the point above in that when Lennon arrived he was full of animation and fight on the touchline. Since we went out of the cup to Liverpool last season he has looked less and less interested. More often than not slumped on the bench arms folded Lennie Lawrence style.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 am

Presumably because it finally dawned on him that he's banging his head against a wall with this lot. He can shout and wave his arms around as much as he likes, wont make a blind bit of difference. He could pick a proper right back and try and play a settled side though.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:02 pm

1. Their goal was actually very nice.

2. Our defending is sketchy at times, but clearly, isn't bad enough to be costing us games. Glad that was at least semi fixed before we ran out of money.

3. Why is Vela at full back again?
Last edited by Vertigo on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Vertigo wrote: 3. Why is Vela at full back again?
Pisano and Wilson are in the doghouse and Campo mk11 is as big a calamity at right back as Bobo trying to run up a spiral staircase.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Presumably because it finally dawned on him that he's banging his head against a wall with this lot. He can shout and wave his arms around as much as he likes, wont make a blind bit of difference. He could pick a proper right back and try and play a settled side though.
Sort of This!

But if he picked a settled team etc and we still performed to this standard, history suggests we would, he'd get called for not changing it round. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You can't make a silk purse from a Sows ear..

Shouting anything at this lot is wasted.. They're either to old to hear it, Don't understand it or as thick as a Whale omlette and become confused and disorientatted as the drain on brain activity towards reason and away from motor function increases the risk of falling over with the effort. Or worse still Gary Madine , the fifth Goal post.

We're in Limbo until Poundland or whoever make a bid whether or not that will be in time is debatable especially if the overdraft gets called in and we cop the 12 point deduction..

Happy days,.
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Vertigo wrote: 1. Their goal was actually very nice.
It was taken very nicely by a lad who simply trotted through from midfield unchecked. He looked like a pheasant popping out of a hedgerow the way he simply took a few steps forward.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Vertigo wrote: 1. Their goal was actually very nice.
It was taken very nicely by a lad who simply trotted through from midfield unchecked. He looked like a pheasant popping out of a hedgerow the way he simply took a few steps forward.
That wasn't in isolation either. They waltzed through at ease most of the match. There was a huge gap between the centre halves too.